Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Official codex Star Trek Online topic :salute:

Eyeball

Arcane
Thanks for clarifying. A few additional questions:

1. So if I don't care about losing a freespec, I can accept his promotions no problem?

2. So I just buy a new ship once I have the resources and required level? Any other ways of aquiring new ships that circumvent the promotions?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well, it bears mention that the free Captain retrain tokens you get are already worth more than one month of subscribing, even with just a single character (Captain Retrain Token costs 500 Zen). Norfleet is right that they are indeed high value.

As for leveling ships... Well, Norfleet's got a few tricks to show you, and you get a new free ship anyway at Captain tier. Besides that, Z-Store ships are account-wide and reclaimable forever, so if you intend to get ships for their consoles (which is the only reason to get early game premium ships), knock yourself out.

Drakron

Arcane
actually i read they were unsatisfied with dyson rep because it was excessively fast, so...
grindfest.

Yes, no.

What happened was people were filling in the hour ones around the clock, the daily one wasnt the issue but people doing the hour one around the clock, let me see ... it was 200xp sp if you did it for 12 hours that would 2400xp as well 2500xp for the daily.

If we add the Token that would mean nearly 10k a way.

Now they put a retrain on the hourly projects, you can only do the hour one x times per day and then its removed form the list until next day, the Token is not a issue because you have to run the whole thing at least once with someone without it, its for alts and right now the Token allows the Rep grind to be tolerable, remove it and people will just stop running reps on alts.

They got rid of commendations that is something I am not sure if its good or bad, 30 marks isnt much and I can get marks from boxes so instead of having to do fucking Nukara each day for Tholian Cockrings I can just use the mark boxes to run the daily, its bad on the sense they are going to add those Tholian Cockrings for the equipment projects but hey, I doubt those Sets are going to be at STF worthy anyway and how those end up on the system remains to be seen.

Last edited:

Drakron

Arcane
Level cap raise? New equipment tiers?

You can ignore some of that stuff, those are just loose files ... the Mk XIII and Mk XIV icons are likely just art proof of concept in case raising gear mark, I doubt they plan to do it anytime soon since it would invalidate Mark Lock Box weapons, STF sets and also some Lobi sets (Jem'Hadar Mk XII comes to mind).

Also the voice files are just likely recorded just in case, after all they had then in the Studio so if there was a level raise they would not have to rent a studio and pay them again for those lines.

The only weird stuff is the Wells and WoK uniform ranks but that means little since it also have Tuvok that we know its for NPC use, could mean the same were there would be NPCs with those ranks using those uniforms.

Vaarna_Aarne

On a related note, I find the notion of a Yamato Cannon console from the rep extremely enticing and welcome.

Drakron

Arcane
I like more that Romuman ships now have their own computer voice, sounds weird having my Thalaron Scimitar with a Federation computer voice.

Vaarna_Aarne

Right, so this means Nukara rep is 100% worthless (unless you want any of the gear), since the only passives you want are the Crit boosters from Dyson and Romulan, and the damage and shield boosters from Omega. Heck, the main change is that Omega rep is the be-all-end-all rep around which all the others orbit.

EDIT: No wait, you WANT the reworked Aux boost from Nukara rep, so basically while they want to not have a one-size-fits-all set-up the new method means that's exactly what's going to happen.

Drakron

Arcane
Those thieving assholes can go eat dick.

This is all I will ever say about this.

well, if respecs are truly 100% free, i approve the change as a change in mechanics. meaningful choices are always good.
if only they would balance power to make the choices really meaningful...

Stokowski

Arcane
We hope this will make the selection of your powers a set of interesting choices, and not just a single “best spec” that people copy from a guide.
giphy.gif

Vaarna_Aarne

Actually you're better off this way. There's exactly four worthwhile passives for both space and ground, and they're making those better.

Norfleet

As our official pessimist, with no one being allowed to be more gloomy and pessimistic than me, I say give this a chance. It could possibly suck a lot less ass than some of the other things they could have done.

Drakron

Arcane
As our official pessimist, with no one being allowed to be more gloomy and pessimistic than me, I say give this a chance. It could possibly suck a lot less ass than some of the other things they could have done.

No.

This isnt about "sucking", its about halfway realizing they are giving 1-ups on a system they have no intent to finish but extend forever they change the rules, if they were royally nerfed into specific "vs" passives that would only work against those specific rep enemies that would be one thing, I had 5 in 4 and I still had 5 in 4 ... now I have 4 space, 4 ground and 4 active powers ... were is the other half? Gone because Cryptic wants to have their cake (using rep as lazy way to provide end game content) and eat it too ("balance") at my expense and sure it always been at my expense but really, this altering the contract without prior notice.

This is theft, taking things I supposedly "earned" because they cannot be arsed into doing things properly, its even worst when they said "we knew this was a problem since the Tholian Reputation" and STILL FUCKING PUSH IT OUT AND THE VOTH REP!

Spare me of the crocodile tears.

There is shortsightedness, there is incompetence and there is this ... lazy, dont give a fuck, will change later, fuck the players attitude.

What will be next? If they did this then are Account Unlocks REALLY Account Unlocks? A lot of things are done in the name of something and fucking me over because you dont give a fuck and push systems you KNOW have issues out because timetables and because you cannot figure out ANYTHING but a endless grind of Reputation systems that now are nothing but a glorified shop.

Fuck them.

Vaarna_Aarne

Majority of reputation powers are worthless junk, there's pretty much 4 ground ones and 4 space ones you actually do give a damn about, and those are just made better.

Drakron

Arcane
Recent goof made Risa summer event map activate in Tribble.

Here is what I found.

More colors for Jetpack (typical).
Hoverboards (only work over water), they actually work and looking at the map there is likely some type of race.
Swimsuits (text says only avaible when in Risa)

Thats it, the ship is still the corvette on the map and they added some new buidlings on the map.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What the actual fuck is up with the tactical/engineering/science teams? It's like they immediately gray out as soon as you are attacked and then only come back online just before you get killed. Is this some new "balancing" patch?

Also, why has the thread been tagged as Kickstarter? :retarded:

Vaarna_Aarne

What? Sci/Eng/Tac teams shouldn't behave like that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom