Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mechajammer (formerly Copper Dreams) - cyberpunk RPG from Whalenought Studios

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's not so bad for someone to ask for one that is not made from real leather. He didn't ask for all of them to be replaced or something, so I think it's ok and probably easily doable.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
vegans are the most beta people on earth. their ancestors eat meat for ten thousands of years, and they suddenly "oooh animals are friends! not food!" yeah. tell that to much 500 grams sirloin steak, bitch.

on the other hand, why is kickstarter seems to slow down on weekend? this one slowed down (due to the fact, the physical goodies people probablt got it all) plus insomnia is slowing down on weekend too.

Whalenought_Joe

Whalenought Studios
Developer
on the other hand, why is kickstarter seems to slow down on weekend?

Kickstarters and most social media stuff are usually slower on a weekend without folks browsing at work. Our initial goal was to have a good start for Monday so we're hoping that pans out, we're going in almost halfway there after a few days which is really great. This will ultimately be determined by any shoutouts or news articles spreading awareness during the week, so we'll be doing what we can then.

Metal Hurlant

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
From the comments:
The handbook is pretty but could we maybe get one without animal parts involved?

Really?! You want a vegan game?!!

Maybe the question should be asked, are developers vegan to make a vegan game? Perhaps the next SJW agenda for the games industry will be and adding the clause to their games: our developers are vegan and no animals were harmed in the making of this game.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
vegans are the most beta people on earth. their ancestors eat meat for ten thousands of years, and they suddenly "oooh animals are friends! not food!" yeah. tell that to much 500 grams sirloin steak, bitch.

Alternatively it's funny how people think that eating packaged meats puts them on the same level as our ancestors who hunt for their own food. :positive:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron

Alternatively it's funny how people think that eating packaged meats puts them on the same level as our ancestors who hunt for their own food. :positive:
nah, we just found more effective way to slaugther and keep the animals.

like those lifestocks? they have no purpose aside from being eaten, parts and product harvested and breed so their children can do the same. the animals who were hunted at least was free before they were killed.

modern day humans found a way to enslave several species and provide nourishment for us so we can build even a better way to slaughter them. barns and farms are pretty much concentration camps for our would be steaks, bacons and fried chicken, now that's metal

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
I wonder if they could make a character model of me to go along with my portrait? :troll:

latest
:troll:

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
From the comments:
The handbook is pretty but could we maybe get one without animal parts involved?

This is the only thing that gave me momentary pause when going for the collector's box. Could I live with myself having dead deer on my bookshelf. Then I remembered that oaks had to be cut down to create the book cover and realised that I'm a terrible person, destroying the world with my avarice. Moral dilemma solved, at least for the moment.

Joe said in reply that it could be possible, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
From the comments:

This is the only thing that gave me momentary pause when going for the collector's box. Could I live with myself having dead deer on my bookshelf. Then I remembered that oaks had to be cut down to create the book cover and realised that I'm a terrible person, destroying the world with my avarice. Moral dilemma solved, at least for the moment.

Indeed.

Here are 10 things you thought were vegan that may not be—and that you may not be able to avoid.

1. Glue
Could the books you own not be vegan? Veganissimo states that animal glue is traditionally used in paper and wood processing, bookbinding, painting, conservation/restoration and for making musical instruments and furniture. Animal glue can be made of animal proteins such as gelatin, which is created by boiling animal tissues.

2. Photo prints
Photos, both printed commercially and at-home, use paper that contains gelatin. Alternatives? Non-photo quality paper.

3. Vaccines
Your flu shot as well as any other vaccine you get is not entirely free of animal substances, according to Veganissimo. Classically, vaccines were created by infecting pathogens into fertilized chicken eggs, then destroying the eggs and extracting the pathogen serum. Modern methods include using cell cultures obtained from the tissues of animals, such as dog kidneys. These samples can be reproduced without addition sample-taking from animals.

4. LCD screens and displays
Liquid crystals found in screens on TVs, computers and cell phones may be based on cholesterol taken from animals.

5. Batteries
Gelatin is used in metal processing to improve metal's structure, such as cadmium in batteries. Animal fats and gelatin are used in many technical applications to which we owe the comforts of our life… and "at present it is extremely difficult—it not impossible—to find alternatives," write the authors.

6. Vitamin D
Some vitamin D dietary supplements source vitamin D3 from animals. Look for vitamin D3 supplements that are produced from non-animal sources and clearly labeled "vegan."

7. Clear fruit juices, beer and wine
Gelatin, egg white, isinglass (fish glue), casein (milk protein) or activated carbon are the top choices for the "fined" process, which clears beverages of cloudy substances. The only way to know if an animal substance wasn't used is to ask the producer.

8. Bone china tableware
This type of pure white, fine china is made of porcelain that contains bone ash, the residue from burned animal bones. Earthenware or porcelain that's creamy white, or mineral in origin, can be substituted.

9. Sponges (Porifera)
Natural sea sponges are plant-like animals that live on the sea floor, and used in the bath, for home cleaning or watercolor painting. Seems obvious, but I hadn't stopped to think about this one before. Synthetic sponges are alternatives.

10. Pharmaceutical drugs
Lots of drugs contain hidden animal substances in the form of excipients, ingredients that stabilize or bulk the medicine. The most commonly used substance is lactose (milk sugar), which can be found in tablets. Another is gelatin, which is found frequently in capsules. Look for vegan alternatives which include starch or cellulose.

Ninjerk

Arcane
What is the actual moral high ground for veg- types? That the plants don't have nerve endings?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Eggs and milk don't have nerve endings too, but vegans don't consume those. I think they argue that products from animals are extracted with cruelty. I think it's just a badly informed fad.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
What is the actual moral high ground for veg- types? That the plants don't have nerve endings?

Veganism is not just about animal cruelty, but also about the carbon footprint. Hardcore vegans only consume plants fertilized with night soil and eshew the use of electricity altogether, which is one of the most environmentally conscious lifestyles possible.

Mustawd

Veganism is not just about animal cruelty, but also about the carbon footprint.

I always found this argument quite strange. Wouldn't increasing consumption of vegetables, like in veganism, actually increase your carbon footprint? I mean if you consider the amount of deforestation needed to increase agriculture that much on a massive scale, it might even be worse for the environment.

Unless they're just considering their small individual impact and don't actually think more of the world should become vegan...*shrug*

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Joe said in reply that it could be possible, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Veganism is not just about animal cruelty, but also about the carbon footprint. Hardcore vegans only consume plants fertilized with night soil and eshew the use of electricity altogether, which is one of the most environmentally conscious lifestyles possible.

double-facepalm1.jpg

This world is sooooooo doomed............. :negative:

almondblight

Arcane

I'm willing to bet that no one in this thread would have a problem with cutting a bush down. Probably 98% of the people here would have a problem if I gave them a live chicken and a pair of scissors, and told them to get to work. Most people have a pretty incoherent outlook on things like this. They'll talk about how vegans are nuts because they're concerned about animal welfare, then they'll say that a danish zoo that kills a single giraffe is evil.

Because most countries have laws against these sorts of things and only a small number of farms cage their animals like this. I may be mistaken though.

In the U.S. at least, this guy:

chick670.jpg

gets thrown into a shredder alive if he's male. You can check out videos of chick culling if you like. In my experience, most meat eaters have trouble watching them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom