Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Codex Ignore...

I still think that banning person after ignoring X amount of codexer is good idea.
Because why bother with community when you ignore half or 3/4 of them...

That seems too heavy handed.

There has to be another way that would generate more lulz.

How about a limit on how many people you can ignore, like say 25. I'm sure that would cause some drama.

Create the "Wailing Wall" subforum. When you ignore someone, you have to post a thread there explaining your motives, preferably with a link to the post that broke the camel's back if you still remember it.

Serisl Ignorers can have their own megathread that they update regularly.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Codex ignore function is great. I can see how quickly I caused butthurt to Cleve by noting how long it takes to be ignored by him after a few flaccid retorts to my erudite and scathing commentary about his 'shitsterpiece'.

Just looking through apart from an ignore by the mobile fecal recepticle nomask and Cleve, being ignored by Awor is a bit of a curiousity. Don't remember ever saying much about anything with him around so don't know the cause of his butthurt. Ah, he ignores almost everyone, so it wasn't anything I said.

Last edited:

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Codex ignore function is great. I can see how quickly I caused butthurt to Cleve by noting how long it takes to be ignored by him after a few flaccid retorts to my erudite and scathing commentary about his 'shitsterpiece'.

Just looking through apart from an ignore by the mobile fecal recepticle nomask and Cleve, being ignored by Awor is a bit of a curiousity. Don't remember ever saying much about anything with him around so don't know the cause of his butthurt. Ah, he ignores almost everyone, so it wasn't anything I said.

Awor ignores me too and I have never talked to him as far as I can remember.

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
Awor's fashion ideology is a big weight on whether he is going to ignore you or not. Hellraiser, a generally good poster (which Awor even admits), was ignored for having a 'vile collarist agenda'.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
This Djinn magic is truly amazing. The power of the ignore list can allow one to obliterate GD.

Were that this were really true. I actually would love an "Ignore GD" function. Or perhaps the people who have a higher GD ratio than RPG news or GRPG grouped together in one large ignore? Who can make this so, tell me!

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Your idea of fun is driving the best members away because some deranged fuck ups are allowed to harass them freely?

I'm going to have to disagree here. If anyone is driven away by other posters, on the Codex of all places, then they are not the 'best' members. If that is all it takes to drive them away from here, then what were they doing here in the first place?
BUT! BUTTHURT FEELINGS!
Fixed
:troll:

Pantalones

Prospernaut
If someone ignores you, you should get an alert. I find myself wondering what post I made to make someone dislike me. I have to admit, it hurts my feelings.

Pantalones

Prospernaut
If someone ignores you, you should get an alert. I find myself wondering what post I made to make someone dislike me. I have to admit, it hurts my feelings.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...faces-to-control-feelings.92011/#post-3304688

Don't worry I'll recover.

YReprG4.jpg

Love this stuff.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Only soft dicks people care about others opinions. Expecially on the internet forum. Especially on gaming forum.

So what now, I should waste the whole day, create some valid posts only to make a pleasure to some random forum member and share inanity with him? NOPE

sup, Drog

Pantalones

Prospernaut
Only soft dicks people care about others opinions. Expecially on the internet forum. Especially on gaming forum.

So what now, I should waste the whole day, create some valid posts only to make a pleasure to some random forum member and share inanity with him? NOPE

Well, we make pleasure together, my friend. Hmm. Maybe this is not such a good idea.

sup, Drog

:lol:

Turjan

Arcane
I guess I'm past that. I remember the first time I discovered that someone had put me on ignore (not here), and the reason was that I had used smilies at the end of some of my posts. The weirdest thing was that this was brought up as one of the most obvious reasons to ignore people, probably a year after the fact, on a different board, without the person being aware that I read that. That must have been a lasting impression. Upon this revelation, I resisted going on a three month self-finding tour to the Himalayas and came to the conclusion that, often enough, you will never know or understand. It's life. But, who cares.

Pantalones

Prospernaut
I remember the first time I discovered that someone had put me on ignore (not here), and the reason was that I had used smilies at the end of some of my posts.

Maybe I should stop doing that. I don't want to look like some kind of chucklehead.

I am sure I will get over it in time, I was just a little shocked, that's all. But I don't want to be a bad poster, either.

set

Cipher
Anyone who uses ignore has legitmate mental health issues they need to discuss with their doctor right away.

Anyone who is worthy of ignoring should be bannable, period. And they should be subject to a ban immediately - thus making ignore a pointless feature. If your posts are abusive, destructive and/or spammy, that's ban worthy.

Anything else is useful discussion or amusement. It's the internet, folks.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
The best thing about ignore-fans like Idonthaveit and Broseph is that they still continue reading the posts of people they ignore.

Though I have to give it to Idont - he agreed to ignore me because I couldn't ignore him... Thanks again, bro.

And BROseph, you're welcome for using the avatar I created...

bitch!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom