Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Corpse Crew Alpha Version 0.4A (Want your input)

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
The Vanished One said:
Trash said:
You do realise that Cleve created a few dozen C64 games for Ahoy! magazine that were marvels both technical and gameplay wise?
Links? Just curious.

35 Clevelandian games for download:

http://members.shaw.ca/cue64/ahoycleve.html

"Many of these games pushed the limits of the computers and used graphics features other programmer's avoided (for example - Dark Fortress is a two player adventure game where each player has their own separate monitor to play on – C-128 with both 40 AND 80 column monitors required)."

Get yourself a C64 emulator, like cc64, and try those games out.

The Grimoire beta from 1997 is still floating around as well.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Apoc_Tao said:
Well, it appears that you simply suck as a programmer. Planning ahead and having restraint and self-control are simply some of the most important things a programmer can bring into a project, baring his coding knowledge and ingenuity.

Which shows you don't work outside of intern level as a programmer.

It's the number one problem in development in general for a wide variety of reasons, same problem with different aspects.

A veteran would know these things. You don't because you're a kid with more confidence than brains.

Apoc_Tao said:
You claimed these models were great looking. They simply look like shit. They might have been alright for a game developed in 1997 or earlier, but nowadays modelers generally use more than 100 polygons in their characters(in case you don't know that). Those zombies belong in Alone in the Dark 2, not in a modern game.

Also, if these models represent the standard you are using for your game, I completely understand why you are so embarrassed to post screenshots of it. Your game would hurt the eyes of anyone who isn't a time traveler from the last decade.

If you knew the story in my fantastic game, the one I've been planning to use since the beginning, you'd know why these models are perfect for my needs.

If the game does well it will get ported to at least three other platforms and these models low poly counts will be extremely helpful when that happens. More stuff you don't understand. Stop sneering so much. It's like you don't even remember what you're sneering about half the time. The nature of nerdrage is that it never makes much sense as such.

Go to work on your own game and show me how it's done. You make it all sound so easy, I'm sure it'd be a snap for you.

callehe

Liturgist
Cleve, join Iron Tower Studio, and get VD to curb your masochistic perfectionist tendencies when you get a job on his next game :wink:

denizsi

Arcane
By design? You mean by, like, *gulp*, Flying Spaghetti Monster?

Also, has anyone noticed that what Cleve has described himself falls in line (except for the boarding entry points) with what I've described? Quite a coincidence. Or IS IT?

Secretninja

Cipher
Cleve said:
If the game does well it will get ported to at least three other platforms and these models low poly counts will be extremely helpful when that happens. More stuff you don't understand.
lolwut

Apoc_Tao

Novice
Cleveland Mark Blakemore said:
Apoc_Tao said:
Well, it appears that you simply suck as a programmer. Planning ahead and having restraint and self-control are simply some of the most important things a programmer can bring into a project, baring his coding knowledge and ingenuity.

Which shows you don't work outside of intern level as a programmer.

It's the number one problem in development in general for a wide variety of reasons, same problem with different aspects.

A veteran would know these things. You don't because you're a kid with more confidence than brains.

LOL

Well, you say I'm wrong and then you end up supporting my previous argument? What is it, chump? You know I'm right. Self control and intelligent planning are vital for a programmer, specially one working without constant supervision. That's the reason a fool like you can never finish anything unless there is an intelligent person around pulling your strings.That's also the reason my salary has six figures and your has four. That's also the reason I'm well employed while you are holding pathetic federal jobs down under.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore said:
Apoc_Tao said:
You claimed these models were great looking. They simply look like ####. They might have been alright for a game developed in 1997 or earlier, but nowadays modelers generally use more than 100 polygons in their characters(in case you don't know that). Those zombies belong in Alone in the Dark 2, not in a modern game.

Also, if these models represent the standard you are using for your game, I completely understand why you are so embarrassed to post screenshots of it. Your game would hurt the eyes of anyone who isn't a time traveler from the last decade.

If you knew the story in my fantastic game, the one I've been planning to use since the beginning, you'd know why these models are perfect for my needs.

If the game does well it will get ported to at least three other platforms and these models low poly counts will be extremely helpful when that happens. More stuff you don't understand. Stop sneering so much. It's like you don't even remember what you're sneering about half the time. The nature of nerdrage is that it never makes much sense as such.

Go to work on your own game and show me how it's done. You make it all sound so easy, I'm sure it'd be a snap for you.

So, what's the "story" behind your "fantastic" game? You got me curious. Is it some graphical homage to the Nintendo64 hits of 1996? Is it a sci-fi story about the invasion of horrendously cubical zombies that crawled out of Picasso's "Guernica"? I'm very curious about how on earth can the game story justify having crappy amateur graphics.

As for porting, sorry, but modern platforms don't need cartoony box characters that have a few dozen polygons. Unless you are developing your game with the Sega Saturn market in mind. Are you? I would say that's not a very good plan. But that's little compared to the fact that you lie. You claimed your game was on the graphical level of Fallout 3 and other modern games. Well, I'm gonna be really nice, and break it down to you. In order for those zombies to compare to the graphics in modern games you would have to:

*Add 700% more geometry in their meshes

*Multiply their texture resolution by 10

*Create normal and specular maps

*Remake the animations

I suggest you hire a professional artist, that's what I'm doing for my game project. Buying cheap and crappy models out of some third grade marketplace is a miserable thing to do. Even for you.

But really, nobody here takes you seriously. This thread is embarrassing Cleve, even for your very low standards. Is there even a game to begin with? How long will you keep describing the awesome graphics and the incredible gameplay without showing anything? well, for me it's obvious. There's no game. You are just a sad little troll trying to roleplay a game developer after having failed too much. You are a joke.

And yes, unlike you, I can certainly say that I'm competent and intelligent enough to release a professional game in a few years. I will surely send you a free copy of my post-apocalyptic rpg when it's released. Perhaps you can use it as a case study in competence. You kind of need to learn the meaning of the word in order to become an efficient programmer. Perhaps after you do that, you might finally finish a game and quit being a laughing stock.

wrathofdog

Scholar
Apoc_Tao said:
characters-real-zombies-3d_14.jpg

characters-real-zombies-3d_03.jpg

Those look pretty good, actually. Perfectly serviceable zombies.

They don't count as the promised screenshots, though, Cleve. If you're as much of a perfectionist as you say, you know that the longer you wait to show us some, the harder it's going to be to do it. And you know that someone on the Codex is going to laugh at them no matter how good they are. So just post some, Cleve! Let's see 'em.

MisterStone

Arcane
Those models don't look much worse than the models for early (or even current) M&B. Maybe the textures could be a little better, I dunno. Who cares? People love M&B regardless of it being a bit weak in the graphics department, because it is unique and loads of fun.

You should play M&B Cleve, if you haven't checked it out yet.

Kaiserin

Liturgist
Apoc_Tao said:
I'm sensing a 15 year old graphics whore who has no idea what is in store for them at this website.(Chefe)

sheek

Arbiter
Freelance Henchman said:
Apoc_Tao said:
roleplay a game developer

You know, I think there might be a market for a game like that.
www.veloci.dk/gamebiz/gb2

You can choose Leadership, Software or Hardware strengths for your character at the start, so it's an RPG.

By the way Cleve, you're in that game's database, under the Miscellaneous Employees section. I think you had just average stats but were good value for money, I bought you (free phone connection + 2 weeks training a year) in my last game.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Single guy with autism and track record makes the latest game. Can't wait!!

This is turning into the ultimate Cleve thread, the one to rule them all.

Apoc_Tao

Novice
Well, I'm far from a "graphics whore". If Cleve was humble I would actually not bash the crappy and cheap graphics he is using. Remember he was just saying that his awesome game visuals (which he apparently put together in a few days) made Penumbra's graphics look "sad" in comparison.

What's really funny is that judging by the way those zombies look, his game must be the Zombie FPS equivalent of Vogel's games( as far as graphics are concerned, that is). It's easy to understand *why* he will never post screenshots of his game. After his crazy descriptions, only photoshopped Fallout 3 screens would live up to the hype.

Apoc_Tao

Novice
:bump:

Ouch, I guess I must have touched a nerve there. Poor little Cleveland lowered his head and went hiding in his bunker. Shed a tear. I guess this is the last time we will ever hear about "Corpse Crew". Oh well, who would have though that such a promising project would share the same fate as "Wake of the Comet" or "Grimoire"? This world is so full of surprises.

Well, you really disappoint me, Cleve. I thought you would actually man up and post screenshots of whatever it is that you got going. It seems that after all those years you became nothing but a sad troll loser. A pale shadow of the man that once created games such as "Vault of Terror", "Snap Snake" and "Gravinauts".

You really are a laughing stock. A living joke meant to entertain these shitty forums. Funny you are so eager to call other people "scum". Perhaps you should check your own eyeballs in the mirror sometimes.

MisterStone

Arcane
Nevermind this shitwad Cleve, he's almost certainly some dumbass who has been banned or shamed into exile multiple times, and now on his 12th alt. Just focus that freakish aspergers' brain on making games for us.

Secretninja

Cipher
Apoc_Tao said:
:bump:

Ouch, I guess I must have touched a nerve there. Poor little Cleveland lowered his head and went hiding in his bunker. Shed a tear.
You are fucking DUMB chefe. This thread has been an influence in futility for months now, and you create a new alt and start posting thinking it will get a greater response than the shit that has been going on? plz try harder

Shoelip

Arbiter
poocolator said:
Yes, but Cleve is fun to piss off...

You know, I used to think that too, until I remembered that I'm neither a sadist or a masochist.

It really gets old quick when you realize how easy it is, and that you're basically being the playground bully tormenting the autistic kid.

Apoc_Tao

Novice
MisterStone said:
Nevermind this shitwad Cleve, he's almost certainly some dumbass who has been banned or shamed into exile multiple times, and now on his 12th alt. Just focus that freakish aspergers' brain on making games for us.

Whoa, you really are a dumbfuck! Do you really hope for a game to come out of this circus?

Well, it's quite obvious that this thread is nothing but an elaborate attempt at attention whoring. So really, quit your delusions, Cleve will not release a game. Even if he claims that he will, he is simply incapable of doing so. Grimoire is proof of that. Remember that no less than a decade ago he was already brainstorming about the "game to come after grimoire is released" ( "Wake of the Comet"). What a joke. The worst of all is that Grimoire was nothing but a crappy wizardry clone. If you played the leaked beta you should know that. The guy must really have shit for brains for taking so long to finish that crap. Oh wait, he didn't finish it! :lol:

The guy is simply not competent enough as a game developer. Deal with it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom