Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Public Library

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Letting the forum bookmark your threads for you is easier than doing it yourself, why wouldn't you be logged in?

It's easier to just click on the last page and look for new posts when browsing on mobile.
Unless it's a high-activity megathread. :M

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected
I was mostly here for the science thread. Black holes have been disproven.

:0/5:

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
CODEX FEEDBACK FORM said:
[ CODEX FEEDBACK FORM
v1.0 Feb 2018 ]

Q1. Are you surprised?

Nope.

Q2. Please draw or insert a picture that describes how you feel about this change.

Emma-Watson-Awkward-Face-MRW-Gif.gif

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Q1 - a)Yes
Q2
sad-lana.gif

As a 4-5 years lurker, i must say that i am quite saddened by this turn of events. People on codex have a good taste in things(usually), and these threads about music and reading introduced me to a lot of good stuff.
Oh well, at least i am still allowed to lurk in rpg discussion forum.

If you donate money to the Codex, or can prove you've donated in the past, we can give you access. Talk to DarkUnderlord about that.

Ditto for everybody else.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Q1 - a)Yes
Q2
sad-lana.gif

As a 4-5 years lurker, i must say that i am quite saddened by this turn of events. People on codex have a good taste in things(usually), and these threads about music and reading introduced me to a lot of good stuff.
Oh well, at least i am still allowed to lurk in rpg discussion forum.

If you donate money to the Codex, or can prove you've donated in the past, we can give you access. Talk to DarkUnderlord about that.

I am russian, of course i never donated.
But i will actually think about doing it now, thank you for informing me of this.

Last edited:

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
So, since half the codex is now pay to play can we assume there will soon be loot boxes? Maybe they could give us gems we can turn into pokeman trading cards? That would be, like, totally awesome, dude!

I donate my golden nuggets of wisdom, and I got my ability to start threads taken away for it. Pound sign me too

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So, since half the codex is now pay to play can we assume there will soon be loot boxes? Maybe they could give us gems we can turn into pokeman trading cards? That would be, like, totally awesome, dude!

I donate my golden nuggets of wisdom, and I got my ability to start threads taken away for it. Pound sign me too

Hopefully your account can survive for another two weeks.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
goddamn 2017 pariahs
My parents only started letting me use the internet unsupervised in 2017.

Hopefully your account can survive for another two weeks.

That depends on if you allow or support the continuance of the use of scripts that redirect me off this site and other fucked up shit you guys do to me just for being a fan and supporter of rpgs.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Also, since I cannot get to the book section I found a pretty good new sci-fi series called "Galaxy's Edge." There are six books so far, and they are all good and entertaining reads. My oldest prefers real books so I use her tablet thing to read them when she is not using it, and I'm not sure if they are printed like real books, but they are on Amazon book app thing for cheap. It also says they are free if you are part of some membership that isn't prime. I forget the authors' names but there are two. You can see a strong Star Wars influence, and it is definitely more space opera than hard sci-fi. And the authors change things up from book to book too. Book one is a large ground force narrative, and later books have much different narratives, and its all tied together pretty well.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

O most puissant robot overlord, blessed by adonai with the wisdom of Solomon, this lowly worm beseeches thee for thy guidance.

Would it be permissible to start a new pleb-friendly books thread on our side of your beautiful new wall? Surely, this would not violate the spirit of the wall, as the worst of my newfag brethren who polluted GD were not drawn there by a love of literature. Verily, even the most obnoxious of us behaved themselves on the sacred subject of books. Lo, behold this miracle of miracles: even Roqua puts aside his persona and speaks with respect about books.

Also, since I cannot get to the book section I found a pretty good new sci-fi series called "Galaxy's Edge." There are six books so far, and they are all good and entertaining reads. My oldest prefers real books so I use her tablet thing to read them when she is not using it, and I'm not sure if they are printed like real books, but they are on Amazon book app thing for cheap. It also says they are free if you are part of some membership that isn't prime. I forget the authors' names but there are two. You can see a strong Star Wars influence, and it is definitely more space opera than hard sci-fi. And the authors change things up from book to book too. Book one is a large ground force narrative, and later books have much different narratives, and its all tied together pretty well.

If it pleases your mightiness to rule in my favor--nay, in literacy's favor--in which un-walled sub-forum might it be appropriate to file such a thread?

Praise be Infinitron, praise be DarkUnderlord. Amen.

Amen indeed. Surely we can talk about some things without dragging politics in it, can't we? Yes, library was contaminated, but some of it was salvageable.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Well, i donated and contributed to the ongoing decline.
Now, how do i summon the DarkUnderlord? And what i am going to do with all those potatos?

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Nevermind, I can do it myself.
Thanks
I breached the wall(and paid for it), so now i can enact my terrible plan against the fair people of codexia!
:terrorist:
Which is being a silent lurker again
There is still a question of potatos though.

Trashos

Arcane

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
I'm not in the business of ratting out my fellow moderators. But it's not hard to figure out, there's really only one other moderator who does that sort of thing.

There is still a question of potatos though.

I believe that's automatic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom