Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Complete Underrail Map.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
...well, almost complete probably. Anyway, here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ekc9u64i33ek382/UNDERRAIL_MAP.xlsx

I'm probably missing a couple of secret areas since my char didn't have perception. The map is in excel since I wanted to have a grid to draw upon and also have separate sheets for each big area, because combining all of them into one is a pain in the ass. I've found that this way it worked very good. I've named the areas with various shit that helps me distinct them.

Preview:

TYPDTjH.jpg

Last edited:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
That's actually really interesting, design wise.
I tried to keep most areas roughly the same size to make the drawing of the map and navigation easier. Also different sheets helped a lot since interconnecting areas from different levels in the same sheet is a nightmare and it helped keeping each area small enough to be able to look it up easily. This map is mostly the reason I found deep caverns rather easy, as soon as I mapped the place, navigating it was a piece of cake.

Severian Silk

I found a mistake in your map. "DEEP CAVERNS ENTRANCE" should have two paths leading to the west and zero paths heading south.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, I think I just put it there for convenience sake, it's south-west and a pretty straightforward path you wont visit again.

B0rt

Novice
Just wanted to post "thanks" from a random player here -- your map is really helping my 2nd playthru. Not quite as crucial as getting the speedhack working but it's a real help. I like how it's static, feels more like the cloth map I'd keep referring to when playing the old Ultimas as a kid.

There really should be some similar in-game *item* since the basic layout of the UR doesn't change nearly so much as, say, a contemporary urban landscape. Maybe the deep caverns would be left out (or maps of the DC would be made available only if the player keeps friendly with one or two particular factions) but really, much of the info on your map would be common knowledge, available for a Styg at most stores if the player didn't have it already.

So yeah, here's a hearty endorsement for Mr. G. Dog's fine quality maps. Even people worried about cheating shouldn't have an issue as long as they delete the Deep Caves section -- thanks to the brief, effectively cryptic titles for most map zones, this thing is remarkably devoid of spoilers. Well done.

Severian Silk

I didn't mind the lack of maps until I got to DC.

Everything is a PITA now without your map. :(

Pen and paper are your friends. Deep Caverns aren't even half as confusingly interconnected as Lower Underrail. The layout is pretty straightforward and the areas line up real tidy and coherently.

Unwanted

Janise

Unwanted
i revise my statement, shit is fucking high level, might as well not use it

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom