Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

(Consoletard) Is a PS Vita worth it?

Heresiarch

Prophet
So I wanted to play Super Robot Wars Z3...but apparently it's only on PS Vita and PS3. A quick googling shows that it's still 5 to 10 years away from a possible release of their emulators. Oh well.

PS3 is outdated for me so no go for that. Yet for some reason it's difficult to find a proper quotation of a PS Vita; the info I find online shows it's like 230+ EUR for a whole set or something. Besides, I don't know any other game aside from that side scrolling ACT with a witch with hueg bewbs that is worth to play. I'm pretty outdated in the handheld console field.

So is a PS Vita worth it just to play SRW Z3 or should I wait for 5 years until an emulator comes out? No "die consolefag" please.

zwanzig_zwoelf

As far as I know, PSV has little to no games for it, apart from spin-offs to popular titles (shit like Call of Duty, Uncharted, Killzone) and tons of japanese-only stuff.
Unless you've got money to burn for a console that has barely 10 worthy games for it, the answer is 'no'.

A horse of course

No, unless there's some really specific game you're interested in. Its biggest draws are either pseudo-AAA titles like Killzone and Assassin's Creed spinoffs, JRPGs, and Dragon's Crown. Really, you may as well get a Wii U for a similar prize and better exclusives, or an ipad/android tablet for the handful of worthwhile mobile games.

Martius

Liturgist
Check if that game is compatible with playstation tv. Maybe that could be better option since its cheaper.

Heresiarch

Prophet
Ugh, most of the games you guys mentioned are completely yuck to me. It seems that even the 3DS is a much better choice compared to it.

Perhaps off topic, it seems like saving up money for a PS4 + Bloodborne would be an even better choice...then again there's no other game aside from Bloodborne that would worth to buy the console...in addition of a TV (I don't have a TV at home).

Rpgsaurus Rex

Don't have a Vita but looking at some titles:

Dragon's Crown
Muramasa Rebirth
Zero Escape
Danganronpa 2

Not bad. I'd definitely consider buying one, if only to play a sequel to 999.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
You can find some dung crawlers but othwerwise - NOPE.

Better to wait for the system death (aka no new consoles released and manufactured) and see if there is anything. See - PSP case.

there should be more HD releases of PS3 exclusives
You forgot games from PSX, PS2 and PSP avaliable from PSNetwork. More expensive than physical copies, with promotions once per year.
Welcome to the future.

Last edited:

A horse of course

If you're not a hardKKKore consoletard like me I would wait until a while after Buttborne's release to get a PS4. I bought it on release and it still has
no gaemz
By the time there's another price cut, there should be more HD releases of PS3 exclusives running at 900p and silky-smooth 15-25fps

Martius

Liturgist
Perhaps off topic, it seems like saving up money for a PS4 + Bloodborne would be an even better choice...then again there's no other game aside from Bloodborne that would worth to buy the console...in addition of a TV (I don't have a TV at home).
If you have monitor with dvi its just matter of buying cable or adapter (plus some headphones since ps4 pad have jack). I think even you could connect it through vga but for that more expensive converter would be needed.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
pray to odin that the private key is leaked, that's the only way you'll get to play some of the japan exclusives in 10-15 years.
Or, you could learn japonese and be a good little peon but who are we kidding here.

Perkel

Arcane
If you like indie games you have on your PC and you have spare money.. yes. Especially 1000 as OLED is simply amazing thing.
If you actually want to buy a console to play exclusive games for it... no, because there are like 5 of them and only 1 worth it.

Siveon

Bot
Speaking as a Vita owner, no.

Unless you're some kind of Monster-Hunter clone junkie, speak Japanese, have an unnatural fascination for the mediocre, or just desperately want to play a specific set of indie games on the crapper, I wouldn't recommend adopting Sony's abandoned child.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I now have a playstation TV and for me it is worth it. I have a huge back cataloge of PSP games that i love and want to keep playing (Valkyrie Chronicles 2 dose not work for some reason) and i am a monster hunter fan so for me it is worth it.

HOW EVER are you not a JRPG or Monster Hunter fan then it is not worth it.

Now to wait until my version of Persona 4 golden arrives.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Vita is worth it if:
a) You spend A LOT of time in transport and want to fill it with quality gaming
b) You love JRPGs (and now Vita catalogue becomes more and more appealing)

Anyway, this is how it works for me.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
I now have a playstation TV and for me it is worth it. I have a huge back cataloge of PSP games that i love and want to keep playing (Valkyrie Chronicles 2 dose not work for some reason) and i am a monster hunter fan so for me it is worth it.

HOW EVER are you not a JRPG or Monster Hunter fan then it is not worth it.

Now to wait until my version of Persona 4 golden arrives.
Enjoy the fanfic-tier story additions.

Seriously, Marie is awful.

Siveon

Bot
Vita is worth it if:
a) You spend A LOT of time in transport and want to fill it with quality gaming
b) You love JRPGs (and now Vita catalogue becomes more and more appealing)

Anyway, this is how it works for me.

Debatable. As a handheld, the 3DS has got it beat hands down, imo.

Unless you're including all the PS1 and PSP games. In that department though, it's still lacking. Even the more prominent games on the previous platforms got shafted digitally.

Enjoy the fanfic-tier story additions.

Seriously, Marie is awful.

It's pretty easy to just ignore her altogether though.

Duraframe300

Arcane
If you're going to get Persona 4 Golden don't forget to play on the highest difficulty.

Its really, really, really easy. To the point that its impossible to lose on the lowest.

Duraframe300

Arcane
what's the point?

it just requires more grinding, no?

Never spent much time grinding in this one even on highest. Especially not compared to other jrpgs.

Ofc, if you hate the combat, you might as well choose lowest and try to avoid everything else. Though that also closes you off a bit from other gameplay elements like the persona fusion.
An often critizized aspect of the modern persona games is that battles play out similiary. Like buffing, weakness targeting and then all out attacks. Be aware that on lowest not even that is needed. Its boring as hell.

So, really if youre playing low just avoid all combat when you can.

Edit: Sorry, thought you were the dude who initially questioned about the game.

J1M

Arcane
So I wanted to play Super Robot Wars Z3...but apparently it's only on PS Vita and PS3. A quick googling shows that it's still 5 to 10 years away from a possible release of their emulators. Oh well.

PS3 is outdated for me so no go for that. Yet for some reason it's difficult to find a proper quotation of a PS Vita; the info I find online shows it's like 230+ EUR for a whole set or something. Besides, I don't know any other game aside from that side scrolling ACT with a witch with hueg bewbs that is worth to play. I'm pretty outdated in the handheld console field.

So is a PS Vita worth it just to play SRW Z3 or should I wait for 5 years until an emulator comes out? No "die consolefag" please.
Find a stupid friend and borrow one for a week.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom