Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Official codex Star Trek Online topic :salute:

i don't care, as long as my kdfs will keep looking as bland and samey as ever.

Subject37

Educated

Drakron

Arcane
I am sorry but you want the new ones, I just got a Science Kit Medic with +20.6 weapon proficiency.

That makes the Borg Medic old and busted because you can duplicate it (well I assume so, never got a Vascular III from the testing RNG box) but with that bonus, in fact you could swap the Medical Tricorder for Dylovene and get even more meele.

Davidshky

Scholar
One thing I'm hoping for are some more "special" kit powers.

Like breen cryo-grenade or cryo-mortar, Jem'hadar cloaky-mine, romulan plasma-mortar, Elachi whatstheirname and klingon targ-summoning.

I want them to add a special TOS Costume for the Gorn... It's just a zipper that goes on the back.

:troll:

PS. The mirror universe event sounds amazing. Phasers set to farm!

Drakron

Arcane
The only Embassy Kit I got was Squad Leader I believe, the one with Motion Accelerator and a Plasma Grenade.

Saying they are "all good" is kinda wrong, fabrication kits suck so you can ignore those, honestly the new kits are likely going to be better because they are "runic", you can set the abilities on them but since our Fleet doesnt exist in Tribble I havent checked if Kits on the Embassy and Spire have 5 slots or are just Modules (or both).

RIght now Kits are 3/1 or 2/2 as far i can see, there are no "pure" 4 kits as in a kit with 4 medical slots, its always Medical/Science.

The Borg Medical Analyzer can be duplicated with this new system, the main problem right now is this ... Kits didnt Bind, now they bind on account when equipped (same with modules), this makes it so you cannot mail them or sell them if you equip them and I dont see any crafting alternatives, plus being Cryptic they likely going to fag it up and slap a dilithium cost on crafting since its not dead enough.

Also I suspect this also points to a new holding with Kits since they had nothing for a new holding (they were already scrapping in the Spire) and now they do.

Wild Slop

Arcane
I just got each of the 3 tac XII kits to cover my bases on the characters that could afford. My Romulan is a neglected sort so he only got the ops.

If there is any chance at getting back into this I will wait for this next change to come about. Hell, I haven't bothered to learn the previous few game changes and suuuch.

Drakron

Arcane
OK I forgot I still had a character that is part of Tribble Fleet so .. here are Fleet Kits (Embassy and Spire).

Mk XII

+26.2 Weapon Proficiency
+26.2 Personal Shield Generator
+26.2 Willpower
+26.2 Combat Armor

Thats the same for all classes.

Also they are five slots on 3/2 configuration, plus the unique ability (Flamethrower turret on the Embassy Eng kit) comes with the Kit ... also apparently they have fucked up because the Kit is bind on character but the module is bind on account, even if its bind of character since we can apparently remove it we add both the Embassy Module and the Spire Module to the same kit.

Norfleet

I'm pretty sure that is intentional and not a fuckup, since they clearly want you to buy both, whereas previously you would not, since they did not actually give you the ability to use more than one.

Davidshky

Scholar
Iirc, they did say that if they got a positive response about the dyson rep, future rep grinds would be similar and they would redo the old rep systems as well.

Norfleet

On the Tribble, it seems they've changed the previous reps now, too. At least they didn't add a stupid second currency for the existing ones.

Eyeball

Arcane
I went for the federation on my space elf and now I'm eagerly awaiting the moment when I get a new ship. Awwww yeah.
STOP!

Don't do this! When you are told to go into Quinn's/Kerrek/Jmpok's office to claim your promotion at a level divisible by 10...IGNORE IT! JUST DON'T DO THIS. IT IS A TRAP!

Contact me more in-game, but for now...DON'T THIS. KEEP YOUR CURRENT SHIP.

Also, going Fed on a Rom actually kinda stinks and gives you a really lame raw deal. I mean, Diplomacy instead of MARAUDING? Bleeeech.

My one experience playing a real STF with the fleet (for which I was wholly unprepared).

1. Select Norfleet's ship -> Follow
2. Select Norfleet's ship -> Follow
3. Select Norfleet's ship -> Follow
4. Select Norfleet's ship -> Follow
5. Win
Pretty solid tactics on my part, amirite? :smug:

(The orange triangular thing turns out to mean a stronger version than usual of the enemy ... well, that's what it says.)
Consider a beam-based loadout if this is your favored tactic, since autofollow will actively prevent you from aiming cannons. I have actually played STFs like this where the entire team consisted of a conga-line autofollowing the ship in front of it, like a naval line of battle.
I've been avoiding getting the promotions but I'm still not sure WHY they're such a bad thing. Could you possibly elaborate a bit, please? Surely getting a new ship would be a good thing? What hidden drawbacks are there?

Norfleet

The short version: Claiming this promotion will permanently close the option to claim a respec token in the future, should you somehow acquire Gold "subscriber" status, and THEN claim it. You may have no intention of ever doing this. But things happen. If you're the type that's even open to spending money, the deal starts to sound really good after a point. If you're like me, committed to permanent cheapassery...things still happen. Promotions, Internet Opportunities, changes to the system, you never know.

What do you gain by closing your options? Nothing of value...a crappy ship you will ultimately discard anyway, that has zero influence on your final play. Levelling is so quick anyway. Sure, you're thinking, "But a new ship upgrade will help me level faster!". This may be true, but there are other ways of doing this without shooting yourself in the foot, that work just as quickly, and far...far more cheaply. You won't really miss anything.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom