Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Consortium: The Tower - now available on Early Access

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
CONSORTIUM: The Tower is the type of game that is perfect for Fig.

Damning.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/idgi/consortium-the-tower/posts/1509101

Intermission Update #2 -- Community Forum!

Hey folks,

There are just a couple of things we'd like to talk about real quick as we move toward our upcoming Fig campaign.

Interdimensional Games Public Community Forum
First off, we've fiiinally setup a community forum.

Up until now we've been active on the Steam forum for Consortium, and we'll continue to be so, but we thought it was about time to have an internal forum where anyone can swing by and voice whatever you may have on your mind about Consortium, The Tower, the meta-fiction (ARG), or anything in between.

Consortium 1 backers: If you participated in the development Forum for the first campaign, you will find your user is in the new system, complete with whatever status you had before. Think of this as a transformed version of the dev forum, with all of the old content archived away.

You will notice that other than broad categories, the Forum is a clean slate. It is ready to become whatever you, the fans, make of it. Come by and say hi. :)

Fig Concerns
We also thought it might be a good idea to explain the Fig plan a little bit more, and to address any expectations you may be having. The campaign itself is best seen as an extension to this campaign – meaning we're still very much in late stage pre-production, and we still do not have a playable demo (we keep being told to "release a playable demo!" so thought we should make this clear).

We do have a couple new things planned for the campaign, but you will still see some repeated content from the updates already posted here to KS.

There is no doubt that we will need as many of you folks to follow us to the new campaign as possible in order for us to be successful! 4,616 of you were willing to shell out some of your hard-earned cash to help us raise a budget to allow us to realize The Tower. By backing us on Fig, ALL of your money will actually be going towards our budget, so even if you have issues with the investment side of Fig, you can still back us for rewards and know that all your money is going directly towards our project!

In general we'd like to hear any and all specific concerns regarding Fig that you may have so that we can attempt to address them. Post below, message us directly through KS or start a discussion in the new Forum!

More next week!

-- iDGi and The Tower team

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Fig doesn't take a cut? They make money just from the investment scam then?
Seems to me they also get a part of the Kickstarter userbase familiar with their platform, a thing they desperately need. Cause who the fuck pledges on Fig?

Antigoon

Augur
At least they didn't lower their goal by that much. Still a bit weird to re-launch a campaign so soon after it failed the first time.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not launching today: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/idgi/consortium-the-tower/posts/1516897

Intermission Update #3 - Sign up for becoming a super backer!

Dear treasured backers of Consortium: The Tower:

To address the question that you are all thinking: is the campaign launching tomorrow?

For a few very important reasons, we are postponing the official launch of Consortium: The Tower on Fig by a few weeks (more on that below). However, we are now starting the process to convert you all to Super Backers for the new campaign! We ask that you please fill out the form linked below as soon as possible.

CLICK HERE to access the Super Backer Sign Up Form.
Regarding the campaign timing, there are three principle reasons we’re moving it:

1) We attended GDC last week and the amount of amazing new stuff that was on display was breathtaking. The press will be busy throughout this entire week with news from the show, and we want to avoid competing with that for attention.

2) We are aiming to put together an awesome campaign to help ensure our success, and we’ve been working closely with the fine folks at Fig to accomplish this - but we need more time to get everything ready! We aren’t ready to announce the exact day for the launch of the campaign, but it will be revealed soon. At the absolute latest, we’re looking at 3-4 weeks, but it’s entirely possible we will launch earlier.

3) We want to make sure that all of you have plenty of time to claim your super backer status. This will ensure that on launch day you will properly receive an email with a custom code that will enable you to back us on Fig as a super backer. The form we created (link above) allows us to use a 3rd party email tool, meaning we’re not relying on the Kickstarter mailing system to properly send out 4600 custom e-mails in one day.

To reiterate: it is imperative that you fill out the form as soon as possible, as this will allow launch day to go as smoothly as it can. We’ll send out a few more reminders about it as we approach the launch date on Fig.

Finally, the previously teased introduction of iDGi Twitch streaming is still on its way. Watch for an update on that later this week…

We appreciate your continued patience and support, and we hope to see all of you back on board come launch day!

Sincerely,

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
1) We attended GDC last week and the amount of amazing new stuff that was on display was breathtaking. The press will be busy throughout this entire week with news from the show

- Tyranny
- ???

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
It looks like both of the current Figstarters are failing, including the heavily marketed Kevin Smith thing. That might be a better reason to delay things.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Yikes: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/idgi/consortium-the-tower/posts/1538266

We’ve got some exciting news for you all: a release date for the Fig Campaign for The Tower! We’ve been putting in some long hours getting the page and tech ready for the launch, which will be on Wednesday, April 6th. That’s right, two days away!

If you’re curious on how Fig differs from Kickstarter, feel free to ask us questions in the comments, or head over to The Fig Website and take a look at how they put it in their own terms. We’ve been working quite closely with their team getting ready for the launch, and we’re really excited about the potential this represents!

As a reminder, those who haven’t yet sent in the form to properly set up your Super Backer status should do so before the launch of the campaign. The deadline to do this is 24 hours from when this update is released.

CLICK HERE to access the Super Backer Sign Up Form.
Twitch Streaming

We’ve talked about this a few times, but we’re finally ready to unveil it: The Official iDGi Twitch Channel. You can find the Channel HERE, and we’re going to be kicking it off with a Stream of Gregory doing some level design in Hammer (This is the Source Engine Utility that we used to create Consortium). He’ll also be answering questions about level design, game design and the Consortium franchise.

The broadcast will be on Thursday, April 7th at 1:00pm, so tune in for some insights into game development!

Thank you all for your continued support of Consortium: The Tower. We appreciate that you’ve been waiting patiently for us to unveil our launch date, and we look forward to seeing you on Fig!

Sincerely,

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Live on Fig now: https://www.fig.co/campaigns/consortium-the-tower

I got this email (links removed)

Hello,

Today is the day you've all been waiting for! Thank you for all your support of CONSORTIUM: The Tower and for sticking with this project the whole way through. You are the Super Backers! To claim your Super Backer status, please click the link to Fig below that contains your single-use Super Backer code and follow the steps below.
  1. Choose the Bundle level at or above $20 CONSORTIUM INITIATE
  2. In the next screen in the pledge flow, you should see two unlocked and automatically selected Extras under the Bundle description:
    • One to give you a $1 discount and ensure that you get the rewards from your previous pledge
    • One for claiming your Super Backer benefits and status
  3. Click Finish Pledge in the upper right to be shown the Stripe checkout step where you can enter your Debit or Credit Card and click the blue button.
Thank You! You’ve pledged, now three of your friends can get a discount. They’ll get up to $10 off of the $50 CONSORTIUM ROOK Bundle or higher by using single use codes in these links (their discount is applied in the second step of the pledge flow with an automatically selected discount Extra under the Bundle):

If you have any questions at all, feel free to reach out to us at help@fig.co.

Thank you all for your continued support of CONSORTIUM: The Tower. We appreciate that you’ve been waiting patiently for us to unveil our launch date, and we look forward to seeing you on Fig!

ArchAngel It's time.

Last edited:

Antigoon

Augur
OK so they suddenly need 150k less, they lowered the price for the game AND have this free-games-forever superbacker shit. Good luck with the 3rd game if that one reaches the magically 102% funding
Edit: Yeah or not. Forgot KS was in CAD

ArchAngel

Arcane
3rd game will hopefully be financed from sales of 2nd game. If 2nd game also does not earn them money, they should not bother with 3rd because than they are just a studio with good ideas that they don't know how to turn into good games.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
For 2k you can do "beer tasting" with one of Bioware's founders. Travel and lodging not included. I wonder if I can get a better deal if I contact the founder directly?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Here's a quick breakdown of the funding options:

f7f0832d4e.png

I'm rooting for this one. There's no way I'm paying another cent for any crowdfunded game on any crowdfunding platform after some of the shenanigans that have transpired in the past several years, but The Tower looks like it might be p. cool.

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
I hope they will get money. First game may not be masterpiece, but it was very interesting. If they will do same thing with second one... Well, I will be happy.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
There's no way I'm paying another cent for any crowdfunded game on any crowdfunding platform after some of the shenanigans that have transpired in the past several years,

You never did that review for Wasteland 2: Director's Cut. And after dropping $1000 on it too. :)

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
There's no way I'm paying another cent for any crowdfunded game on any crowdfunding platform after some of the shenanigans that have transpired in the past several years,

You never did that review for Wasteland 2: Director's Cut. And after dropping $1000 on it too. :)

I did an abbreviated review. Here, I'll quote myself:

It's shit.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
You also did a few other ones:

I'm really not seeing that the beginning of the game is as humdrum as people often say. I've played through a fair portion of Wasteland 2 before (though nowhere near as far as some who played the beta), and I think it's fairly engaging, especially if someone is in the process of familiarizing themselves with the game.

It's pretty damned good. It's not JA2 or TFTD, but it's enjoyable and rewarding, and your team's positioning, choice of gear/skills, and tactics do matter.

Hey, do you remember Arcanum? Do you remember the combat in that game? Yeah? What the fuck were you expecting, here? Fuck's sake, the combat in a cRPG just not being total shit is a rare accomplishment. Wasteland 2's combat is eminently playable, and best of all, it's old skool enough to troll nineteen-year-old console morons who've been trained to expect victory on a platter.

I'd call WL2's combat about as serviceable as Fallout's combat overall, though in different ways. Actually, I think it's probably superior in a tactical sense.

Well, this game is highly moddable. Since mere head and body shots constitute a horrible lack of basic options, we'll mod in eye shots, finger shots, hand shots, scalp shots, ear shots, elbow and armpit shots, upper arm shots, forearm shots, shoulder shots, knee shots, crotch shots, butt shots, teeth shots, thigh shots, upper leg shots, foot shots, lower leg shots, and four different quadrants of torso.

Game of the century right there. :5/5:

My experience with aimed shots in the Fallouts especially is either you're an eyeholing turbosniper, or you don't bother (or better yet, get Fast Shot). Classic illusion of choice stuff right there.

Normalizing those scores for a percentile scale (4/5 becomes 80%, 8.5 becomes 85%, etc.), the average score among them all is 81.9%.

Seems pretty fair, actually, though for the monocled it's already 9/10. A few patches, tweaks, and perhaps a mod or two down the road? A solid 9/10 for anyone.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
You also did a few other ones:

I'm really not seeing that the beginning of the game is as humdrum as people often say. I've played through a fair portion of Wasteland 2 before (though nowhere near as far as some who played the beta), and I think it's fairly engaging, especially if someone is in the process of familiarizing themselves with the game.

It's pretty damned good. It's not JA2 or TFTD, but it's enjoyable and rewarding, and your team's positioning, choice of gear/skills, and tactics do matter.

Hey, do you remember Arcanum? Do you remember the combat in that game? Yeah? What the fuck were you expecting, here? Fuck's sake, the combat in a cRPG just not being total shit is a rare accomplishment. Wasteland 2's combat is eminently playable, and best of all, it's old skool enough to troll nineteen-year-old console morons who've been trained to expect victory on a platter.

I'd call WL2's combat about as serviceable as Fallout's combat overall, though in different ways. Actually, I think it's probably superior in a tactical sense.

Well, this game is highly moddable. Since mere head and body shots constitute a horrible lack of basic options, we'll mod in eye shots, finger shots, hand shots, scalp shots, ear shots, elbow and armpit shots, upper arm shots, forearm shots, shoulder shots, knee shots, crotch shots, butt shots, teeth shots, thigh shots, upper leg shots, foot shots, lower leg shots, and four different quadrants of torso.

Game of the century right there. :5/5:

My experience with aimed shots in the Fallouts especially is either you're an eyeholing turbosniper, or you don't bother (or better yet, get Fast Shot). Classic illusion of choice stuff right there.

Normalizing those scores for a percentile scale (4/5 becomes 80%, 8.5 becomes 85%, etc.), the average score among them all is 81.9%.

Seems pretty fair, actually, though for the monocled it's already 9/10. A few patches, tweaks, and perhaps a mod or two down the road? A solid 9/10 for anyone.

:slamdunk:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom