Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Codex now more mainstream than RPGWatch?

made

Arcane
So I'm checking out https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/287489203/exoplanet-first-contact - some Russian trash a fascinating upcoming indie RPG and wondering why erstwhile underground RPG site RPGCodex doesn't cover it. Then I check the Watch and, sure enough, they had a newsbit about it yesterday.

Meanwhile Codex News look like this:
Pillars of Eternity
Divinity
Wasteland
Pillars of Eternity
Wasteland
Pillars of Eternity review #34
Divinity
Wasteland
Pillars of Eternity and Wasteland
Divinity

Is Codex now the IGN of RPG sites?

Angthoron

Arcane
Or you could, you know, drop the news about this to Contact Us and chances are, one of the news posters might get off their ass and post about it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
RPGWatch has always posted way more news than us.

BTW I posted about that game in the Kickstarter Watch thread last week, not many people seemed to care

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
BTW I posted about that game in the Kickstarter Watch thread last week, not many people seemed to care
Not that many people read Kickstarter Watch thread, though. Many more read the news section. Maybe post the info there and then see if people care.

Besides, what is the point of news, if you are only reporting stuff people already know from various forum threads?

You know, except brofist harvesting. ;)

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
The better question is why do you care? The Codex, in my opinion, emphasized discussion over news and other such stuff. You usually have a thread about everything in the relevant categories (RPG, JRPG, General Gaming etc.).

And guess what, if there isn't one and you want to discuss that title then make one.

Aenra

A post somewhere inside a megathread..and people failed to notice? No way.
Hereby suggesting the superthread solution. Who needs moar when an all-in-one could solve all our problems.

Back to topic, the truth is that the way the main page is set up right now? Am actually thankful mother Infinitron -does- post in the KS thread. Takes a good, noticeable number of seconds for the main page to load by now. All those lovely, useful, RPG-centric additions we just had to have..
Have actually changed my bookmark to /forums, as honestly? Whomsoever thought i gave a fuck about felipepepepepe Burito's tweets or crojipjip's last profile post? ..no comment.. :)

murloc_gypsy

Cipher
Hereby suggesting the superthread solution. Who needs moar when an all-in-one could solve all our problems.

the codex should be one giant single thread. no search function, no nothing. it's up to you to read every single post, or gtfo :rpgcodex:

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Another wannabe Fallout by Russian devs? I think I'll pass No, it actually looks quite cool. I am not paying them in dollars though.

Kz3r0

Arcane
You'd just merge it with an arbitrary megathread of your choice - like abovementioned Kickstarter Watch thread.
No threads have ever been merged there.
Ludicrous, people ignore a thread dedicated to Kickstarter news then complain the they don't get Kickstarter news.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
scdocvT.png

buzz

Arcane
I ignore the thread on Kickstarter news because it has an absolutely stupid first post with randomly cherry-picked titles and shit.

Mortmal

Arcane
Made post is usefull, i completely missed that game too, i dont think everyone watch that kickstarter megathread everyday. Visibility is zero , its indeed a better idea to write a newspost about it than on wastelands or pillar or even divinity enhanced edition as much i like that game theres nothing really worth mentioning . Divinity 2 on the other hand is worth plenty of news.

made

Arcane
Made post is usefull, i completely missed that game too, i dont think everyone watch that kickstarter megathread everyday. Visibility is zero , its indeed a better idea to write a newspost about it than on wastelands or pillar or even divinity enhanced edition as much i like that game theres nothing really worth mentioning . Divinity 2 on the other hand is worth plenty of news.
Thank you for the encouraging words, friend. I will continue to fight with renewed vigor to make the Codex a better place for us all.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I just can't stand people who put soundcloud clips in their sigs.
It was bad enough to have that shit load everytime made posts but you had to come up and give reason for more people to use it

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom