Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CRPG Book Project - 200-page preview released

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Also, Wesp's patch is mentioned in the VTMB section, but not Tessera's. Brace yourselves, butthurt is coming.
How is that nowadays? Last time I heard, it was some MASSIVE mod drama about him deleting his stuff, asking everyone to remove it from websites, then setting his own private forum and selling the patch, or something like that...
BTW, it was Wesp who wrote that review. :M

zwanzig_zwoelf

felipepepe
Care to add 5 pages dedicated to obscure Korean games? Korea is a goldmine of specific games, so I can write a few reviews of selected Korean RPGs available in English (e.g. Icarus: Sanctuary of the Gods aka Droiyan aka TBRPG (Tactical Butthurt RPG)).

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
felipepepe
Care to add 5 pages dedicated to obscure Korean games? Korea is a goldmine of specific games, so I can write a few reviews of selected Korean RPGs available in English (e.g. Icarus: Sanctuary of the Gods aka Droiyan aka TBRPG (Tactical Butthurt RPG)).
Are they like... good? I'm all for curiosities, but I see no point in adding a banal shit boring game just because it's korean.

Gamespot called it "stupefyingly average", and that's also the vibe in getting from watching gameplay footage. :/

zwanzig_zwoelf

felipepepe
Are they like... good? I'm all for curiosities, but I see no point in adding a banal shit boring game just because it's korean.

Gamespot called it "stupefyingly average", and that's also the vibe in getting from watching gameplay footage. :/
Are you sure you're watching the gameplay footage? IIRC YouTube had none.
Droiyan (Icarus) is a pretty good tactical RPG if you have the guts to get past the first few straighforward missions. At least having a review of this game is a must (IMO).
There are others, of course, too. I'll give you a list of good ones once I play a few of the games I played (and try some of the recommended games).

And for fuck's sake, Felipe, I thought you were above these kinds of reviews and doubting my words because of them. :argh:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
There's this video here showing the game's history:

It has a battle scene at 36:00, and damn, it looks unbearable. :?

So, what makes it worthwhile then?

zwanzig_zwoelf

Each mission feels like you're fighting a small army, plus you need to look for damn chests around the area to get new items.
That small army can easily stomp your ass, which forces you to start thinking and learning how the game works. It requires patience, yes, but in the end it's satisfying to lure some enemies out of the crowd, kill them and then relax for a second before your party almost gets raped again.
While looking for damn chests.
:negative:

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
zNIiO8n.png

It should be - The mere name inspireS sweet and dark memories. For most people, it's the title of an Anthony Hopkins movie about the LIFE of writer C.S. Lewis, a good friend of J.R.R. Tolkien.

P.S. I would also exchange the current large banners at the top of the page with something more thrilling than in-game screenshot - using the pictures from the covers is probably the best idea, especially if you take into the consideration the fact that some of them could almost be considered pieces of art in themselves.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
P.S. I would also exchange the current large banners at the top of the page with something more thrilling than in-game screenshot - using the pictures from the covers is probably the best idea, especially if you take into the consideration the fact that some of them could almost be considered pieces of art in themselves.
I try to take thrilling in-game screenshots. I think that's more honest than using promotional shots or whatnot. I also love the covers, that's why I made a cover gallery at the end of the book. Anything other than that would be very hard to pull out, considering boxes are mostly vertical and have wildly different sizes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom