Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry CRPG for Kids...

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Why wouldn't you let your kids play games?

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I was a hardcore PC gaming geek since about the age of 7 but I was very aware of the stereotype so I tried hard to not be like that. And it worked. I had 4 close friends at school who played PC games too, and all of them live good lives now. One of them is a renown surgeon with the most amazing education and qualifications. The others have normal jobs and normal lives but they are fulfilled. Although only 1 of them still games regularly.

Hyperion

Arcane
This discussion is making me wonder about Twitch in the future. Will it be 60 year old men and women sitting in front of a webcam, selling their dignity to pay for their cholesterol meds?

I had 4 close friends at school who played PC games too, and all of them live good lives now
I'm pretty sure the most influential people in San Francisco spent most of their nights in a basement as Berthold, the melancholy Dwarven warrior. Having a hobby you enjoy, and not letting it consume your life goes for a lot more than just gaming, and isn't some elaborate Zionist scheme to maintain their grasp on the majority of the world's wealth.

Master

Arbiter
If you wanna hook your kid on RPGs, show him this misleading System Shock 2 trailer

"Look son, this is what RPGs are all about!"

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Pokemon and Pokemon Conquest have been great hits with my daughter. Pokemon almost qualify as a RPG (your stats don't change, but your pokemons' do and you get items and make a lot of leveling decisions for your pokemons).
Pokemon Conquest has been an awesome introduction to tactical RPG (unfortunately, there are very few leveling decisions to make in the game).

Doktor Best

Arcane
Been playing a bit Etrian Odyssey on my handy lately. Pretty good as "babys first wizardry". Might be a bit hard for kids though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom