Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Codex UT Slaughterfest (CUTS) 2 Signup Thread

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
Was kind of looking forward to face Sensuki, but if he can't participate then it should be more open at least.

My timezone is EEDT.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
You should've left that as a last-minute reveal to upset the betting people. :P

Tadek Boruta

Novice
CEST

Umm, guys, what are my odds against you if I always finish in the last quarter agains the bots on the server? I've been playing a few matches against them, and they are insane.

There's too many of them which results in utter chaos :P
If you want to test your skill. Launch practice mode with 1-3 bots instead.

Last edited:
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Codex UT Slaughterfest 2 - Moar CUTS

---
Teams (first drafts) and Times
---
Red Team
-
Sensuki - AEST - 1am Sunday, the 28th
J_C - CEST - 5pm Saturday, the 27th (Drop the ruse, Matt!)
Ninja Destroyer - CEST - 5pm Saturday, the 27th
Sulaco - CST - 10am Saturday the 27th
HentaiWriter - PST - 8am Saturday, the 27th

-
Blue Team
-
Darth Roxor - CEST - 5pm Saturday, the 27th
Transfiguring Roar - AWST - 11pm Saturday, the 27th
Tigranes - EST - 11am Saturday, the 27th
Trodat - EEDT - 6pm Saturday, the 27th
Tadek Boruta - CEST - 5pm Saturday, the 27th

---
Playing for:
---
Sensuki - free Excidium
J_C - regain avatar changing privilege
Ninja Destroyer - free Broseph/free Andhaira if Sensuki doesn't participate
Sulaco - restore ERYKRAD's bro-fisting privilege/possibly something else
HentaiWriter - Developer tag

Darth Roxor - free Andhaira!/free Excidium if Sensuki doesn't participate
Transfiguring Roar - remove Undisputed Queen of Faggotry tag for Crispy
Tigranes - if allowed reinstate Darth Roxor's PoE review as the official Codex PoE review/custam tag for treave
Trodat - remove Makabb's dumbfuck tag
Tadek Boruta - remove Chaotic Heretic's Shitposter tag

---

Don't forget to change your team color in Options > Player Setup in UT.

We are using version 451. If you don't have it, patch link is on the left side: http://www.utpg.org/

Please tell me if you don't have the server details and/or you haven't tested out the server yet. If you have any poblems with the server let us know.

And don't forget, we'll be having warm-up rounds before the CTF matches.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
if allowed reinstate Darth Roxor's PoE review as the official Codex PoE review

i dont even have any idea how something like this even popped up

Also, if Sensuki can't play, I'm afraid I'll have to take up the duties of freeing Excidium. Sorry, Andhaira, maybe next time, you know what they say - bros before djinn :(

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
What do you suggest to even the teams out?

I played a couple of DM games with Boruta yesterday. He was competent. Probably around Roxor's level of DM skill (Roxor appears to be better at CTF). J_C doesn't think he'll be very good. Ninja Destroyer, Sulaco and and HentaiWriter are unknown at this point.

Haven't seen Trodat play but he's jumped in and tested the game already and seems fairly confident, so I think you, Roxor, Boruta and Trodat would be a 3-0 winning team (especially if I'm not playing). Up to you how you sort that out though.

Maybe ask the unknowns how good they think they'll be and then decide ? :P

Was kind of looking forward to face Sensuki

Next time :)

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
I'm not that good really, only played few hours of UT before, but I got experience with other shooters. I'm not a big fan of CTF, could probably do better in DM.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I'm not that good really, only played few hours of UT before, but I got experience with other shooters. I'm not a big fan of CTF, could probably do better in DM.

Until this tournament, I hadn't played UT since probably 2000-2001 :)

But yeah I've played Counter-Strike from beta 6.0 to 1.5 in LAN comps, CoD1 local LAN comps and online. CoD2 competitive online and competitive LAN (prize money tournaments). CoD4 (best team in aus 2010, 1st or 2nd in every tournament over a 3 year period) and Black Ops (2nd in the first AU tournament), also have lots of experience with arena shooter and other FPS comps at LAN from UT99, UT2003, UT2004, Half-Life Deathmatch, Quake 3, Tribes 2, Jedi Knight 2, Battlefield 1942, Medal of Honor Allied Assault, Black Hawk Down, Ghost Recon ... ;)

Out of any gametype in any game, CTF is probably my worst, and DM is probably my best, followed by stuff like objective (plant bomb or something) and then HQ/domination style.

Last edited:

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
Yea I played against them earlier. I think they were tough, but it was just very difficult to play against them because most of the time I was running around without any proper weapons and like that. Later I tried against four masterful bots and I was fragging on the same level as them. It was first to 20 frags and I had like 16 couldn't win tho.

Sensuki

Arcane
That's not too bad though. I can beat Inhuman bots 90-95% of the time (only get beaten sometimes by Loque and Tamerlane, depending on gun spawns) and I can beat Godlike bots most of the time when there's no Tamerlane or Loque (they're really hard to beat because they just aimbot everything).

Bots get easier the more you play against them because you learn what they do. Higher level bots will automatically avoid your crosshair, so it's easier to pull flick shots off them, and they'll dodge your projectiles, so you'll learn to compensate for that by firing bait shots, or predicting where they're going instead.

Last edited:
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
should see me with a Kar98k :D

Now I'm really worried. :D

Yea I played against them earlier. I think they were tough, but it was just very difficult to play against them because most of the time I was running around without any proper weapons and like that. Later I tried against four masterful bots and I was fragging on the same level as them. It was first to 20 frags and I had like 16 couldn't win tho.

Yeah that's pretty decent!

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
I played W:ET for like 1-2 years and was above average on that, never played on a clan tho because I was like 12-13 years old back then and everyone else was like 16 or well over 20 lol.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom