Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Codex Scoop: Temple of Elemental Evil world editor discovered hidden in game's official Polish patch

Niektory

one of some
Patron
How did you managed to run it ? I tried with GOG eng version coppied it and doesn't start.
You need to extract the .DAT files first. You can find the tools at Sorcerer's Place.

The existence of an accidental leak of this tool was known to us for some time, but unfortunately, we were unable to release it publicly before. We had an opportunity to obtain a copy of WorldEd before from a limited collector's edition Polish release of the game that shipped on two CDs.
That's not true. It's the initial release, standard issue, not limited in any shape or form (well, at that time) in a cardbord box. It comes on 2 CDs and contains a bonus CD with mods, conept art and shit like that. Oh, the box also contained a Greyhawk novel and a printed map. Typical CD Projekt 100% monocled release. I know, cause i own it :oops:

6844546.jpg
That's the one I own as well (though I bought it used and it was missing the novel). As far as I can tell it does not contain the editor before applying the patch.

himmy

Arcane
where were you when toee editer release

i was sat at home browsing codex when pjotr temple of elemental kurwa ring

"toee editer is found"

"no"

Perkel

Arcane
The codex is so full of shit. Do you think having a buggy editor to place enemies on existing maps would make ToEE highly moddable? Does it even have a forbidden path-finding layer

LOL. Everyone serious that wanted to mod ToEE was either already on the Co8 hacking python scripts or had reversed file formated / created assembly exe hacks long ago and was already away playing dragon age / working at IBM or something.

Think a bit before you burn people in effigy.

I agree but also hiding such stuff that there was officially released editor for game (they got it from polish version) was a dick move.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What, did you expect them to distribute the leaked sdk, that they probably didn't use - for at least a long long while - and if they did, they certainly don't want to bring attention to using because it's a obvious excuse for ActiveZion Atari-face-skin-wearing-Hasbro to shut them down?

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Activision has nothing to do with TTOEE. They do allow the distribution of Arcanum's editor, though!

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yeah, i was confusing the publisher with the bloodlines publisher. Which did shut down a remake mod, natch

Hasbro doesn't have a good reputation either (mainly from bronytards)

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
That's the one I own as well (though I bought it used and it was missing the novel). As far as I can tell it does not contain the editor before applying the patch.
Hmm, turns out there was a limited collector's edition after all, limited to 666 copies.

http://archiwumallegro.pl/swiatynia_pierwotnego_zla_edycja_bialy_kruk-878972886.html

I've never heard of this before :O

696804265.jpg

Wow.
I have one of those :smug:

The manual doesn't have the feats in alphabetical order, since they just translated it straight from English without changing anything.:|

I don't understand the "we knew about it for a long time but we didn't say anything because we were kinda worried" post. I guess, if this is really a working tool, and I had spent years creating utilities to do a similar job, maybe personally I'd invent such a story just to keep my sanity. But I think what's most probable is that they really had this tool and hadn't pointed other people to it because hey, fuck other people.

Last edited:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
What, did you expect them to distribute the leaked sdk, that they probably didn't use - for at least a long long while - and if they did, they certainly don't want to bring attention to using because it's a obvious excuse for ActiveZion Atari-face-skin-wearing-Hasbro to shut them down?
"Hey guys, the official Polish patch / collector's edition comes with an editor."

That's all they needed to say.

Weasel
We really need a Codex smiley for "it's a Bubbles comment", the standard troll lacks the necessary subtlety.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Speaking of Bubbles, he seems to have a keen interest in investigating this... therefore I challenge him to piece together the puzzle. Bubbles, you have one day to solve this quest and win 1,000 brofists. It is solvable using Search, Gather Information and Sense Motive checks, bonus points for using Disguise or Bluff. I appoint Roguey as the referee.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
It awesome how potatoes failed us for 10 years and then when one kurwa bro broke the news - codex potatos failed us once again by spamming for 3 pages in the original thread without comprehending what the guy actually was telling...

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Speaking of Bubbles, he seems to have a keen interest in investigating this... therefore I challenge him to piece together the puzzle. You have one day to solve this quest and win 1,000 brofists. It is solvable using Search, Gather Information and Sense Motive checks, bonus points for using Disguise or Bluff. I appoint Roguey as the referee.
You don't even have the brofists to pay him, watch out Bubbles, this is a fraud.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Speaking of Bubbles, he seems to have a keen interest in investigating this... therefore I challenge him to piece together the puzzle. You have one day to solve this quest and win 1,000 brofists. It is solvable using Search, Gather Information and Sense Motive checks, bonus points for using Disguise or Bluff. I appoint Roguey as the referee.
You don't even have the brofists to pay him, watch out Bubbles, this is a fraud.

It is very noble of you to volunteer your own brofists VoD, I salute you :salute:

Black

Arcane
It awesome how potatoes failed us for 10 years and then when one kurwa bro broke the news - codex potatos failed us once again by spamming for 3 pages in the original thread without comprehending what the guy actually was telling...
Brah, there's a reason potatoes don't play their games in their own language. Mods, for one.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Brah, there's a reason potatoes don't play their games in their own language. Mods, for one.
That's fine, but it amuses me moar, that noone understood the Kurwa guy in the original thread. What, there's a reason potatoes cannot read potato?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That's fine, but it amuses me moar, that noone understood the Kurwa guy in the original thread. What, there's a reason potatoes cannot read potato?

They may have been unaware that the TTOEE editor was actually a remarkable find.

bonescraper

He's not Polish and the shit he posted is completely unintelligible.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
He's not Polish and the shit he posted is completely unintelligible.
Excuses, i am not polish but Edytor Świat pretty much reads "World Editor" with clear instructions on how to spawn it!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom