Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Codex UT Slaughterfest (CUTS) 2 Signup Thread

Tigranes

Arcane
I'll try to face the bots tonight or tomorrow and let you know exactly how useless I am.

Tadek Boruta

Novice
Played 2 matches a sec ago. Deck and Codex, won two of them but barely (3-4 frag lead). I'm rusty :/ Haven't played this in like 11 years.

Edit: On what difficulty are those bots set ?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I can be a stand-in if needed, and if I'm online. Sensuki can reach me in that case.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Here's a setup guide kinda thing.

This video doubles down on some of the info below and has a few general tips / some nice information

Use a Custom Renderer

A custom renderer will look better and will probably have better input & rendering performance​

I recommend this one (DX10): http://www.kentie.net/article/d3d10drv/

But there's also an OpenGL and DX11 one as well (both available here): http://www.cwdohnal.com/utglr/

copy paste those into the UT\system\ folder (since they're in folders in the rar, you'll have to extract them from the folder to the system folder).

To select the renderer go to Preferences, Video and click the change button, tick the unsupported renderers box and select your renderer.​

If you're using OpenGL, make sure that ZRangeHack is set to false in the renderer settings.​

Make sure you're playing at your LCD's native resolution (for me that's 1920x1080)

Make sure you have VSync disabled

UT will likely ignore the setting in your video card drivers, you can turn it off in the DX10 renderer settings, if you're using that renderer (recommended)​

Set your FPS limit to something like 100, 120 or 125

You do this either in the config, or in the DX10 renderer settings. You want at least 100 because the server updates 100 times per second. Any more is just for general smoothness. My preference is 125, because my refresh rate is 120 and it gives less screen tearing than 120.
Set your Field of View (FOV) to somewhere between 100 and 120

90 isn't enough for widescreen and the gun model isn't fully shown. Anything between 100-120 is good. I prefer 120, although it means people are harder to hit because their models are smaller, but I can see more of the screen. At 100, people will be larger on the screen (and thus easier to hit) but you might miss people near you sometimes when looking around.

You set the FOV in the \system\User.ini, just Control+F in wordpad and set the FOV commands to your desired value.​

HentaiWriter

Future Fragments
Developer
Ok, that's a good suggestion.

Ninja Destroyer Sulaco HentaiWriter How experienced are you guys at UT? Maybe have a crack at the bots on the server and let me know how you perform over 2-3 matches.

I had 4 matches. Came second in the first 3, and won in the fourth.

I played UT pretty much religiously during high school, but I'm horrible against bots primarily because I rely a lot on reading enemy movements (i.e. human movement patterns), so I can try doing this, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna score pretty bad against the bots, haha.

I was wondering too, is 8am the start of the actual matches, or the start of warmups?

DraQ

Arcane
Is there any renderer with full support of the engine's features that tries to replicate the way unlit translucent surfaces worked in software U1?

Try firing U1 ASMD altfire in software and any of the accelerated modes to see what I mean.
In software it will be brilliant ball of lightning, in any of the accelerated modes it will look somewhat muted and dim.

HentaiWriter

Future Fragments
Developer
I was wondering too, is 8am the start of the actual matches, or the start of warmups?

Start of the matches. You're 17 hours behind sensuki. That's the best we can do to accommodate you.

Oh, no worries at all! I might not be there for the warm up stuff but I'll definitely be there for the games :D

As far as playing on the server to test out my skills;

1st game - 16/20 with 10 kill streak on that factory map
2nd game - 11/35 on second game on that tower mountain map, actually got more like 20 kills, but probably 9 "suicides" getting spawn camped and blown off the castle lol
3rd game - 29/33 on third game on the castle/quake looking map

as a note i'm a lot more familiar with CTF maps than I am DM, we're playing CTF for this right or am I dumb and read wrong?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Imma test recording a demo tonight so we won't have any issues with it saturday. Are you guys pumped? I am pumped.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Not until DU settles the betting from the previous round. You don't even know how many fists you have to bet :M

It's not even certain he'll allow betting for this round.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
You could always Sawyerize the betting - put % of brofist caps on and stuff like that

:troll:

This sucks, sounds like it's gonna be a sick few games, but I really do enjoy live Death Metal ...

Last edited:
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I've been trying against the bots and my frags ranges from 10 to 20.

That's not bad at all! And thanks for providing your timezone.

Oh, no worries at all! I might not be there for the warm up stuff but I'll definitely be there for the games :D

Good stuff, champ! :)

As far as playing on the server to test out my skills;

1st game - 16/20 with 10 kill streak on that factory map
2nd game - 11/35 on second game on that tower mountain map, actually got more like 20 kills, but probably 9 "suicides" getting spawn camped and blown off the castle lol
3rd game - 29/33 on third game on the castle/quake looking map

Another decent player!

as a note i'm a lot more familiar with CTF maps than I am DM, we're playing CTF for this right or am I dumb and read wrong?

Yes, the matches are CTF.

This sucks, sounds like it's gonna be a sick few games, but I really do enjoy live Death Metal ...

Bummer. Was looking forward to another lesson!

Played 2 matches a sec ago. Deck and Codex, won two of them but barely (3-4 frag lead). I'm rusty :/ Haven't played this in like 11 years.

Edit: On what difficulty are those bots set ?

Well that's outstanding! Not sure if it's 1 under Godlike or 2 under as the setting in the console is done by numbers - they're on difficulty 6. I think the difficulty rating is 0-7, but I'm not 100% certain.

I can be a stand-in if needed, and if I'm online. Sensuki can reach me in that case.

You're in, bro! Thanks for filling in. Let us know what your timezone is and I'll add it all to the 'match post'.

Sensuki

Arcane
It felt like Masterful difficulty to me when I played, yeah. I play on Inhuman when I muck around (and sometimes Godlike) and it was a lot easier than that.

The higher you go up, the better the bots get at avoiding your crosshair, dodging your projectiles and improved reactions & stuff. It's very different from playing against people.

---
Codex UT Slaughterfest 2 - Moar CUTS
---
Teams and Times
---
Red Team
-
Tadek Boruta - CEST - 5pm Saturday, the 27th
Trodat - EEDT - 6pm Saturday, the 27th
HentaiWriter - PST - 8am Saturday, the 27th
J_C - CEST - 5pm Saturday, the 27th
Zed - CET - 4pm Saturday, the 27th

-
Blue Team
-
Darth Roxor - CEST - 5pm Saturday, the 27th
Transfiguring Roar - AWST - 11pm Saturday, the 27th
Sulaco - CST - 10am Saturday the 27th
Tigranes - EST - 11am Saturday, the 27th
Ninja Destroyer - CEST - 5pm Saturday, the 27th

---
Playing for:
---
Tadek Boruta - free Andhaira
Trodat - remove Makabb's dumbfuck tag
HentaiWriter - Developer tag
J_C - regain avatar changing privilege
Zed - remove Chaotic Heretic's Shitposter tag

Darth Roxor - free Excidium
Transfiguring Roar - remove Undisputed Queen of Faggotry tag for Crispy
Sulaco - restore ERYKRAD's bro-fisting privilege
Tigranes - if allowed reinstate Darth Roxor's PoE review as the official Codex PoE review/custam tag for treave
Ninja Destroyer - free Broseph

---

Don't forget to change your team color in Options > Player Setup in UT.

We are using version 451. If you don't have it, patch link is on the left side: http://www.utpg.org/

Please tell me if you don't have the server details and/or you haven't tested out the server yet. If you have any poblems with the server let us know.

And don't forget, we'll be having warm-up rounds before the CTF matches.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Please note: I have no indication of Zed's or Ninja Destroyer's skill level, and I've balanced the teams as best I can, but I'm no Sawyer!

Zed was a bit rusty in the games the other day with Boruta (worse than Boruta), but we'll see. I believe in you Zed !

Hory shit, plenty of good players this time. This is gonna be hard work. I find when the matches are intense I am so focused on the screen that my whole body tenses up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom