Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex of Victory (Early Access open)

Alexey

Ino-Co
Developer
Alexey, might I remind you that a female hacker in nekkid glory is a legendary unit, a neverbeforeseen creature? Please give us one

No worries, mate!

Admin.png

Alexey

Ino-Co
Developer
We just pushed a new update to the game, that adds the Army Builder.
Now you can setup your army for 100 poins, upgrade units, give them modules and try to defeat your friend on the battlefield.

Screenshot_armybuilder.jpg
Screenshot_unitupgrade.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_armybuilder.jpg
    Screenshot_armybuilder.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 194
Whats the point of critical hit mechanic - are they do anything except just more dmg? Can as well just directly increase dmg and don't bother with RNG.

Alexey

Ino-Co
Developer
Don't mind buying on Steam if it's unavailable on GOG, but GOG in dev release maybe? JudasIscariot

It may be available on GOG after the release. I do not know if GOG has an Early Access. I will check it out and if yes - will put the game there as well. Will keep you posted.

Whats the point of critical hit mechanic - are they do anything except just more dmg? Can as well just directly increase dmg and don't bother with RNG.
The point is to give the luck a chance. It was too deterministic without it, especially in pvp. One crit can change a lot in pvp.
Also you can control the chance of a critical hit with some upgrades and modules, which reflects better targeting.
Believe me, critical hits add fun to the gameplay.
Last time I was playing pvp and my opponent won the otherwise lost battle by destroying my base with the critical hit from the jeep with 1hp, that I foolishly decided to ignore (because it had not enough damage to destroy my base and I was winning the next turn). It was hilarious!

Last edited:

anus_pounder

Arcane
Ok, the plot is pretty much the least important aspect of these kind of games but I just have to ask - this isn't going to be another 'brave rebels fighting against the evul government' bullshit, will it? At some point you get fed up with playing the underdog and just want to crush everything in your path as the supposedly repressive government/kingdom/etc.

Alexey

Ino-Co
Developer
Ok, the plot is pretty much the least important aspect of these kind of games but I just have to ask - this isn't going to be another 'brave rebels fighting against the evul government' bullshit, will it? At some point you get fed up with playing the underdog and just want to crush everything in your path as the supposedly repressive government/kingdom/etc.

No, actually here you are the government crushing rebels. at least in the first Act. Then there is a global war against a common enemy.

anus_pounder

Arcane

No, actually here you are the government crushing rebels. at least in the first Act. Then there is a global war against a common enemy.

Jesus F Christ. THANK YOU. About fucking time. :salute:

Also, noticed that the early access price came down from like 29.99 to 6.99, bought it obviously.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Last edited by a moderator:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
from makers of the Warlock, Elven Legacy and Fantasy Wars.

Also, if you guys really did make Fantasy Wars, I'd like to just throw out a request for a sequel to that game out there. I want more Orc campaign. Elven Legacy's campaign was only, well, elves. :3

Yes, we really did. The only problem with the Fantasy Wars sequel is that the IP currently belongs to the Russian publisher 1C Company. I will try to ask them for the terms we can use it on, but not sure of the result.

Damn...just saw this. Really liked Fantasy Wars and Elven Legacy. Scratched that Fantasy General itch.Liked how the maps encouraged a choice between loot/experience and speed of completion like the General series of games of old. Didn't know you guys made Warlock.I still liked those enough for a few goes and with some house rules.All 4X games end up being exploitable sooner or later anyway so that's no real fault. Maybe if you made it more open to modding...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom