Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Codexian Game Development Thread

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
4hzt2RX.gif

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
The old portraits are bad

So I put aside my ego and got help from an artist who actually knows how to draw. What do you guys think about these new portraits?

YbRwNxM.png
JVg9Ny5.png
upFLeo5.png

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
I never said they were bad. I said they were fine for a $5 game.

Zep--

d1nolore

Savant
Portraits are way better, only problem now is the rest of the game needs to somewhat match :D

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014

So I put aside my ego and got help from an artist who actually knows how to draw. What do you guys think about these new portraits?

YbRwNxM.png
JVg9Ny5.png
upFLeo5.png
her mouth is too wide and the nose is fucked up and she has a hunchback too. hair nothing to phone home about either. how much u paying this dude

gaussgunner

Arcane
And Tavernking is right about the demos. Sure, there are plenty of people who will tell you "I wouldn't have bought that game, but I played the demo first and liked it..." but on average, the demo will cost you sales. If you want to get people interested in the game, you need a trailer, screenshots, and YouTubers. All of those depend on your game's visual appeal. I know that's not what you want to hear, but it's hard to overstate how important appearance is.
Yeah, releasing a demo is like saying "I'm not worthy". Most demos I've tried were rank amateur work. I can only remember buying one game after trying the demo, and I'll probably never buy another game from that developer. That developer is Jeff Vogel, who happens to be a big proponent of demos. Yeah. No demo.

These days I can't think of any reason to release a public demo at any stage of development for a commercial game. If you're doing a kickstarter for your first game, it doesn't matter, you'll fail. In alpha, let testers ask for it so you can pump them for feedback. In beta, you can now charge a premium for early access on Steam and GOG. But if you've got enough popularity for that, why not spare yourself the butthurt of changing something that was a must-have for one autist, and simply keep the game under wraps until release day? Then you say it's done, finished, nothing but critical bug fixes from now on.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
almost everything in this codex-exclusive first sneak peek of my just-do-something-to-not-forget-the-basics shooter game is placeholder, but i thought id share it

pf5xwgK.png

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
either make a game for free or make it worth at least 10 dollars, imo. there's mobile cancer for anything in between

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
started talking about the shooter game in shoutbox and luzur reminded me of a carolean game i never finished so now i have to do something like that again

and after some spitballing, it will be a KawaII~desu neeee~~ girls carolean cannon fodder clone

YQY1QJQ.png

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer

YbRwNxM.png
JVg9Ny5.png
upFLeo5.png

Not good enough (honest opinion)

What the fuck did you just say about my game, you fucking maggot? I’ve been making RPGs since 2009, and I've released over 20 free browser-based games on the internet, some of which were smash hits the likes of which you could never achieve. I have hundreds of hours of coding experience and I’m the top AS3 programmer in my entire fucking country. You are nothing to me but just another ignorant sheep with uneducated opinions on shitty game design and production. Go ahead and release your shit little game, I will wipe you the fuck out with negative reviews and will pay international news channels to advertise a torrent made specifically for your shit-smelling simulator, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the internet? Think again, fucker. As I type I am contacting my network of indie developers across the globe and your little project is going to get buttblasted to kingdom come so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your RPG.

You’re fucking dead. Me and my boys can be anywhere, anytime, and we will bring your codex reputation down to the fucking ground. Not only am I extensively trained in shitpost warfare, but I have access my fanbase’s entire arsenal of 12 year old trolls, and I will use them to their full extent to wipe your miserable games ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom