Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CRPG BOOK RELEASED!

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
One does not play an eroge expecting it to be respectful. You know what you're getting into here.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
So far I've skipped through and read about the games I've played myself, and I'm highly impressed. I agreed with about 90% of it to begin with and was persuaded to agree with you about the rest. I'm looking forward to reading the whole thing from the beginning now so I can see the whole story of CRPGs unfold.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Congratulations with the release!

It's one mighty fine looking book, and it's nice to see so many people contributed. Did you actually get in touch with Scorpia?

Only thing missing was a review of Nahlakh...

Ninjerk

Arcane
Maybe that guy was pulling a Lady MacBeth and wanted him to go into detail about the rapes.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Congratulations with the release!

It's one mighty fine looking book, and it's nice to see so many people contributed. Did you actually get in touch with Scorpia?

Only thing missing was a review of Nahlakh...
You could always write the Nahlakh review... +M

And yeah, Scorpia was super sweet. I already sent her the finished book as well. :)

octavius

Arcane
Patron
. This guy doesn't want, "oh hey btw this game has rape", he wants "elaboration of just how problematic the content is". And he's perfectly ready to completely dismiss all the recommendations because they don't contain a thesis about "problematic content".

Todays's leftard moralist's "problematic" is the conservative moralists' "controversial" 50-80 years ago.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I like how The Avatar is fighting an Evil Trent in the screenshot for Ultima 1. Hopefully The Avatar was able to resist the Evil Trent's Enhanced Edition spell.

EDIT: The credits are a bit confusing. There are two "DB" for example, and some of the contributors are not listed. I think it would have been better if the reviews were "signed" by the name of the contributor instead of just the initials.

Last edited:

Parsifarka

Arcane
I find missing the peculiar Hard to be a God; otherwise, I'd buy that for a dollar!

EDIT: Missing the incestuous simulation of Demonicon as well. Is everybody playing budget European shitty-charming third person ARPG too lazy to write about them?

Last edited:
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I like how The Avatar is fighting an Evil Trent in the screenshot for Ultima 1. Hopefully The Avatar was able to resist the Evil Trent's Enhanced Edition spell.

EDIT: The credits are a bit confusing. There are two "DB" for example, and some of the contributors are not listed. I think it would have been better if the reviews were "signed" by the name of the contributor instead of just the initials.

Some editing is still needed for sure. I noticed my contribution is attributed incorrectly for example.

newtmonkey

Arcane
Congratulations on finishing the book felipepepe
I had a quick browse the other night before going to bed, and before I knew it I had read until Moria. Great layout, and nice writing on the part of all contributors.

If you ever come to Nagoya, drinks are 100% on me!

hilfazer

Scholar
I like that definition of procedural generation
crpg book said:
Procedural Generation: Content that’s created based on an algorithm. While often confused with randomly-generated content, it’s not necessarily random; games like Telengard and No Man’s Sky use it to create massive, fixed worlds
I knew such expert like felipe will get it right!

Some people try hard to define 'procedural' and 'random'. Worst attempt i've seen was basically "procedural is like random except it's good" :)

Mark Richard

Arcane
Hardcover version on the way? Going to hop on over to the bookcase and scout out the perfect spot for it right now.
:bounce:

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer

https://www.bitmapbooks.co.uk/blogs/news/the-crpg-book-a-guide-to-computer-role-playing-games

DrOaxDuU0AE0PKh.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom