Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CRPG subforum for normals part 2

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Since fuckhead moved my last thread to retardoland I have to start this new one. I say we all agree on the name "CRPG Safe Place." And for the idiots and degenerates who don't know what the C stands for it is computer you fucking morons.

I will initially be in charge of this subforum with the ability to ban anyone from the subforum such as Creepy and his crew of console loving monkeys with poor taste. I will have the ability to assign people as moderators who show they are normal and are interested in crpgs and crpg advancement.

We will report on all released crpgs in a stickied thread and keep a running log and slowly backfill it. We will only report on crpgs, good, bad, and ugly. We will also report on action games with heavy rpg elements developed foremost for the pc such as Bloodlines and Bloodlust (as two examples I could easily think of). We will also report on games that are more of a crpg than anything else as long as it has heavy rpg elements (Aarklash Legacy and TOME are quick example).

What will not be reported on will be -
No game with a console UI, or UI blatantly designed for a console will be covered besides specific non JRPG RPGMaker games since nothing can be done about the shitty interface such as After the End or Waste Walker (or any other sensible accommodation or exception for indie games without resources or ability due to 3rd party system usage).
No game that is rpg-lite, JRPG, or any game with a decent level of rpg elements if the game is primarily not a crpg such as trading card games, tower defense games, roguelikes, dungeon crawlers like Grimlock, or other content-lite shit for monkeys with no taste.
No game that is made for pedophiles and includes children in sexy outfits or overly sexualized children no matter how much of great crpg the pedophiles may claim it is.

I would like to do exclusive interviews with in depth and relevant crpg specific questions for people worth it such as Tim Cain, the Underrail guy, VD, the other two Troika guys, Guido Hinkelstein, SirTek people, SSI people, the new TSI people, Star Crawler people, etc.

People will be banned for being a proven a console player or primarily a console game player even if they play the console games on the PC, people who plug controllers into the PC, people with general poor taste, or people that have not played the games necessary to have the breadth of knowledge and experience to be considered a crpg aficionado/connoisseur. Anyone that is primarily a fucking idiot such as Creepy, or people spewing heavy racist, misogynistic, etc, comments that are not relevant or fit the context of the discussion. Light, funny, or context relevant racism, sexism, bigotry, etc, is okay of course. Being an easily offended fucking puritan or calling anyone a troll will be bannible offenses. No mention of or discussion of weird-ass "Lets Play" videos will be allowed. Be a fucking idiot somewhere else. This subforum is for people that play crpgs, not watch other people play them.

Basically, "rpg"codex has a ton of forums that encourage you to be a console loving racist fucking idiot who dislikes crpgs, basically everyone of them besides this subforum, so be an idiot there. This will be a classy subforum for people with refined taste and class.

Okay, lets make this shit happen. DU, who are you assigning to set this up and give me my privileges? Please don't make it one of the fucking idiots.

Last edited:

Lemming42

Arcane
rwyNFef.jpg

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Roqua's walls of text are absolutely fucking hilarious, give the man a subforum already, call it Roqualand and make it invite only. See what happens, might be fun.

Roqua

Prospernaut

Bring your hippy bullshit to RPGWatch. Normals are people who are not abnormal. Console game players have abnormally bad taste and an abnormal tolerance for shitty, depthless, mindless games made for monkey-savages. I could go on and on about their other abnormalities but I'd rather look at that man's with the blue shirt big ass titties.

Roqua's walls of text are absolutely fucking hilarious, give the man a subforum already, call it Roqualand and make it invite only. See what happens, might be fun.

Well, I grew up in a time before the internet and when typing was called typing and not texting. Back then people fully communicated an idea with proper sentences and paragraphs. Only those incapable or lacking a solid comprehension ability consistently used one or two sentence responses or the regurgitated one lone "zingers." My above wall of text would be considered to be of normal/average length.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
the games necessary to have the breadth of knowledge and experience to be considered a crpg aficionado/connoisseur.
So, what are the games I need to play to be considered a CRPG aficionado?

Roqua

Prospernaut

If I have to tell you then you are probably not an aficionado. I won't go back to the 80s or hard to get games (like for some reason used versions of POR:RoMD is selling for a lot of money on ebay and if my memory serves me correctly I was one of like two people that thought it was a good game when released). The key ones I think are a must to participate in any sensible and adult crpg conversation (objectively since I greatly dislike some of these but they are necessary for any self-respecting crpg enthusiast's repertoire) would be - Dark Sun (either), Darklands, one of the Realms of Arkania Trilogy, Ultima 7, Albion, Fallout 1 or 2, Wizardry 7 and/or 8, JA 2, Planescape Torment, BG 1 or 2, Arcanum, ToEE, NWN 1 or 2, Lionheart, VtM: Bloodlines (action game with heavy rpg elements but still necessary), Gothic 1 or 2 (same as Bloodlines), any one of the Spiderweb Software games, one of the Drakensangs, Divine Divinity, Blackguards 1, D:OS, WL2, MMX, AoD, Underrail. I am also including Aarklash Legacy since there is absolutely no reason any enthusiast, especially people who defend or praise the horrible, awful IE games combat, to have not played the only RTwP game that has somehow magically actually made the only good RTwP combat system ever.

Highly suggested games - Daggerfall (the last PC game Bethesda made), one of the Goldbox games (preferably a Buck Rogers, granted they are not considered gold box but they used the engine, and they had a chargen and dev as well as combat ((that was has some very interesting checks and balances never again seen even though it was a very good combat/rpg system)) far superior to any of the D&D goldbox games). One of the Martian Ultima games. Mask of the Betrayer because people seem to piss their pants over it. Ultima Underworld and one of the Lands of Lore games so you can see exactly when rpgs started putting form over function, dumbing down gameplay, and pandering to the future console crowd. Thunderscape. EOB trilogy (2 or 3 preferably). Betrayal at Krondor (started the highly narrated, scripted, story heavy craze that is still all the rage today). Quest for Glory 1-5 (preferably the EGA version of 1 or 2 since they are far superior to the remake of 1 or 3-5). Dead State. I guess console trash like the Kotors, Dragon Age, Bethesda games after Daggerfall, the Witchers, whatever else created a lot of hubbub with the console crowd. I probably missed a couple that could be considered important to understand/appreciate the genre. I left out a ton of good games that I love that really didn't put anything else on the rpg table.

abnormal - deviating from what is normal or usual, typically in a way that is undesirable or worrying

So considering most people peasants like console games, that makes them usual thus normal..... you are the abnormal one.
:troll:

While it is true most people are fucking idiots and the world would be better off if they all got AIDS and died, this site (for some inexplicable reason people actually believe this) is supposed to be for hardcore rpg fans. In which case, this subforum would be for the normal people this site is supposed to serve, any the peasants are the abnormal ones.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

If I have to tell you then you are probably not an aficionado. I won't go back to the 80s or hard to get games (like for some reason used versions of POR:RoMD is selling for a lot of money on ebay and if my memory serves me correctly I was one of like two people that thought it was a good game when released). The key ones I think are a must to participate in any sensible and adult crpg conversation (objectively since I greatly dislike some of these but they are necessary for any self-respecting crpg enthusiast's repertoire) would be - Dark Sun (either), Darklands, one of the Realms of Arkania Trilogy, Ultima 7, Albion, Fallout 1 or 2, Wizardry 7 and/or 8, JA 2, Planescape Torment, BG 1 or 2, Arcanum, ToEE, NWN 1 or 2, Lionheart, VtM: Bloodlines (action game with heavy rpg elements but still necessary), Gothic 1 or 2 (same as Bloodlines), any one of the Spiderweb Software games, one of the Drakensangs, Divine Divinity, Blackguards 1, D:OS, WL2, MMX, AoD, Underrail.

You call yourself an 'afficionado' yet you only have the Ubishit declined mediocre MMX as one of your approved Might and Magic games. :killit:

So in the end you are just a poser hipster faggot throwing out random names.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
Like i said before, make Roqua Safe Space subforum in Prosperland.

Make him the moderator of that place and restricted his account to that place only.

Roqua

Prospernaut
You call yourself an 'afficionado' yet you only have the Ubishit declined mediocre MMX as one of your approved Might and Magic games. :killit:

So in the end you are just a poser hipster faggot throwing out random names.

Are you saying playing the only crpg blobber that has come out this century besides Wizards & Warriors with a working UI, depth, and decent production value is only for hipsters? How can someone say they like crpgs yet not buy and play basically the only blobber of this century? I think hipsters are people that do what is popular? I'm not sure since I'm 41 and am extremely not hip, have three kids, a cunt for a wife, I wear normal pants, do not use a cell phone, and wear a tie to work. If that says hipster to you, then I is one fo sho. Also, every other Might & Magic was awful in my opinion. MMX is the only good one. But, if you had any sort of reading comprehension you would have read this - " The key ones I think are a must to participate in any sensible and adult crpg conversation (objectively since I greatly dislike some of these but they are necessary for any self-respecting crpg enthusiast's repertoire) would be -" Again, objectively, there is no crpg aficionado that would not buy and play the only blobber that came out in the last 15 years. Period. No reason at all.

Like i said before, make Roqua Safe Space subforum in Prosperland.

Make him the moderator of that place and restricted his account to that place only.

Like I said before - incline, kwa, war never changes, the dex, other awesome codex catchphrases for fucking morons with their monkey brains and regurgitated opinions. You, ma'am, are a fucking idiot, and will not be welcomed to my subforum that will not be in prosperland and I will always have full posting rights on all forums because I actually have original thoughts and the capacity to think for myself. One day, when my nuts are thwacking on your chin, your eyes are tearing, and you can feel my veins pulsing ever so warmly in your throat you will have wished your parents raised you better and taught you to mind your mouth around adults. That's right, I will fuck your face holes. I will fuck your face holes real good. Now run along and go order some steam controllers or whatever nonsense is your want and let the big boys talk.

Roqua

Prospernaut
list
Hey, thanks for the lists. If you would care to write about each game, and why you like/don't like it, it would be an interesting read. Probably in a new thread, so it won't get lost in a stream of shitposts.

Your welcome and no problem. But I would like to say my opinion shouldn't matter to you. Being a crpg aficionado is about what you like or dislike about the crpgs, and then when we both have played them we can have a discussion worth having. Like for a movie critic/buff or a wine connoisseur, you have to know your shit if you want what you say to matter, or to understand what people who know their shit mean when they give an opinion.

I would also like to say I have extremely poor taste in pretty much everything besides crpgs. I know nothing about wine, my preferred beer is Milwakee's Best Ice, I think microwave meals are just as good as restaurant meals or my wife's cooking, and I like blockbuster movies and can only watch about 30 seconds of Citizen Cain or Gone with the Wind before putting something that isn't slow and boring as shit on TV. My favorite movie is probably McGrubber tied with Predator. Crpgs is the only category in life where I have been blessed with impeccable taste and a hate for summer boys and monkey-savages.

laclongquan

Arcane
Or you can just troll him with this:

Play Baldur's Gate Reloaded module on NWN2 instead of playing BG1 original.
Play Pool Radianced Remastered module on NWN2 instead of playing PR original.
Play Icewind Dale module, aka Icewinter, on NWN2 instead of playing IWD original.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
johnny mayhem: pete, come in, do you you read! respond!

pete mayhem: *gunfire* i'm pinned down! they found my hideout! *loud bang* there's no getting out for me, i'll try to-*gunfire*-ill try to hold them off as long as possible!

johnny mayhem: i wont leave you behind! *loud bang* *sound of door breaking down( *static* pete? pete?!

I want to make Roqua admin and then fuck him as gently or roughly as he likes it. This forum is sick, and desperate times call for a tough leader like Roqua. He has my vote.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
I saw Ryan Gosling while on the way to the convenience store today. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, it's no bother. It's always great meeting fans like you." We had a little conversation about his movies, shook hands, and went on our way.

What a nice guy.

Howdy

What's with all this segregationist talk. Can't you all mingle together in a big melting pot of gaming glory and triumph? We could all learn from each other and develop into a cohort of gaming supermen ready to admonish or celebrate all future gaming cultural developments. Be the vanguard of true glory and fun, with love for all in our hearts?

Garryydde

Arcane
Patron
Douchebag! Repressed Homosexual
What's with all this segregationist talk. Can't you all mingle together in a big melting pot of gaming glory and triumph? We could all learn from each other and develop into a cohort of gaming supermen ready to admonish or celebrate all future gaming cultural developments. Be the vanguard of true glory and fun, with love for all in our hearts?
Look at what happened to South Africa. Do you want that here?

Angthoron

Arcane
Wow, when'd you get all those tags, man?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom