Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Condemned?

zwanzig_zwoelf

I just hope that Jace won't transfer the rights to some faggots who will turn Ethan Thomas into a little girl and rape the game in a nasty way that will force me to buy a buttplug.
At least Jace should keep an eye on it at all times and throw crappy ideas and emotional engagement crap out of the window, I think.

A user named cat

At least the encounter design was better and more unsettling than hordes of shitty FEAR clone soldiers over and over.
It was the same thing except fighting one drug addict after another, deploying the same tactics repeatedly. The vast majority of what I played consisted of walking around boring parking lots and dark, drab rooms with no variation. No different than FEAR wandering around bland offices and warehouses fighting one enemy ad nauseum, with predictable horror moments after each area. These shit shooters deployed more tired elements than generic JRPGs, just replace "town-dungeon-town-dungeon" with "office-horror-office-horror" or "dark room-crime scene-dark room-crime scene". You can find more variety even in arena shooters.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Condemned 1 was put together in 14 months 'cause Sega needed a 360 launch title pronto. That put severe pressure on the team so they had no time to fuck around with inane things like multiplayer, deep characters and superfluous gameplay elements. The end result was a structually simple game, but very intense and focused on the few things that were implemented. And it did them well.

Condemned 2 then gave the team more time, more budget, more art resources.... and the whole thing turned almost into a clownish Bioshock clone with a bonkers story. Inferior to Condemned 1, but overall still a worthwhile experience. Would definitely pay 10 Euroshekel for a PC port.

zwanzig_zwoelf

It's a pity that I don't have my own studio, since I have some ideas for a Condemned 3 game, where Ethan is imprisoned for mass murder during Condemned 2 events, since he though he was fighting Oro forces, but that was only a hallucination caused by an enormous amount of alcohol, drugs and his unstable mind. In the beginning, he's constantly haunted by visions, where every man around him has the same metal implants as the final boss of Criminal Origins. When he manages to escape the prison, he realizes that Oro controls the entire country almost openly, and his imprisonment was nothing but a way to cover them. On his way he finds a dead policeman, and attempts to contact Rosa. She tells him to meet her in a specific spot, and tells him about the current state of the country, and she's later revealed to be a major Oro member in disguise, which should fuck up anyone who trusted her as a friendly NPC.

While that confuses the player about whether the events of Condemned 2 were true, it is one of the ways to depict Ethan's unstable mind and salvaging what is possible from Condemned 2 failures to keep the storyline consistent.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
horror games where you have collectibles, "look at the thing"-puzzles and are able to bash your enemies heads in with a pipe are the best. very atmospheric.
i was very afraid of these countless homeless men i tazed and kicked in the bollocks.

it was pretty dumb. the second one apparently was even dumber.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
DETECTIVE WORK *follows blood trail 3 feet, triggering a combat encounter*

Wish they put more into the investigation shit instead of making it inane blood spot / hand print hunt while exposition occurs over the radio and has very little to do with actions.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS YOU ARRWE ALL FAGS

NOT MANY GAMESD GET FIRST PERSON MEELEE DOWN RIGHT

BROS IF YOU WANT TO BEATT THE HOMELESS TO DEATH THIS IS THE GAME FOTER YOU

I HAVE TO FGHT HOMELESS AT WORK BUT IT ISDNAT AS FUN

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
If you don't compare it to the frst part, Condemned 2 is a nice one-timer. The combat is decent, the investigation part is mostly cool, and the bear-in-the-house part was rather original and atmospheric. It's short and has zero replay value, but it does the job.

Shit, I sound like a popamole-lovin' faggot
:negative:

Last edited:

balmorar

Arcane
Queued Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy Edgy
I don't care about horror games but i played this one. They completely ruined it with the bullshit supernatural ghostcrap ending. It was OK until it was like X-Files.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom