Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Consoles BTFO

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy

333d042126.png

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
One of the biggest joys of buying a new Samsung 950 PRO SSD was showing Witcher 3 loading times to my console peasant friends. I could almost taste their tears.

"Witcher 3 takes too long to load, whenever I load a save I do some dishes and check on the baby"

PC Masterrace > families and consoles :martini:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
How is that even acceptable? How can they release something like that? What the fuck.

It's not their fault. Console kiddies demand the absolute best brand-new graphics technologies, and Just Cause 3 has large open worlds. The Xbox One's coffin dodger of a clatter hard drive and shit-tier old CPU/RAM (minor effects on load time, but existent) ensure it takes ages to load all those meshes, textures, scripts, etc.

Meanwhile, I'm here with my i7 5930-k, 980 Ti, Samsung 840 EVO, and 144hz/1ms G-Sync monitor playing Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri... but if I wanted to, I could play Just Cause 3 on ultra settings with two- or three-second loading times at 144 FPS and absolutely no lag, tearing, or stuttering of any kind.

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
One of the biggest joys of buying a new Samsung 950 PRO SSD was showing Witcher 3 loading times to my console peasant friends. I could almost taste their tears.

"Witcher 3 takes too long to load, whenever I load a save I do some dishes and check on the baby"

PC Masterrace > families and consoles :martini:

PS4 gets 20fps in Witcher 3 lmao. The whole game is a loading screen.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Meanwhile, I'm here with my i7 5930-k, 980 Ti, Samsung 840 EVO, and 144hz/1ms G-Sync monitor playing Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri... but if I wanted to, I could play Just Cause 3 on ultra settings with two- or three-second loading times at 144 FPS and absolutely no lag, tearing, or stuttering of any kind.

I, too, am in the "Spend $1000+ on a gaming PC, use it to play games from the 90s" boat. In my case, it's mostly arcade games in MAME, but the principle is the same. At least I'm getting some mileage out of my rotatable monitor.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
How is that even acceptable? How can they release something like that? What the fuck.

Because their target audience can eat shit as long as it's well promoted.
It's that simple.
Marketing budget well spend give profits.

Last edited:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Yes it is their fault, because the game is broken as fuck on the PC as well.

That part is indeed their fault, but even if it weren't broken, consoles would still have massive loading times due to the densely-populated (by objects etc., not just characters) game world.

As you can see, despite the other technical issues the game suffers from, it still loads extremely quickly from a fast SSD.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom