Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mechajammer (formerly Copper Dreams) - cyberpunk RPG from Whalenought Studios

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Very unlikely, but who knows what cover they'll get after the goal is hit. In their case, more $ generally equals more development time.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Aww yes, so close.

VuMxoEJ.gif

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
It seems strange to me that this game has taken so long to hit the goal (and no stretch goals) with so much hype going for it from respected studios and media outlets. It seems like a new codex favourite. Eh.

40.000 isn't even that much money, compared to alot of other kickstarters. I hope it will be sufficient, tho. To make this game into something great.

ushas

Savant
Infinitron said:
Excidium II said:
ITZ HAPPENING

CRPGs discovered z-axis.

People here were more skeptical when these guys announced it: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...etric-rpg-from-former-cd-projekt-devs.102178/

Ok, Seven is obviously different game - an action RPG, using UE4, not party-based, probably different approach how z-axis works with 3D graphics (I recall Joe & Hannah saying something that in CD it's tile-based), etc.

However, it still shares some common emphases like visibility & hearing mechanics (influenced by day/night cycle) and using z-axis in a "3D isometric rpg" (jumping, climbing).

Might be useful to keep eye on it just for comparison. (is it possible somebody from press will ask?...)

There is developer's talk about Seven on Digital Dragons:
Karolina Kuzia & Jakub Rokosz: Fool's Errand:Let's make an RPG!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twfxKDoFNmU

I haven't listened to that enough to know whether there is something useful in regards of Copper Dreams. Just accidentally clicked on it because of the talk's name. I guess it was naive of me to think that Fool's theory developers would want to make Fool's Errand into an rpg game:)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Codex fundraiser men. Let's do it

We're not going to get much done in <48 hours. Maybe we could extend it beyond that, but I think the excitement would be over then. Might just end up being a way for Codexers without credit cards to pledge.

Whalenought_Joe Do you guys intend to open up PayPal donation?

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Codex fundraiser men. Let's do it

We're not going to get much done in <48 hours. Maybe we could extend it beyond that, but I think the excitement would be over then. Might just end up being a way for Codexers without credit cards to pledge.

Ok I guess I'll throw my money directly to them then.. I want to get potatoes with meaning damn it!

Whalenought_Joe

Whalenought Studios
Developer

They told me last night they were setting it up.

Yep, we'll have an update out later today addressing Paypal and what's coming next.

Made the goal! Thank you all so much for the support, this was a long one, can't believe we made it! Hannah said you may be the #2 Referrer but you'll always be #1 in our heart.

Jinn

Arcane
Congrats, Whalenought! You guys are awesome and deserved way more support, but I'm glad you guys got funded in the end. I have the utmost faith this project will be one of the best RPGs I've ever played.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom