Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Codexian Game Development Thread

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
New tileset looking gud

20kASCM.png

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Yeah, but on a mobile screen and moving fast & with the lighting effect, looks good enough. Maybe for the PC release, I'll need to re-render all tilesets and sprites in higher resolution anyways.

Cool ! I was going to ask you about that but thought you had enough on your platter as it is...
BTW don't forget to add more animation frames too !

mutonizer

Arcane
Patron
Testing a new, more serious, work routine for something that's been on my mind for a long ass time and to get back into it, also worked on a hex based map editor. Missing props (buildings will be props/models tailored to fit on hexes), more tiles and shit, but overall, I can make, save and load various encounter maps to now work on other things that'll need them.
Style is heavily based off defunct Heroscape hex tiles, which suit me just fine for now as I want to keep a very "miniature" feeling.

mutonizer

Arcane
Patron
Going with the "one front line" option instead of "front row - back row"?
Also, why seemingly "tactical" view during combat? Planning something bit more involved than usual blobbers?

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
Going with the "one front line" option instead of "front row - back row"?
Also, why seemingly "tactical" view during combat? Planning something bit more involved than usual blobbers?

It's not obvious in that screenshot, but there are two rows for the monsters and two rows for the PCs. Back rows can only be hit by ranged weapons, spells or certain special attacks that classes like the assassin possess. So there will be an option to protect members of the party. If there is no one in the front row, then the back row opens up to be hit by all attack forms.

This system is similar to SSI's "Phantasie" series from the 1980s, except that the player has the option to configure their own set up (in that game, the party was only in a straight line).

mutonizer

Arcane
Patron
Lot of progress this week, quite happy if I may say so myself...
Map Editor got boosted with brush sizes and mass elevation change mechanics, dual tile types selection for ease of use (left/right mouse click) and a "walkable on/off" system that's working very nicely, especially to handle multiple heights and various above/below issues. Multi-level pathfinding is in as well, and can handle various toggles depending on what I need. Nose bled a bit I think when figuring this shit out but it's working ok now.

From scratch last week, the "encounter" part is now also shaping up, brick by brick to avoid mind exploding. Since it's based off GURPS there is a lot of very precise and codified shit to put in, and even something usually simple as moving a unit is here quite something to implement proper. Anyway, lotta shit done on that front and movement is done. Changing postures is done as per rules (missing the 2hex on lying down mechanic) and got a targeting system working as well now for other actions (evaluate, aim, attack, etc).

Keeping weekly videos to archive my own progress and various states of development for personal use so not very interesting but here you go

Last edited:

Lexx

Cipher
O sheet, looks like I am working on my Fallout 2 mod again, that I started back in 2010 in true old school rpg vaporware tradition.

VeGfNo.png

On the plus side, I made great progress in the past month and with that speed, I might finish it in the next 5 years. Maybe.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I created a fully functioning multi-option dialogue editor which saves dialogue to an ini file, and I've completely forgotten how to use it...it has attribute checks, item checks, money checks, fail nodes, success nodes, custom actions.
0K6EvoY.png

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well, I finally finished my little Choose Your Own Adventure title. I really grew to hate the engine and lost a lot of passion for the project, but I forced myself to follow through.

Here's a link, please check it out and give me any feedback you like:

https://modernancients.store.aptoid...n/12/22181240/Aeschines:+Glimpse+of+Adulthood

It's free, simple, and should work on any android device. Play in portrait mode.

Set in the 4th Century BC, Aeschines: Glimpse of Adulthood is a Choose Your Own Adventure game that puts you in the sandals of a young Athenian. Features include:

- 12 different endings.

- 4 variables that measure your relationship with the characters.

- Characters and stories drawn directly from 4th century Athens.

Prepare yourself for an ancient world involving pederasty, violence, and corruption. Your decisions will have consequences, and not every story will end well!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom