Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Codex Ignore...

DakaSha

Arcane
I feel like the people that cry 'butthurt' (as if that were the only reason) when I ignore them tend to act the most butthurt about being ignored. They even make threads about it apparently.

edit: now i remeber.. prosper ignored him at the same time lol. I guess that would push anybody over the edge

Last edited:

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I request that SCO's ignore on my person be lifted by the moderators, so he can read my dissertations about Portuguese imperialist policy...

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
Your idea of fun is driving the best members away because some deranged fuck ups are allowed to harass them freely?

I'm going to have to disagree here. If anyone is driven away by other posters, on the Codex of all places, then they are not the 'best' members. If that is all it takes to drive them away from here, then what were they doing here in the first place?

BUT! BUT!
HURT FEELINGS!

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I still think that banning person after ignoring X amount of codexer is good idea.
Because why bother with community when you ignore half or 3/4 of them...

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I still think that banning person after ignoring X amount of codexer is good idea.

That seems too heavy handed.

There has to be another way that would generate more lulz.

How about a limit on how many people you can ignore, like say 25. I'm sure that would cause some drama.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Or if you ignore more than X amount of people you can only post in Prosperland until you remove posters and your ignore list drops to below a certain amount of people again.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Can't hurt to swap the stalk and ignore buttons once in a while though, can it?

Turjan

Arcane
Meh, if the ignore list is good for one thing, it's the lulzy threads it always sprouts on Site Feedback :cool:.

Although I personally don't use the ignore list, I don't mind other people using it. Actually, I considered using the ignore function for the first time last week, just to make the screenshot thread more readable, as a convenience function. No big deal either way.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

That seems too heavy handed.

There has to be another way that would generate more lulz.

How about a limit on how many people you can ignore, like say 25. I'm sure that would cause some drama.
Well if it's maximum butthurt and drama you're after, imagine the limit being set at just 1. :troll:

First the drama of people like SCO or K3ero deciding who to choose and then the explosive butthurt of the ignorees knowing there's someone on the Codex who considers them the absolute worst of the entire insane menagerie.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
I don't ignore people just because their ideology disagrees with mine. I haven't ignored Irenaeus because he is a BRO. Both libruls and conservatards can be BROs, I ignore people who annoy me/have contributed nothing of value to the forum.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I may not be able to "win" an argument through blameless argumentation, as though the forum were a convention of veteran philosophers arguing under the auspices of a brilliant moderator, but there are still interesting discussions to be had.

Anyone that seriously comes to the Codex to try and "win" arguments as if they matter is a gigantic moron.

The point is humor and learning new things, new perspectives. If you're going to ignore anything that disagrees with your world views, why bother coming at all?

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
a0fcef.jpg

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
This Djinn magic is truly amazing. The power of the ignore list can allow one to obliterate GD.

EDIT: Holy shit it's a pain in the ass to use. Easier to just scroll past posts.

EDIT2: Why do some of you miserable cunts make your profile private? No one gives a shit about you. It also makes un-ignoring you a fucking pain in the ass because I then have to hunt down a post you made to do it. I'm talking about you raw

EDIT3: Broseph you lied to me. I should have known better than to trust Djinn magic.

EDIT4: btw, Gratz to anyone that won a copy of Wasteland.

EDIT5: Having 100+ people actually made Crispy and idonthave pop up everywhere. Shame I can't ignore mods.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom