Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Conan Exiles - Funcom strikes again

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
So hitboxes are not standardized capsules.. this person joined my server and was impossible to kill..

Try a fork next time.

ortucis

Prophet
You might want to have a look at Kenshi, another Early Access thing, but stable and playable so far.

Interesting. Added it to the wish-list, will try it out after Conan (just finished download now have to wait 8 more minutes for the update to download.. derp).

However, was reading some reviews (for Kenshi) and people are talking about turrets or game being not the same anymore. I don't want turrets in a survival game like that (desert and all, Gothic..). :( According to one review, the game has been in development since 2013.. not that it bothers me, I just found it interesting. They must have a lot of features in-game by now.

Anyway, update almost done.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
kkkodex server when?

By the way, single player mode is legit bugged regarding respawn rate, health and durability so avoid it unless you just wanna cheat to check stuff out.

Unwanted

Musaab

Unwanted
I would love a Codex server. That way we can see who has the biggest dong for real. Only problem is I can't see to get my character circumcised.

ortucis

Prophet
Alright, I've played Exiles for 18 hrs and am going to post my thoughts on it:

1) I have Early Access games in my inventory, but I only buy them after they have been in development for a year or more (like 7 Days to Die), so I never really got to see how much broken these games can be. Conan Exiles is broken. Rubberbanding to constant server crashes or random drops are a constant headache. Out of thousands of servers, I only found 5 stable ones for me, even then, some of them had moronic settings, like one server had 10X XP gain so the moment you start, you level up to 11 in few seconds. Kill all the fun, but I guess you can use these servers to get to know your character build and crafting system (which I did). I ended up starting characters in 5-7 servers, some of them with proper houses I built. It was annoying to constantly log in after getting dropped or server crashing.

2) Base building is really fun. I kept playing for 18 hours because of that. Creating your secure base (for yourself or your clan) is time consuming but in a fun way. It could use a few tweaks but I am sure they aren't done working on it yet.

3) Combat is OK. Nothing amazing. It's similar to Fable combat, you keep hitting enemies with them reacting very rarely to your strike, acting like melee sponges (I never used the range). It gets the job done, so meh.

4) Player customization is average. They need to add more face choices to jewellery and stuff to help differentiate people more. Right now pretty much everyone looks like everybody else.

5) The game is made in Unreal 4. Doesn't look like it, but sure is taxing on the system. I had to set most of the settings to low (textures on Medium) to get the FPS to 45+ in most areas. In little forest areas, the frame drop is massive for some reason. Either way, visuals are almost Amalur quality and still eat away the system resources. They need to tweak this and they know it.

6) Server browser is broken. You cannot favorite the server, you cannot filter many things since they have yet to add those options. So write down the server name you played the most on and had one. That's what I did after dropping out of servers I was having fun in.

I haven't played it in SP at all. Only played PvE online. I will play SP when the game is finally released. Game definitely is trying to have a story and the voice acting is pretty good in the two notes you get in the start. I want to see a thriving town filled with NPC's who don't attack, not sure if this game will do that though.

Anyway, have shelved it for now. Will replay it after a month or so, since they are releasing updates almost every day and the game needs a LOT of work.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
The weakest point of the game to me is the crafting, it's p. uninspired and linear. Actually that goes to anything related to character development. After you start over a few times it starts to get tiring going through the exact same steps.

You cannot favorite the server
works 4 me

4) Player customization is average. They need to add more face choices to jewellery and stuff to help differentiate people more. Right now pretty much everyone looks like everybody else.
Needs weight and body part sliders + tit physics.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So this is where Fallout 4 retards gathered after their other favorite crafting game got boring. Keep on retards. Can you at least promise to not visit normal parts of the Codex?

ArchAngel

Arcane
So this is where Fallout 4 retards gathered after their other favorite crafting game got boring. Keep on retards. Can you at least promise to not visit normal parts of the Codex?

You're here too.
Posting about retards playing the game, not playing the game or posting retarded pictures from the game.
Kind of like people were in F4 topics having fun at those playing it :P

Hobo Elf

Arcane

You're here too.
Posting about retards playing the game, not playing the game or posting retarded pictures from the game.

Excuses. You're just too ashamed to admit that you were attracted by the high cock count of this thread.

ArchAngel

Arcane

You're here too.

Excuses. You're just too ashamed to admit that you were attracted by the high cock count of this thread.
Of there is sure a high cuck count in here :hahano: .. starting with you.

Hobo Elf

Arcane

You're here too.

Of there is sure a high cuck count in here :hahano: .. starting with you.

You deny it with your words but your eyes tell the truth. You're here for the

ArchAngel

Arcane
You keep posting shit like this. You are not making it better for yourself.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
You keep posting shit like this. You are not making it better for yourself.

So we are to believe that you accidentally went to a gay bar just to tell the people there that they are faggots, and then you refused to leave and insisted that you had some business there? Sure, buddy. Sure.

ortucis

Prophet
The weakest point of the game to me is the crafting, it's p. uninspired and linear. Actually that goes to anything related to character development. After you start over a few times it starts to get tiring going through the exact same steps.

You cannot favorite the server
works 4 me

Needs weight and body part sliders + tit physics.

It shows the servers you favorite in-game for you? Doesn't for me.

I thought tit physics already are there. I created female character and tits seem to move, but I only tested it when spawned, after that, got busy building armor. :P

But they need to allow us to tweak the asses and fatness too. I don't like thin asses on women, I want to see child bearing hips and curves.

Also, a tip for people who play on Steam. If you join a server in-game, you can add it to your "Favorite" list inside Steam client (View > Servers) and join the server directly from Steam, I tried it out with Conan, works.

The reason it got boring was not base-building for me, it was the constant crashes and rejoining required. Every time I had to rebuild a base, I actually tried out different architecture and it's pretty fun for people who like building stuff in such games. But I guess it can get boring for those who are looking for action as well. Also, I wasn't expecting some Dark Souls like combat in this game, but I WAS expecting it to look brutal and the hits to "connect" with the enemies (like in Rage), so I hope they improve it ASAP.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
It shows the servers you favorite in-game for you? Doesn't for me.
You have to select favourites in the dropdown list on top to see them.

I thought tit physics already are there. I created female character and tits seem to move, but I only tested it when spawned, after that, got busy building armor. :P
Yeah there is but it's very light bounce.

My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Probably going to give this a spin on the weekend. Any game that allows you to build a giant phallic fortress in honour of your huge dick is worth a shot in my book.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
The bigger your phallic fortress the more people will lag in its vicinity so it adds a pvp bonus. :M

By the way you'll want to avoid building too close to npc/resource spawns as that will cause them stop spawning. It's annoying as fuck to find one of those cannibal villages and it's empty then you notice someone built a small shack next to it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom