Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Codex now more mainstream than RPGWatch?

made

Arcane
Does it autoplay every time you read a post of mine? That would be all kinds of awesome. :D I wouldn't know, have sigs disabled ofc.

mondblut

Arcane
So I'm checking out https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/287489203/exoplanet-first-contact - some Russian trash a fascinating upcoming indie RPG and wondering why erstwhile underground RPG site RPGCodex doesn't cover it. Then I check the Watch and, sure enough, they had a newsbit about it yesterday.

Meanwhile Codex News look like this:
Pillars of Eternity
Divinity
Wasteland
Pillars of Eternity
Wasteland
Pillars of Eternity review #34
Divinity
Wasteland
Pillars of Eternity and Wasteland
Divinity

Is Codex now the IGN of RPG sites?

Codex occasionally has quality standarts and doesn't bother with Generic ARPG #7858279285 citing references to crap like dragon age and borderlands. RPGWatch, OTOH, would happily chronicle the daily progress of a rock in a wood, were it to have "also rpg" spray-painted over it.

Mortmal

Arcane
You say this RPGWatch covers RPGs? How many reviews of Pillars of Eternity do they have?
Not many , Codex do the same same thing to rpgwatch than america do to third world countries, plundering best intellects to work for them . Thats what happen and why primecunta did the last POE review.. Oh well forget it my theory doesnt hold.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
The Codex should only do news posts for turn-based Kickstarters, not moar action garbage arpeegee #34566644334565435

+M

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
And Gamescom reports on PoE: White March, D:OS:EE, and WL2 DC.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So, I take it you couldn't get an appointment.

I was not there, only Myrthos. The Watchers decided on which devs Myrthos should visiting:
Most Watchers were only interested in:
  1. The Surge
  2. DOS EE
  3. The Technomancer
  4. Spellforce 3
  5. Hard West
  6. Expeditions: Viking
  7. Elex
  8. Warhammer 40K: Inquisitor Martyr
  9. Victor Vran Motorhead
  10. The Mandate
  11. The Dwarves
  12. Kingdom Come Deliverance
So Myrthos reports only about these games.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The Surge is the new RPG from Deck 13, who's previous games were Venetica and Lords of the Fallen.

The Surge is a single player action-RPG for hard-core players and it has a strong melee real-time combat system, which they designed based on what they've learned from their previous games.

The combat system has changed from Lords of the Fallen in that it is more tactical, They now introduced a hit-zone system, in which you can hit various zones on the body of your opponents and sever for example the leg or arm of your opponent from their body.
When you have won the fight, you can take the parts you cut off during combat and remove the technology attached to them to modify your own exoskeleton offering new and improved features, like more strength or being able to jump higher.

I can see why the Watch put that one at the top of their list.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom