Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Official codex Star Trek Online topic :salute:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
"Dear passengers, if you look to to the giant starboard window you can see the attacking Klingon fleet. In the port window you can see the approaching Borg Cubes. Happy hour starts in fifteen minutes!"

In unrelated news, check out this hilarious post in which the devs flat out admit faction balance is fucked:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=16207021#post16207021
Seems they know their playerbase though, since just doing the simple thing and removing boff trait stacking would just cause the forumgoers to go apeshit and cry bloody murder, so rather what can be gleaned is that the devs intend to add MORE of those damn traits.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bros, I've started playing this a while ago. Being a big trek fan, this is about the only MMO I can actually play without getting bored after five quests (level 18, never went as high in any MMO before!).

What is with these 'seasons'? Apparently season 9 is being rolled out right now? What does it mean?

Also, what is the best way to get dilithium, because I seem to be earning it at a snail's pace?

Vaarna_Aarne

Seasons is what they call major updates for the game.

As for earning Dilithium, Norfleet is the man to ask.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, great. I've been doing anti-borg grinding in the Ker'rat system, which are 1440 per day (for three repeats). Are there any similar/better missions available at my level (18)?

Drakron

Arcane
Yeah, great. I've been doing anti-borg grinding in the Ker'rat system, which are 1440 per day (for three repeats). Are there any similar/better missions available at my level (18)?

Nope and enjoy that since it goes away at lv 50 more or less.
Then you start other types of Farming, STF farming, Defera daily, Dino tagging on the Dyson Sphere ...

Vaarna_Aarne

Dino tagging is only one Happy Weekends tho, normally you just do whatever you feel lets you be your absolute laziest.

Norfleet

I don't want to be encouraging. I want to frighten you off. If you haven't run scared by the time I recount all of the soul-crushing grind tactics involved, then MAYBE you have the right stuff, what it takes to succeed.

I will tell you right now that succeeding at this game is an exercise in brutality and force. You throw multiple, in my case over a dozen, accounts at the problem and commit a half a dozen computers to an all-out attack. If you're not prepared to methodically extinguish every vestige of fun from the game, you're not prepared to win.

Davidshky

Scholar
If you want to you can ignore the whole success thing. It's recommended but not mandatory, unless you're trying to please Norfleet (which is impossible anyway).

Also, about 99% of STO is endgame stuff so you should try to reach lvl 50 since that's more or less when the game actually begins.

Norfleet

Technically you can skip the account thing, but having more than one alt is very helpful.
Nah, you definitely want a second account, minimum, once you start heading for the 10-character wall. Plus, doffing gets extremely cumbersome if you have to do anything as barbaric as MOVE to each place you're doffing. If it takes you 5 minutes to move anywhere, and you have a standard complement of 11 dudes (3+4+4), you're wasting nearly an hour just uselessly moving around, and you haven't even gotten any work done.

Besides, who's the authority on production here? Me, the guy who built an entire base, or you, the slacker who can't be bothered to show up so we can beat NWS?

Wild Slop

Arcane
Pain is weakness leaving the body.

If you ignore your teeth they'll go away.

Billy didn't wear his safety goggles... Now his whole outlook on life has changed.

He who conquers others is strong; He who conquers himself is mighty.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Liking this new expansion I must say. The reputation system is a mixed bag, MUCH easier to advance now but I'm kind of pissed off having wasted my time before and having had to choose abilities while newfags get access to all of them. Don't really care for the tons and tons of requisitions you get each day now, it's mostly the same stuff and mostly useless. The free infinite trait respecs are also good/terrible since now everyone will take accurate, it's pretty much guaranteed.

But, I'm loving the new Dyson Sphere's new Undine Battle Zone. It's raining marks, y'all. Finally the sphere is good for more than just showing off how useless a game feature can be.

Also good on making ESD more compact, now if only they could do similar for First City. And now new currencies? It's a miracle. Unless you count Undine Marks...

Vaarna_Aarne

I've stuck to the instanced missions myself, I found the Bzone too slow and without enough reward for plain old repping.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom