Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Commander Retard's Wasteland 2 Impressions

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
This guy doesn't represent the average jouisseur, just thought I should mention that.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I hate it when games make me travel from place to place dealing with various conflicts between distinctive and interesting groups of people and an out of control environment! It's even worse when my actions have repercussions! Like the destruction (or preservation) of entire political and/or religious systems and different physical states for most of the game zones based on the myriad of triggers I have access to. It's all so forced! It's never "meaningful", because if I don't like something it's not meaningful! Reactivity just for the sake of reactivity! When devs put cool stuff in their games just for the sake of having cool stuff in their games - don't they realize they need to be doing it for some other reason? That I won't bother mentioning? Or even realize I'm alluding to? It's just shitty! What they should have done instead is ... uh ... be unshitty! I'll leave the actual constructive part of my criticism to your imagination, but believe me, it's there!

Also, pay more attention to me because I cuss a lot! That gives me cred as a cool dude and helps obscure the fact that I really have nothing to say, other than this game doesn't give me a boner and it's frustrating when I can't get a boner. But I'm rational and have a coherent and well thought out point of view! Fuck shit etc.

DeepOcean

Arcane
While this guy is a little too edgy for his own good, there is some validity on his complains. One thing for example that was a big disappointment for me, the story of Wasteland 2, I wasn't expecting any kind of PS:T level narrative but they have an awesome set up with the desert rangers but they basically send you to activate some radio towers... that is it, the whole plot for the first half of the game. The rangers are completely useless, you are supposed to do everything alone when you are a part of a powerful military organization... I'm starting California now and lo and behold, the ranger team sent there die to fucking rabid dogs, trash mobs, and guess what?

Your first quest is to close holes with wood... jeez... that required a ton of criativity to make. You have to do everything alone again... and gather 56 pounds of cat litter, my God how am I excited by this quest...:roll: Actually, I thought... hey... why I need the rangers anyway? They are so fucking useless anyway and I have to do everything by myself that I could start my own protection scheme. Actually I was begging for the game to allow myself to say screw you, your useless cunts, now I am DeepOcean police now, thank you.

Jeez, this game needed, at least, something like six more months of pre production, Arizona the way it is now is just a mess and the story... what story? The only thing saving this game for being total crap is some areas that have nice decisions for you to make on them, the only area on Arizona that I can say is really, really good is the Canyon of the Titan and it was the only reason I kept playing to see if the California areas would be like that. Maybe California is much better as people are saying but jeez.. InXile... why did you make half of your game this mediocre?

Unwanted

DollarSign

Unwanted
Commander Retard
You need to provide specific representative examples in support of your opinion, otherwise you could change the thread name to Captain Retard's Torment Impressions and it would make just as much sense. After all, it's not like Torment gave you the ability to change the social/political order in Sigil. And every quest is ultimately walking from point A to point B to fight enemies/click on a hotspot. And writing is total shit. And combat is total shit. And... you get my point, right, you can call anything shit, but it only counts as criticism if you provide an example and then logically explain why it's shit and what it has to do to not be shit.

If I had to compare W2's writing to any existing game, I'd say Morrowind
Then you're giving it a compliment. :troll: Not that the writing of Wasteland 2 has anything in common with Morrowind.

I agree with the part about different elements feeling disjointed, as others have pointed out, the game lacks a unifying vision and seeks to ride the nostalgia train for aged neckbeards to feel like they're living their glory days again... which I guess does it make an equivalent of AAA wish-fulfillment popamole dating simulator, but the quality of individual elements is infinitely higher, which makes it a worthwhile game.

Ultimately, Wasteland 2 is good but not great, I can see where your opinion is coming from, but you're not supporting it very well, which makes me think you're trolling.

Cadmus

Arcane
You know something he said is right when the Edge meme shitposters come to spew their buzzword against him.
Ditto. OMG LOL DONT CUT YOURSELF ON THAT EDGE.
look at the retards swarming in whenever somebody new (is he? I don't know every fucking SUPDROG SUPANDHAIRA poster) stirs up dissent.

onlyholyservice now says that writing is purely subjective thus we can't criticize WL2 boring dialogues, amazing! I should have known that Dragon Age: Inquisition being about faggot ass sex was only my imagination, it's subjective!!11

I kinda agree with the OP on most of the points. I don't hate WL2 and will restart it once it's all patched up but I didn't really enjoy my time with it. For the detailed anal-sis go see hiver's or someone else's posts but don't pretend everyone here likes the game and the OP is a noob edgy decline advocate.

hiver

I hate it when games make me travel from place to place dealing with various conflicts between distinctive and interesting groups of people and an out of control environment! It's even worse when my actions have repercussions! Like the destruction (or preservation) of entire political and/or religious systems and different physical states for most of the game zones based on the myriad of triggers I have access to. It's all so forced! It's never "meaningful", because if I don't like something it's not meaningful! Reactivity just for the sake of reactivity! When devs put cool stuff in their games just for the sake of having cool stuff in their games - don't they realize they need to be doing it for some other reason? That I won't bother mentioning? Or even realize I'm alluding to? It's just shitty! What they should have done instead is ... uh ... be unshitty! I'll leave the actual constructive part of my criticism to your imagination, but believe me, it's there!

Also, pay more attention to me because I cuss a lot! That gives me cred as a cool dude and helps obscure the fact that I really have nothing to say, other than this game doesn't give me a boner and it's frustrating when I can't get a boner. But I'm rational and have a coherent and well thought out point of view! Fuck shit etc.

There are no conflicts between various interesting and distinctive groups or people - the game just tells you there are.

You cannot deal with those in any other way but a few convoluted idiotic scripts made for cheap superficial retarded turds like you Zombra.

Actions have no repercussions but a few scripted idiotic consequences that are utterly linear and completely stupid.

It's even worse when my actions have repercussions! Like the destruction (or preservation) of entire political and/or religious systems and different physical states for most of the game zones based on the myriad of triggers I have access to.
:lol:

Thats the reason you were made a moderator on the inxile forums. For your lying cretinous asshole licking and inventing ludicrous retarded shit like this.

It's never "meaningful", because if I don't like something it's not meaningful!
Idiotic strawman argument, the only thing that turd in your head can produce.

When devs put cool stuff in their games just for the sake of having cool stuff in their games
No such thing in the whole failure of imagination that you masturbate to.

That I won't bother mentioning? Or even realize I'm alluding to?
Like these cool things you mention and allude to? Imbecile.

I'll leave the actual constructive part of my criticism to your imagination, but believe me, it's there!
psychological projection of a cretinous shit, who when the constructive criticism is given goes screaming halfwit insults and declarations how he did not read any of it.

Lol, and what the fuck should I have said? I said his reasons for it being low quality were retarded to me, they didn't affect my enjoyment in any way. I guess I should have put more effort into disputing why Wasteland 2's writing and dialogue isn't the same as putting words into a herp derp generator?

Come on, don't pretend you care about the edgy memes, you just care that they're being used against an argument you support. You'd be pissy about the reception with or without memes.
Edgy isn't even the right word tbh, OP hasn't played the game for shit, most of the arguments were hollow and some were just blatantly incorrect, and the parallels were retarded, that's a better word, retarded.

Clearly not everyone likes it, but it's still pretty damn popular here, despite the extreme butthurt of the people who seem to have a vendetta against the game. As much as you think people are overplaying how liked it is I think it's twice over for those posters who act like it was some monumental failure.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Lol, and what the fuck should I have said? I said his reasons for it being low quality were retarded to me, they didn't affect my enjoyment in any way. I guess I should have put more effort into disputing why Wasteland 2's writing and dialogue isn't the same as putting words into a herp derp generator?

Come on, don't pretend you care about the edgy memes, you just care that they're being used against an argument you support. You'd be pissy about the reception with or without memes.
Edgy isn't even the right word tbh, OP hasn't played the game for shit, most of the arguments were hollow and some were just blatantly incorrect, and the parallels were retarded, that's a better word, retarded.

Clearly not everyone likes it, but it's still pretty damn popular here, despite the extreme butthurt of the people who seem to have a vendetta against the game. As much as you think people are overplaying how liked it is I think it's twice over for those posters who act like it was some monumental failure.

Garbageland 2 is a failure no matter what you retards think.Just because some people from Inxile kept in touch with this site ,this game should ignore criticism? Fuck sake,this forum is full of shallow bastards that shun everyone who dares to make fun of their protege.And what's with the bad attitude against new members? As soon as someone new starts criticizing your special games ,every autistic cunt starts ''Niu fag so edggiiiii''.

Not mentioning that the second part of the game was broken as fuck, how can you deliver such an unfinished product on the market? You have no shame ?

Not talking about the ''Send 4 new rookies while the entire ranger army are jerking each other in the stronghold'' and then the '' GED TO DA TAWARS'' plot ,how can you reedem such a turd?

Why did you even bother quoting that text you blithering idiot? You put all that into your post just to regurgitate the same shit comment that cadmus made that has nothing to do with me or my reply?
You clearly don't know shit all about this forum, the game has more than it's fair share of criticism, but as with most things, the people that like it will defend it when people go on absolutely inane frothing rants that make few points and are full of false information.

Didn't bother me, outside of the beta I didn't run into any problems. And even if I did, I take bugs pretty lightly with the way modern devs treat post release support.

Because I liked it? I enjoyed the progression, ranger creation, characters, fighting the robots, collecting gear, trying to survive with the limited resources on the harder difficulties, the factions, the c&C, etc. Was I supposed to be sitting there in suffering and unable to continue because the rangers didn't send enough guys? It didn't affect me at all, and even now that you bring it up, it isn't going to change how I enjoyed the game. Only retards have their opinions about a game changed outside of it, and after they've already enjoyed it. One day you'll realize that no amount of slobbering shit you spew on the game is going to make people adopt your value system and hate it in retrospect. You should probably just stop wasting your time repeating the same hollow criticisms that better posters have already outlined in length.

It's a good game, don't care how you 'edgii niu fags' (or edgy oldfags for that matter) view it.

circ

Arcane
THERE ARE 2 MILLION AVATARS ON THIS SITE. I AM SHEPARD. YOU ARE I DON'T KNOW. SOME POTATO. THE FUCK. I DON'T GET OUT OF BED EVERY DAY IN THIS SHIT WORLD TO EXPERIENCE DEJA VU ON SOME INTERNET FORUM THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
THERE ARE 2 MILLION AVATARS ON THIS SITE. I AM SHEPARD. YOU ARE I DON'T KNOW. SOME POTATO. THE FUCK. I DON'T GET OUT OF BED EVERY DAY IN THIS SHIT WORLD TO EXPERIENCE DEJA VU ON SOME INTERNET FORUM THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
Yeah, don't worry, like many 'seagull' posters, he flew past, dropped a few turds, and then flew away. You are the true generic Shepard.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Yeah, don't worry, like many 'seagull' posters, he flew past, dropped a few turds, and then flew away. You are the true generic Shepard.

And he dropped them turds on the right car,this game was fucking awful.

Doktor Best

Arcane
I like how people find it stupid that in wasteland 2 you get sent out as rookie with basic training to respond to a radiocall and investigate the death of some ranger (doesnt sound too urgent and life threatening to me) while everyone here is okay that the main plotline of our beloved fallout1 starts with the protagonist being thrown out of the vault alone, with no weapon, in his fuckin piyamas, to deal with a time sensitive issue threatening everyones lives despite of the fact that he most likely doesnt have a goddamn clue what a waterchip is ;)

Dont get me wrong, i love fallout ofc. its a better game than wasteland2 in almost every way. But if you break down the premise of the plotline its not any smarter than wasteland2, and it isnt meant to be. Both are super trashy roadtrips in a postapocalyptic world, like mad max but without cars.

hiver

despite of the fact that he most likely doesnt have a goddamn clue what a waterchip is ;)
newfags... newfags never change...

Did you even play the game or just read about it?
Your character does know what the waterchip is and he knows how it looks. The main plot point is that everyone will die without it as the water is running out.

Both are super trashy roadtrips in a postapocalyptic world, like mad max but without cars.
Both yours and zombra brains are super trashcans, like people but without brains.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Clueless about how to identify a working actual waterchip. He gets shown one but if you do not pick science as skill he is just a random dude who gets sent out to obtain a critical item which he has no fucking clue about. People could sell him a car radio making him believe its the thing he needs if he puts too few points into intelligence. And then again hes alone, shitty armed, even without a working map. Would make more sense to send a team out there with scientists and actual firepower maybe?

And whats the deal with your insults all the time? Are you some kind of retard? Do you suffer some kind of literary tourette syndrome or something? Do you actually believe those words do have any impact other than making everyone here realize what a missraised dickhead you are?

hiver

Clueless about how to identify a working actual waterchip. He gets shown one but if you do not pick science as skill he is just a random dude who gets sent out to obtain a critical item which he has no fucking clue about. People could sell him a car radio making him believe its the thing he needs if he puts too few points into intelligence. And then again hes alone, shitty armed, even without a working map. Would make more sense to send a team out there with scientists and actual firepower maybe?
You literally get shown what a water chip looks like.
So you know exactly what to look for. A car radio does not look like a water chip.

You go out alone because its a single player game.

altogether light years ahead of cretinous plot for W2.

And whats the deal with your insults all the time? Are you some kind of retard? Do you suffer some kind of literary tourette syndrome or something? Do you actually believe those words do have any impact other than making everyone here realize what a missraised dickhead you are?
Thats just addressing fucking stupid shits like yourself properly, after you go and make numerous retarded declarations whose only purpose is to satisfy your stupid devolved desire for emotional entitlement.

If we are to talk about being raised properly then your parents raised a fucking self entitled imbecile who will lie and distort facts only to get himself to feel better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zombra

Patron
He's just new to the Codex, but he's still right. Wasteland 2's not a bad post-apocalypse story just because it sloppily handwaves the fact that the PCs are the protagonists.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom