Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Console Asses

mondblut

Arcane
(and FPSs like Bloodlines even switch between first and third person when you go from ranged to melee weapons). But I wouldn't really count those as true RPGs anyway.

Fixed :smug:

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
remember-me-back-forth.png

No matter what, I will remember dat ass.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
i don't have a problem with gay console peasants, but this kind of camera perspective seems to infect more and more pc games until it becomes a standard. perhaps it's just that first person rpgs and isometric rpgs get rarer or pc rpgs get rarer. i was searching for new pc rpgs and found dark souls 3, dragons dogma, metal gear solid 5, grand theft auto 5... i know these are all console games and the pc versions are just ports, but where the fuck are the pc rpgs then? what did we get in terms of AAA? fallout 4? twitcher 3? even that is a fucking console game! and it hit me, if these crappy console rpgs would at least have a nice camera perspective they could be worth a few hours. but it seems nobody has any interest in playing these games in first person, so it must have something to do with being for console and for a certain kind of people.

Declinator

Arbiter
i don't have a problem with gay console peasants, but this kind of camera perspective seems to infect more and more pc games until it becomes a standard. perhaps it's just that first person rpgs and isometric rpgs get rarer or pc rpgs get rarer. i was searching for new pc rpgs and found dark souls 3, dragons dogma, metal gear solid 5, grand theft auto 5... i know these are all console games and the pc versions are just ports, but where the fuck are the pc rpgs then? what did we get in terms of AAA? fallout 4? twitcher 3? even that is a fucking console game! and it hit me, if these crappy console rpgs would at least have a nice camera perspective they could be worth a few hours. but it seems nobody has any interest in playing these games in first person, so it must have something to do with being for console and for a certain kind of people.
Fallout 4 might be the right choice for someone who seems to think MGS5 and GTA5 are RPGs.

But seriously, you say that first person and isometric RPGs are getting rarer but you seem to just want first person. Isometric RPGs of reasonable quality have been relatively plentiful lately what with Age of Decadence, Underrail, and Divinity Original Sin to mention a few pretty fresh examples. Of course you might have already played them but it isn't as though other genres are getting quality games all the time either.

It's pointless being bitter about games being in third person perspective just because you have a weird aversion to it.

Also, you can play GTA5 in first person...

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Fallout 4 might be the right choice for someone who seems to think MGS5 and GTA5 are RPGs.

But seriously, you say that first person and isometric RPGs are getting rarer but you seem to just want first person. Isometric RPGs of reasonable quality have been relatively plentiful lately what with Age of Decadence, Underrail, and Divinity Original Sin to mention a few pretty fresh examples. Of course you might have already played them but it isn't as though other genres are getting quality games all the time either.

It's pointless being bitter about games being in third person perspective just because you have a weird aversion to it.

because Age of Decadence, Underrail, and Divinity Original Sin are AAA. face it, the industry forgot all about us.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
So people are bitching about 3rd person games as well. What's next? Bitching about isometric perspective? Fucking Codex man...

Bitching about 2nd person games.

(I know of only one game that has a 2nd-person perspective, let's see if anyone knows it.)

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

because Age of Decadence, Underrail, and Divinity Original Sin are AAA. face it, the industry forgot all about us.
Why do you care about AAA games? Are you a graphic whore? A game is either good or bad, being AAA or not means shit. I'm perfectly fine with an indie AoD or Divintiy OS, I don't want a AAA AoD. AAA just means flashy graphics and full voice acting.

Also, the industry forgot about us a long time ago, wake up!

Reapa

Doom Preacher

Why do you care about AAA games? Are you a graphic whore? A game is either good or bad, being AAA or not means shit. I'm perfectly fine with an indie AoD or Divintiy OS, I don't want a AAA AoD. AAA just means flashy graphics and full voice acting.

all three titles had no party what so ever. so the isometric perspective was pretty much wasted. not to mention all the other flaws each of the games had. there's nothing wrong about wanting good graphics on top of a good game. the problem is we're not getting either. wouldn't you love a nice wiz 8 with skyrim graphics and morrowind atmosphere? well, does it look like you're ever gonna get it? instead we get pixel art on streamlined mechanics. you happy with that shit?

Declinator

Arbiter

all three titles had no party what so ever. so the isometric perspective was pretty much wasted. not to mention all the other flaws each of the games had. there's nothing wrong about wanting good graphics on top of a good game. the problem is we're not getting either. wouldn't you love a nice wiz 8 with skyrim graphics and morrowind atmosphere? well, does it look like you're ever gonna get it? instead we get pixel art on streamlined mechanics. you happy with that shit?
Divinity OS does have a party though. I think the max party size was 4 or 5.

Wiz 8 with Morrowind atmosphere sounds like a fundamentally different game but conversely Morrowind with Wiz 8 combat does sound somewhat interesting. Though to be honest I'd probably prefer Morrowind with Dark Souls combat.

Reapa

Doom Preacher

Divinity OS does have a party though. I think the max party size was 4 or 5.

Wiz 8 with Morrowind atmosphere sounds like a fundamentally different game but conversely Morrowind with Wiz 8 combat does sound somewhat interesting. Though to be honest I'd probably prefer Morrowind with Dark Souls combat.
i only remember something about some coop crap. but that one was the least populated one of the 3. and linear as fuck. and it had tb combat with fucking cooldowns. why the fuck are we even talking about that one?

Llama-Yak Hybrid

Wild Sheep
Dumbfuck
not sure if you ever had the xbox 360 in eastern europe though
Have a laugh with me - X360 came out in eastern europe by the end of 2007(I think majority of them had release in mid 2006) but Xbox Live didn't work until it arrived in two waves... in 2009 and 2011.

Some people bought it on launch, replaced it because of RRoD and waited up to 5 years to be able to use online functions without registering their accounts in the better parts of the world.

Metaphorical cucks.
where the fuck are the pc rpgs then? what did we get in terms of AAA?
Lol, we didn't get nothing.

The Witcher is console series since the second game, Fallout is console game since the first game(it was called 3 for whatever reason though).

As for the thread - stop playing popamole garbage whole the time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom