Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex is looking for news posters

Is Infinitron doing a good job as a newsposter?

• Yes

• No

• kingcomrade

Results are only viewable after voting.

DramaticPopcorn

"Plz stop closely following the development of new oldschool RPGs that tens of thousands of people are looking forward to and cater to my special interests instead"
So, what you are implying is that people who have backed the respective kickstarters cannot into following them and so you have to boost the outreach, because...?

Andhaira

Arcane
If this is about the lack of mod news coverage, I can think of someone who takes a particular interest in commenting on them and has an excellent track record of unrelenting persistence and dedication. He is also immune to the jew's nefarious machinations.
Andhaira

I actually was offered the job of sole codex news poster wayyy back when; I declined due to time constraints (and it actually being unpaid work) so the job went to VentilatorOfDoom This was years before Infinitron joined btw.

Anyhow I doubt anyone else can compete with Infinitron's dedicated, quick and detailed news coverage so I am happy for him to stay in his thankless role. Though perhaps if looking for a successor we could have multiple people assigned covering different genres or different companies (so someone covers AAA+ devs, someone else Indie news, then within that someone does RPGs, someone action-rpgs, someone strategy-rpgs, someone else convers only general company news, etc)

A horse of course

I'll do it but I'm a loose cannon so I expect to have the freedom to report only on gud stuff that I like

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
He was a decent guy but all that power got into his head and these are the results:

All the reviewers should be chased off. That is God's work. If people were supposed to be lemmings blindly following what their betters tell them to like or dislike we wouldn't have free will. But we do, so we shouldn't. If you need more proof just look at the Democrat party in the US. Cults are supposed to be bad, not the standard. The fact that reviews hide all pertinent facts about a game to a bare minimum or out of the review and shroud them around paragraphs of useless, bad opinions should tip normal people off to how fucking useless they are to thinking adults who believe in science.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
ACHTUNG!!! ACHTUNG!!!
Not that long ago Drog has released a new version of Arcanum High Resolution Patch which he enriched with some very useful features. For starters configuring it is now easy as pie and very convenient, a game breaking bug has been fixed, bigger font was added and it's been equipped with tools for easy run on modern systems. Full changelog and a list of features is available here:

Ouch, grating stuff.

How about:

Resident Arcanum modder Drog Black Tooth has released a new version of the Arcanum High Resolution Patch which he has enriched with some very useful new features. For starters, configuring it is now much easier and very much more convenient all round and, on top of that, a game breaking bug has now been fixed, bigger fonts have been added and new tools have been added for easy running on modern systems. A full changelog and a list of features is available here:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Infinitron is doing a good job.

I see a reason to respond to this.

Infinitron is doing a great job as a news reporter (or "News Jew" as he was called a while back) and I'm willing to debate/fight people that think otherwise.

But I also know Infinitron to be one of the worst Moderators of the RPG Codex - ever. How he can fuck up whole threads because *reasons* is PHD material in and of itself.

So I think it's best to leave him to what he's best at, and exclude him from all other activities.

(No, I don't want any of those activities myself.)

Carry on.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
ACHTUNG!!! ACHTUNG!!!
Not that long ago Drog has released a new version of Arcanum High Resolution Patch which he enriched with some very useful features. For starters configuring it is now easy as pie and very convenient, a game breaking bug has been fixed, bigger font was added and it's been equipped with tools for easy run on modern systems. Full changelog and a list of features is available here: .

Ouch, grating stuff.

How about:

Resident Arcanum modder Drog Black Tooth has released a new version of the Arcanum High Resolution Patch which he has enriched with some very useful new features. For starters, configuring it is now much easier and very much more convenient all round and, on top of that, a game breaking bug has now been fixed, bigger fonts have been added and new tools have been added for easy running on modern systems. A full changelog and a list of features is available here:

Get this man a job

Last edited:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
The news section is doing shit because, 1) there is only a single news poster, and 2) of all people it had to be a hybrid of a jew shill and a low standard PoEfag.

Last edited:

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
ACHTUNG!!! ACHTUNG!!!
Not that long ago Drog has released a new version of Arcanum High Resolution Patch which he enriched with some very useful features. For starters configuring it is now easy as pie and very convenient, a game breaking bug has been fixed, bigger font was added and it's been equipped with tools for easy run on modern systems. Full changelog and a list of features is available here:

Ouch, grating stuff.

How about:

The gig isn't as easy as it looks. I guess this is why we have the pro.

Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
What's the benefit? Are you worried that Infinitron is working too much? Looks like he's enjoying himself.

Less clutter, I guess it is preference thing to some extent.
I too would enjoy less clutter. My RSS feed being full of kickstarter updates has conditioned me to click "mark as read" on every new entry, making it effectively worthless. Couldn't we just have a single post that gets updated? (or is that the megathread that was referred to?).

But oh well, it is a preference thing and the newsposting gig does seem to require a lot of work that I am unwilling to do so beggars != choosers.

But I also know Infinitron to be one of the worst Moderators of the RPG Codex - ever. How he can fuck up whole threads because *reasons* is PHD material in and of itself.

This thread is about Infinitron's newsposting. Discussion of his moderation is off-topic and should probably be split into a separate thread.

Anyhoo, TL;DR without the TL, the choice isn't between Infinitron and the perfect newsposter, it's between him and nothing. It's not like he's stopping anyone else from applying. He may not be perfect but he posts news that is relevant and does so regularly. Since he hasn't had a mental health crisis in recent memory he is probably over-qualified for the position anyway.

v1rus

Arcane
I read "Codex is looking for new posters".

Almost gave me a heart attack there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom