Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crowntakers

Kalypso

Barely Literate
Hello everyone,

we just started the pre-purchase of our RPG/Strategy title "Crowntakers", developed by a small french team named Bulwark.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/294370

TwitchTV Presentation video: http://www.twitch.tv/kasedogames

In an ever-changing world, heroes are the only constants.

Dark times are imminent: the king’s abduction throws a once peaceful land into turmoil. Being the chosen one elected by the king himself through one of your dreams, you embark on an adventurous journey to free him from the hands of the evil duke and go down in history as the kingdom’s greatest hero. But time is of the essence…

Crowntakers combines turn-based strategy with RPG elements and takes you at the behest of the crown into a medieval fantasy world full of challenging encounters and epic adventures. With its randomly generated world, Crowntakers offers a varied gaming experience every time you set out to fight evil. As a hero on a mission, you’ll have to assemble a group of brave mercenaries to take on cruel enemies like barbarians, ferocious animals or deceitful thieves. Embark on challenging quests, gather vital resources and finally banish evil from the world.

Features
- Roguelike turn-based strategy meets RPG in a beautifully created fantasy world
- On every game start the world is rebuilt with different environments and encounters; encouraging players to try different strategies
- More than 4 diverse and procedural environments ranging from mountain passes to shadowy castles
- Hire 9 individual mercenaries to take on bandits, wildlife and malevolent knights on a hexagonal battlefield. Utilise the unique class skills of the archer, wizard, scout and others
- Gather resources, level-up your companions, collect mighty equipment and consume helpful potions to survive until your quest is complete
- Alternative endings: will you save the king before the time runs out?

spectre

Arcane
- Alternative endings: will you save the king before the time runs out?
So, there will be four?
1) You save the king before the time runs out
2) You save the king after the time runs out
3) You don't save the king before the time runs out
4) You don't save the king after the time runs out

how much of a impact on gameplay does the timer make to the game

i generally hate all timed missions/quests because im my own man and wont be pushed by anyone not even a bunch of zeroes and ones

tbh everything else looks kinda interesting especially the rge but the timer thing is BAD

Kalypso

Barely Literate
There will be two different endings, one in which you come in time to save the king and one in which you dont come in time. Both endings will have a surprising outcome though.

The time does have a small effect but it is not that you are in a big rush. As the days progress, there will be more enemies roaming the streets and enemies will get harder. But they will get harder either way as you progress through the game world. But you will have to make decisions like "do I want to search each and every building for loot or do I get to the end of this stage as quickly as possible". There is no timer running down to zero though and you can progress at your own pace. It doesnt put too much pressure on you.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
roguelikes shouldn't be in the strategy forum. why is this game here while battle brothers is in grpg? no wonder i don't find the games i'm looking for in grpg...

ColCol

Arcane
roguelikes shouldn't be in the strategy forum. why is this game here while battle brothers is in grpg? no wonder i don't find the games i'm looking for in grpg...

To be fair this game is kind of.....bland

Reapa

Doom Preacher

To be fair this game is kind of.....bland
of course it's bland. every fucking game is fucking bland since the 80's-90's. that doesn't change shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom