Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Codex Machete Squad: FOnline 2 Clan Thread

Can miniguns be broken by Jinxed (eventually)? (Bombed?)
Can the red line be bombed?
Can we drop containers in the way?

1. No
2. No
3. Possible, next time Tox and I do a run through there, we'll try placing something, but I imagine it'll state that "Furniture can't be placed here"

I will say this, infiltration can be done solo if your character has the appropriate skills (Toxic pretty much is able to enter the base on his own with a rocket launcher). It's a matter of taking out a single turret, after that, you pretty much have free run of most of the depot. Regarding the armory level Toxic pictured, the boxes north of his position had crafting materials (Kevlar). The room southeast of where he's positioned (not pictured) contains the Sierra Assembly device, where the Tier 4 weapons and armor will be able to be assembled. This we have access to TODAY; its just a matter of having those rare components (and assuming they don't alter the Sierra Army Depot as already configured). I am also going to assume, while possessing no evidence to back this belief, that the area beyond the red line where Toxic is standing will eventually contain at least some of those rare components; there's no purpose otherwise -- why fight X amount of sentry robots to just get some Kevlar? So I imagine it'll contain premium materials once the higher tier weapons are unlocked.

The room south of where Toxic is standing is the armory; the doors are locked and can't be picked. Through one of the recent updates, they added a holotape to the Sierra Caves (level 2), a very rare item that, as stated, would grant access to the Armory of the Sierra Army Depot. I have seen one, and only one, on sale in Junktown for 200k caps. It looks like a holotape placed face down (so you're looking at it laying on its side). There's a computer terminal inside the Armory that I assume that tape would be placed in and unlock the doors. What's inside them is another question. As many of the tier 4 weapons haven't been unlocked, I'm going to guess that there aren't gatling lasers down there, but Turbo Plasma Rifles wouldn't be out of the question, maybe even power armor. Is that worth 200k to find out? Difficult to say. Not a decision to be made by me, but thanks to Redeye, we do have the money for it. I also don't think it would trigger the sentry robots, because why would it, we wouldn't be triggering an alarm and wouldn't be crossing a Obama red line.

Getting back to the boxes in the north of the armory, its a question of whether its worth doing now. But lets assume we will do it, or have to so we can get access to the armory (perhaps destroying all the sentry robots opens the doors too, who knows). Toxic was suggesting mines when we were mulling over how to confront them, but now I'm thinking C4 would be even better. First, they're priced similar to mines (2-3k), and second, they deal more damage. I've seen a suicide bomber kill a NCR guard by exploding right next to him, and that person was armored and had at least over 300hp. So we can do a test run and place 2 or 3 around a sentry and see if it takes it out; would it trigger them just to place it one is another question that'll be answered. But we'll test and see if its feasible.

Lastly, we need Machete to show up so we can start doing these things with force behind it. Screw the deathclaw and raider dailies, we're hitting Mariposa, Sierra Caves, Sierra Army depot, and if we can get some guys together, we could probably do the Glow. The rare loot has only been trickling in the past week, because doing the Sierra Caves solo has gotten a lot more dangerous. There was a time I could do it solo, but now your running into guys every other map down there. It's gotten to the point where we can't even farm outside of SF because we're attacked almost every single time, and if you decide to make a fight of it, they call in backup. I know its the holidays now, but after that passes, we need Machete to show its colors.

Last edited:

Norfleet

How many bombs does it take in someone's inventory to kill them? How does Stealth work?

So I have some very good news to report, I think I managed to get the holotape to the armory last night. Hard to be 100% certain as it isn't necessarily described as such, but being that I got it in the Sierra Caves Level 2, and what the hell else could it be, it's likely what we have been looking for.

It seems that it can be "used" (it may not be able to, just shows it as an option), though I'll let papa Yuri play around with it lest using it does something. Also in the footlocker that contained the holotape? 3 EMP Grenades. It's like a message from God to enter the armory and smite those inside.

11si7sw.png

Redeye

Arcane
I managed to level up a bit my char and familiarize myself with the game. Soloing dungeons is damn hard barring the lowlevel places like necropolis and raider quest etc. I would love to join you guys.

Charname is Wolfshit and build is sg sniper (well, without a sniper that is), 'cause old habits die hard. Probably going to play today for some time, so when can i catch you up?

Most of us have not shown up yet for the session.
I have seen you in Hub.

Also:

2yK29LN.png

Well, possibly disappointing news. Apparently General Clifton's holotapes look like this:

http://forum.fonline2.com/index.php?topic=9112.0

Which raises the question what the hell the disk I found is used for.

I thought I gave you one or something like that?

Doubtful, as it actually seems to be titled "General Clifton's holotapes", and the red stripe would have differentiated it from the normal holotapes out there.

I have looked through the wiki, but its outdated. Their forums don't have any mention of a "Strange Holodisk" either. Now I'm thinking its BoS or Enclave related, as it's described as looking new, so those would likely be the only two groups capable of making new disks.

Last edited:

Redeye

Arcane
Maybe the Hub Librarian can identify the tapes, or someone in the Followers.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Remember to make screenshots of you getting rap... you win against those miniguns!

Redeye

Arcane
So who has the rights to add?

Ironyuri and Kalin.

Very busy offline recently.

Edit:
Added "Haraw" to the base I made before I learned that Codex was playing.
A place for now.

Last edited:
Hey Kalin or ironyuri

I need one of you guys to add me to faction and to bunker and sierra fob (took care of gas station myself). Rebooted my character as two wasted perks (and a 3rd less useful one) were really putting a damper on my build. This adjustment changes two major problems I had, dealing suitable damage and not being hit by as many criticals.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
wFGZWvX.png

Been busy stuffing my face with delicious non-halal food. Gotta eat all that ham before the Imams of Al Scandiya ban it for good!

Added Chinese JP to the bunker, but I can't add ya to the Sierra base, turns out I don't have access/authoriteh either.

Also added Wolfshit to bunker, welcome aboard and all that!

Redeye

Arcane
Need adds to various bases:

Old49er
Swinglinered
Sidewinder
Muleskinner
Arkansaw Man
PickyPicky
DoorTester
Saddlebag

Some have some bases, most have none.

ironyuri

Need adds to various bases:

Old49er
Swinglinered
Sidewinder
Muleskinner
Arkansaw Man
PickyPicky
DoorTester
Saddlebag

Some have some bases, most have none.

Old49er through Muleskinner were added to all currently active bases,
never got the rest of those names.

Chinese Jetpilot Your reroll is the same name? Chinese JP? If so I'll sort that out today.

If anyone needs to be added to faction, you have to be online.

Redeye

Arcane
True to one alt?

A backup alt would have been a nice way to retire an experiment.

kryminator

Augur
I looted minefield car after update. We had 3 psychos and LSW and then I looted next minefield car and we had 6 psychos and HK Caws also for a moment, but then they did ninja update while I was leaving minefield and after update we lost that 3 psychos and Caws I was taking with me while leaving minefield. And then they did server rollback and we lost that LSW and psychos from first minefield car I looted. I was so happy for a moment. :(

Damn. Well, according to the changelog they updated the spawn rate for implants and tier 4 gear in the sierra caves, so I guess we can expect even more traffic down there.

Devs have revealed how they'll be handling the release of higher tier equipment:

FOnline always had problem of carpets of items in tents/bases which was leading to make PvP and overall whole gaming further from this point very blank/wihout the weight behind it. Its illiness for which no1 found a cure yet... We hope with system we are introducing now all those problems will be gone.

Global Endgame Item Pool:

I will explain all on an example of Combat Armor mark1.

We have created global ammount limit of CA - fixed number X.

So in other words at some point there will be for example X number of CA in world.

At the moment of unlocking CA technology - CA and recipe for CA (which is item needed instead of blueprints and is one time use only to craft 1 single CA so its like resource to craft single item not a blueprint stuff which u learning by crafter) is starting to showing up in game world. Spawning in dungeons, events, shopkeepers.

There is assigned specific pace of spawning of those items. So for example Y number of CA and CA recipes will spawn per day for specific location - randomly.

So we exactly know after summing up all sources - how much daily overall in the world CA will spawn.

We are taking into account ofcourse factor like - players wont gona loot every spawned ca / recipe for ca. Not always player will check the trader, container etc - or even if he looted still he can got killed 4 example in sierra caves so this item wont gona be effectively added into game world.
So taking in mid this factor we assigned specific pace of spawning of CA and CA recipe.

So by this + by monitoring ingame ammount of such item we can predict when game world will reach maximum global limit of numbers of CA.
Now there is second thing - after reaching this max number ofcourse we arent shutting down coplmetely spawning of ca/recipe.
Why ?

There are ofcourse some factors which leading to dissapearing CA's from gameworld, such as using CA in combat - detoration, some players will just hamster those CA in their tents as some holy item and it wont gone never show up on "surface", some players can drop playing and leave this stuff in their tent/base so effectively its just gona from game. So taking those factors into account after global max limit number will be reached - then pace of spawning new CA/recipes will be decreased accordinately to counter factors mentioned above to sustain the balance around max global item number.

This pattern apply to other items:

Camk2, Hubologist Robe, Plasma Rifle, Plasma Nades (bath of 10 nades per recipe), Avenger, Sniper Rifle, XL rifle, P90, LSW, Laser Rifle MK2.

Ofcoure we taking also in mind that some of items mentioned above are just essential to play specific builds like Plasma Rifle, Sniper Rifle, Hubologist Robe - so those will be obtainable easier.

Overall effect will be that all those items will always have value, wont gona turn into worthles bunch of pixels not worth even to loot from ground also always will be item worth to look for in duns, events, shopkeepers.

By this gamplayablity will remain longer. This is second and final step to cure FOnline illiness. First was Global Tech Progression System now we adding Global Endgame Item Pool. For sure we need feedback about pace etc. etc. we gona monitor the situation and try to make needed adjustments. Expect this system and further global tech pgrogression today/tomorrow.

and...

I see many players are afraid of Global Endgame Item Pool changes and comparing this solution to T4 crafting. I would like to summarize differences between Global Endgame Item Pool and T4 crafting:
  • T4 crafting schema apply to all T4 items and Global Endgame Item Pool apply only to some T3 items (Camk2, Hubologist Robe, Plasma Rifle, Plasma Nades, Avenger, Sniper Rifle, XL rifle, P90, LSW, Laser Rifle MK2).
  • You need rare T4 parts to craft T4 items and you need recipe and standard materials (junk, metal parts, steel …) to craft Global Endgame Item Pool items.
  • T4 parts are spawned in top dungeons and recipes will be spawned everywhere (all dungeons, encounter containers, shops…).
  • You need special workbench to craft T4 items Global Endgame Item Pool items will be crafted by regular workbench.
  • T4 parts are ultra rare and recipes will not be.

Last edited:

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Sounds good, I'll probably join for the next reset when they have figured how to make the system work properly. Even big alliances shouldn't have unlimited supplies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom