Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Conan's "Clueless Gamer" To Become Own Show

GarlandExCon

Arcane
Pretty stoked about this. I love this series.

Conan O’Brien’s ‘Clueless Gamer’ Being Developed as Series at TBS

With his role as TBS’ late-night star in flux, Conan O’Brien is expanding his footprint at the cable channel.

Variety has learned that TBS is developing “Clueless Gamer,” a television series based on a segment from O’Brien’s late-night talk show “Conan.” Originated as a series of online videos and later integrated into the host’s nightly talk show, the segment features O’Brien and various celebrities trying out new video games with which they are unfamiliar.

The spin-off show, which has yet to receive an official series order, is being produced by O’Brien’s company Conaco and IMG. O’Brien would not host the show if it were given a greenlight.

Turner Entertainment chief Kevin Reilly spoke about “Clueless Gamer” in an interview Thursday in which the discussed potential transition of “Conan,” which currently airs weeknights at a 11 p.m., to a once -a-week format. That potential move, which was first reported on Thursday, is, according to Reilly, being driven in large part by O’Brien’s growing role as a producer. The comic also produces comedy “People of Earth” and the upcoming animated series “Final Space” for TBS.

“Next month we’re going to go into production on a new series called ‘Clueless Gamer,’ based on one of [O’Brien’s] viral videos,” Reilly told Variety. “Celebrities play videos and he makes fun of them. It’s really broken out. We’ve had companies sending us their games pre-release.”

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/conan-obrien-clueless-gamer-1201953627/

Garrettt

Educated
What the fuck is the point of making a clueless gamer show if Conan doesn't host it?

What a stupid idea.

DramaticPopcorn

What the fuck is the point of making a clueless gamer show if Conan doesn't host it?

What a stupid idea.
This.
The idea behind Clueless gamer is nothing new, just look at every youtube gaming channel. What this had going for it was Conan's personality.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

What a stupid idea.
This. The segments are popular because of his comedy not because of the other dopes playing. Unless they rotate guest comedians to play?

GarlandExCon

Arcane
I didn't realize that Conan wasn't hosting it. If that's the case, then fuck that.

(Note: I totally read the article as saying he would host it)

Venser

Erudite
This just reminds me how Conan beat pewdiepie at his own game. Put pewds next to a comedian and cringe at how unfunny he is.

Severian Silk

I love Conan. I keep forgetting his show exists.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So it is going to be a show about people who don't know anything about games... playing with people who don't know anything about games.

I remember watching a few episodes of this and i found Conan to be hilarious only because he obviously couldn't give a shit about the gaymes he was being presented with, and for good reason. And the way he kept abusing the retard gaymer was hilarious too, all the more since the guy was just an employee to the show, right? But then he started to get famous guests and i couldn't stand all the phony edgtardism and forced jokes between them.

GarlandExCon

Arcane
The Skyrim episode was funny because he did the mission in Whiterun where he has to get the mammoth tusk. It took them forever to kill the mammoth and then Conan was pissed when he didn't receive a sexual favor in return, lol. It would have been really funny if he went into The Companion's HQ and just stole the tusk that's there.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
MR BUTTONS!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom