Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Codex Ignore...

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The ignore feature should be updated for more lulz.

How about whenever you ignore somebody all your posts gets hidden for a few days.

nomask7

Arcane
Didn't intend for this to be a birdshot multiquote, but shit happens.

You're trying to frame this discussion as being about hurt feelings, when it's actually about fighting evil.

Not all behaviour is acceptable, unless you value freedom more highly than other things. But this wouldn't be American, it would be satanic. The ignore function is there so you can say "this is unacceptable". If you don't have standards, then obviously you wouldn't be using it.

I wasn't insinuating you don't have a life. I myself am only posting on the Codex because I don't have the opportunity to insult my own intelligence in more interesting ways. There are some disgusting individuals here whose existence I don't want to be reminded of. It's not about feelings, it's about aesthetics. (And power, and war.)

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
You're trying to frame this discussion as being about hurt feelings, when it's actually about fighting evil.

:lol:

So... something like this?

Dark_Sword_by_MagicMushroomTony.png

baturinsky

Arcane
Ignore function is a great reminder to self that there is no point for speaking or listening to some people.

Last edited:

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Newfag detected :p
The ignore list used to be secret, and loads of people used it to avoid having to waste so much as a single millisecond to identify and scroll past a post by a worthless poster. Then DU made it public for the lulz and a lot of predictable butturt and a bit of funny drama occureded. Now it's mostly calmed down but we still get threads like this a couple of times a year to rehash the same old arguments.

I would have no problem with that explanation if it wasn't for the fact that the ignore list very often breaks the flow of conversations. It hides any posts that contain quotes from ignored members as well as the posts themselves and occasionally you either miss out on discussion or see a post with no quotes in that makes absolutely no sense without the hidden posts to provide context for it.

Pantalones

Prospernaut
The ignore list used to be secret, and loads of people used it to avoid having to waste so much as a single millisecond to identify and scroll past a post by a worthless poster. Then DU made it public for the lulz and a lot of predictable butturt and a bit of funny drama occureded. Now it's mostly calmed down but we still get threads like this a couple of times a year to rehash the same old arguments.

I would have no problem with that explanation if it wasn't for the fact that the ignore list very often breaks the flow of conversations. It hides any posts that contain quotes from ignored members as well as the posts themselves and occasionally you either miss out on discussion or see a post with no quotes in that makes absolutely no sense without the hidden posts to provide context for it.

Well in that case you ignored the wrong person I guess. I suppose that is an argument to keep the list secret. That way people won't just do it in order to be dramatic and will only use it if people act spammy or hostile.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron

That's what the "show ignored content" button is for. You might be ignoring the wrong posters if this happens frequently, though.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
what if the person you've ignored is - for example - some moron who doesn't understand burden of proof and what evidence means, and so any discussion with him would be fruitless?

What if he does good LPs? What if he's the first to review a new game? What if you'll come to find his posts genuinely humorous with time?
:hahano:
You did brofist me sometimes. And also got entertained in some threads i made. Even idonthavetimeforniggacrap and SCO brofisted me once, but maybe they weren't aware i was a dumbfuck disguised as a codexer gentleman(pro-tip, make sure to quote my post with my tag for easy brofists).

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Almost forgot: Ignore list is proof that multiculturalism is a failed ideology. Nobody wants to be around different people, be it different in terms of nationality, race, sexual preference, ideologies or IQ levels... The huge amounts of infighting in this forum is an indictment of high levels of diverse individuals.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Also, I prefer to take the community as-is than to prune it to my taste.

This.

It just wouldn't be the same if clicking "rpgcodex.net" didn't bring on that perpetual pang of self-loathing for continuing to want to post on a site half-filled with people who actually manage to disgust me in new ways every day.

I don't know who any of them are

:lol:

Heh. Hehe. Hehehehaha...

Ignore function is a great reminder to self that there is no point for speaking or listening to some people.

It ain't something i do and it ain't some people i want to talk with.

Last edited:

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
to avoid discussing too much over this trivial matter and to avoid going in circles:
check out my ignore list. then let me know which of those posters has actually posted something of value, and i'll gladly remove them from my ignore list.
Khor's actually a p. good poster IMO. He's certainly the only one of the rightwing/religious Codexers who isn't a complete tard and seems to actually develop his own set of beliefs and thoughts as opposed to posting a one-note retarded conservtard line a la sheek or HHR. Watching him demolish some of said tards' arguments is pretty entertaining when it happens. Even though I disagree with him 90% of the time, and he can occasionally be a bit creepy, he's a p. cool guy overall.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
to avoid discussing too much over this trivial matter and to avoid going in circles:
check out my ignore list. then let me know which of those posters has actually posted something of value, and i'll gladly remove them from my ignore list.
Khor's actually a p. good poster IMO. He's certainly the only one of the rightwing/religious Codexers who isn't a complete tard and seems to actually develop his own set of beliefs and thoughts as opposed to posting a one-note retarded conservtard line a la sheek or HHR. Watching him demolish some of said tards' arguments is pretty entertaining when it happens. Even though I disagree with him 90% of the time, and he can occasionally be a bit creepy, he's a p. cool guy overall.

He's also super boring most times.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Me having to read nomask and liberal on the very first page of this thread is proof that, if anything, the ignore function needs to be improved. If a 100 people ignore you Lithuanian Hitmen are automatically sent after you (I'm sure the anonymity of the internet will make sure that this power is used responsibly). Capitalist Russia would not put up with moronic assholes posting :rpgcodex:

On a slightly more serious note: People are still whining about this? Why?!? You use it or you don't. Moaning about others using it just make you a whiny little bitch. Probably a troll who gets all limp cause nobody is forced to pay attention.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
On a slightly more serious note: People are still whining about this? Why?!? You use it or you don't. Moaning about others using it just make you a whiny little bitch. Probably a troll who gets all limp cause nobody is forced to pay attention.

We have a saying here in the States: "You're not IN traffic, you ARE traffic."

Khor1255

Arcane
The ignore feature is something worth chuckling about. People don't use it because they don't want to read certain people's posts, they use it because they want to spite them. If they simply didn't want to read certain member's posts, they would simply scroll past them.
Yep. And it is hilarious to be added to their little list. I don't aim for it, but it's a great indicator of character.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
would be a valid point if it were true, but there's only 5 people ignoring me and i don't care much 4 any of them. it just doesn't seem very codexy to me to include such a mainstream feature.
It's also counterproductive to the potential level of fun around here.

Your idea of fun is driving the best members away because some deranged fuck ups are allowed to harass them freely?

If you want the ignore function gone, then you'd also have to police harassment.

1. Good poster does receive recognition in addition to spam. If he doesn't, he's not a good poster.
2. Must be pretty lonely on your high horse if you think you have the power to drive anyone away from something they like by spamming or trolling.
3. Depending on your ability to read and your memory 4 names you should automatically be able to mentally ignore people who often write shit based solely on how often it happens. If it does not happen often then they do not spam or troll and your assumption that they deserve to be ignored was flawed, useless and possibly self damaging.
4. How often does it happen that someone is spamming your personal mailbox on the codex and why would that be a case of ignore instead of ban? I mean if someone truly goes out of his way to send you pics of his dick every day or is otherwise incapable of respecting your personal mailbox then this is not just a fight between 2 guys, it's a case of psychopathological behavior and it should be "policed" by mods. If mods have the time to sort threads and move them around and change titles and shit then they should be able to deal with a few morons once in a while.
5. What's up with the ignore as a weapon against evil? Out of arguments? That shit is stupid even as a joke.
6. Grow up, others have...

If the ignore function is useless, might as well leave it there. At least it provides some amusement in the form of "You're butthurt because you're ignoring me!" "Nuh-uh, you're butthurt because I'm ignoring you!" banter.

How about a better idea.
When you ignore someone, you are automatically added to the ignore list of ignored person, so both of you disappear from each other's lives and live happily in your retarded little world.

Better idea my brown ass. People would still reply to that person, meaning I'd have a hard time knowing what the fuck was going on because someone else decided to fiddle with their forum settings.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Your idea of fun is driving the best members away because some deranged fuck ups are allowed to harass them freely?

I'm going to have to disagree here. If anyone is driven away by other posters, on the Codex of all places, then they are not the 'best' members. If that is all it takes to drive them away from here, then what were they doing here in the first place?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom