Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Codex UT Slaughterfest (CUTS) 2 Signup Thread

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The first round of CUTS was so fun, why not have another?

DU has kindly allowed us to play for rewards as per the CUTS 1:

Multiple people have made various requests recently for privileges to be returned or removed. If you are one such person, and want whatever it is you want, sign up here.

I am looking to form 2 teams of 4 players each who will fight against each other in a CTF match for victory and glory. Those in the winning team will have their requests acquiesced to. Those in the losing team will have to wait for another match.

Participants who wish the following will be accepted:
- Getting an account banned.
- Having an account unbanned (WILL YOU FIGHT FOR FREEDOM?)
- Being unprosperised.
- Having tags removed (CyberP is ineligible for this challenge).
- Having privileges restored (brofists, GD access).

ARE YOU GAME?

Bets will be organised later in a separate thread.

Same time next Saturday - 3:00 PM GMT. Who's in and what are you fighting for?

---
Teams and Times
---
Red Team
-
Tadek Boruta - CEST - 5pm Saturday, the 27th
Trodat - EEDT - 6pm Saturday, the 27th
HentaiWriter - PST - 8am Saturday, the 27th
J_C - CEST - 5pm Saturday, the 27th
Sensuki - AEST - 1am Sunday, the 28th

-
Blue Team
-
Darth Roxor - CEST - 5pm Saturday, the 27th
Transfiguring Roar - AWST - 11pm Saturday, the 27th
Sulaco - CST - 10am Saturday the 27th
Tigranes - EST - 11am Saturday, the 27th
Ninja Destroyer - CEST - 5pm Saturday, the 27th

---
Playing for:
---
Tadek Boruta - free Andhaira
Trodat - remove Makabb's dumbfuck tag
HentaiWriter - Developer tag
J_C - regain avatar changing privilege
Sensuki - remove Chaotic Heretic's Shitposter tag

Darth Roxor - free Excidium
Transfiguring Roar - remove Undisputed Queen of Faggotry tag for Crispy
Sulaco - restore ERYKRAD's bro-fisting privilege
Tigranes - if allowed reinstate Darth Roxor's PoE review as the official Codex PoE review/custam tag for treave
Ninja Destroyer - free Broseph

---
Maps:
---
1st round - CTF-Hydro16
2nd round - CTF-November
3rd round - CTF-Face (in case of decider)
---

1v1 Deathmatch:
DarkUnderlord vs Bradylama (de-prosperise himself)

Time TBD

Last edited:

Tadek Boruta

Novice
Server will be located where ? Same as CUTS 1 ? Kinda fear for high pings but what the hell. Sign me in for - Getting an account banned :P
What are the maps being played ? How the teams are being created ? So many questions...

I'm from potatoland. So it should be ok i guess. Thanks for clarification Sensuki.

Last edited:

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
The server uses a Mutator (Mod) called newnet which adds prediction and makes it possible to frag with a high ping. I had ~230 ping most of the match and that was fine, I think Darth Roxor and Transfiguring Roar had higher ping than me and they also did fine.

Although yeah if your ping is as high as Andhaira's was (400) then that might be unfeasible.

It's basically the only way to have cross-continent FPS matches.

If you're in Africa or India/somewhereistan, then you're pretty fucked. But I assume most people will either be in Europe, America or Asia/Australia of which you should get <300 ping and be okay.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Depending on time and date, I can probably stream/record. Since DraQ has been kind enough to tell me how to record replays now.

Next Saturday is open for me.

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Server will be located where ? Same as CUTS 1 ? Kinda fear for high pings but what the hell. Sign me in for - Getting an account banned :P
What are the maps being played ? How the teams are being created ? So many questions...

I'm from potatoland. So it should be ok i guess. Thanks for clarification Sensuki.

Server is located in Seattle. Same as CUTS 1. We still have the server for just over 3 weeks.

Who's account are you attempting to ban?

I will decide ahead of time what the maps will be, depending on how many people sign up. I will be better prepared to transition the matches this time (learning the console commands), and it will be best of three.

In regards to teams, it depends on who is in. If some of the same people sign up again, I will be able to gauge roughly how to balance the teams. Sensuki and shiteatingnippledick, for example, will not be on the same team.

Depending on time and date, I can probably stream/record. Since DraQ has been kind enough to tell me how to record replays now.

Next Saturday is open for me.

The time is definitely locked in at 3:00pm GMT, next Saturday. Same as yesterday. Will be shooting for a CUTS 3 the week after

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
no votes for a q2 match instead? i don't have ut. or maybe thats free source these days? either way, q2?
UT has been available for a pittance during the steam sales. And Q2 doesn't have something equivalent to newnet so lag would be terribad

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I think there's also a newnet for UT2004 as well. So that's always an option too, but we currently have a UT99 server, so we should probably make use of it.

Tadek Boruta

Novice
"Multiple people have made various requests recently for privileges to be returned or removed. If you are one such person, and want whatever it is you want, sign up here."

I assumed you have to pick one. And it's obvious you can only have your own account banned. Didn't thought for a sec that you can ban someone else that would be unfair.

laclongquan

Arcane
Ulminati
I request that my case are solved so that I can throw the whole pile on this next round.
2000 My entire brofist pile on team of Dark Underlord. This is a win-win proposition here~
+/- 1980 fists for laclongquan. DU switched teams to make it 4v4. Not sure how to call it.

I note that if I had voted for the Dark Lord of Codexia I wouldnt have used the term "team of" and just straight on. This was for the *team* that DU was on at THAT moment.

So I request an increase of 1980 brofist to my account if you please~

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I already boosted bitrate to 3100bps. But there's only so much upstream bandwidth available. If it's still a problem, I can try to scale the image down or decrease image quality. And when everything is a blurry turd, I'll tell them it was SENDs idea.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Just record the demo file instead.

Re-play and record the demo in HD using fraps or whatever.

Upload.

Win.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom