Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CRPG subforum for normals part 2

hpstg

Savant
Before this site starts reviewing Zelda, Bioshock, and other nextgen cutting edge rpgs I feel I should reiterate how desperately this sub forum is needed. People who actually like rpgs come here because we like rpgs. People who like console games with some lite rpg elements are the vast majority of this site's userbase (and retarded racists who I don't even think are even into any genre of video games but want to express their anger at being such failures in life by regurgitating old and tired shticks over and over and over).

We do not want to have them be part of our discussions. They have nothing worthwhile to say. And even those willing to try some good non-console games just do it to either love the game because it is hipster approved, or trash it because it isn't. We don't want or need people that can't think for themselves as much as we don't want or need console monkey savages.

Lets make this happen. What needs to be done?

I won't attempt to analyze you as a person, although you did that to everyone else here. I actually agree that there are a lot of games that deserve more exposure.

I only have a question: What the fuck do you need the extra forum for?

I mean nobody stops you from making an actually informative post in the main RPG subforum, right? Is the issue that people won't let you say what you want? I'm sure that a good post with some erudite discussion for an otherwise obscure hardcore RPG would gain a lot of traction.

But it has to be a separate thing, "normals" only, right?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
The problem is that while you can find mega threads about games like No Man's Sky, Oblivion, Diablo 3, and other casual fag fluff, you find barely anything, barely anything at all on magnificent indie projects like Sword of Ahkranox. You know, games that would actually benefit from some attention AND are eminently worth playing and supporting.
Malevolence: the Sword of Ahkranox had extensive coverage from the Codex, including FIVE front page articles during its IndieGoGo & Kickstarter campaigns back in 2012. We even did a fucking interview: http://www.rpgcodex.net/article.php?id=8329

Four years later, the game is still stuck in early-access hell, with many steam buyers complaining of lack of updates. If the game is so cool and you want to talk about it so badly, why not bump an older thread or create new one, instead of just crying "NO ONE DOES WHAT I COULD EASILY DO RIGHT NOW!" like a spoiled brat?

nomask7

Arcane
Malevolence: the Sword of Ahkranox had extensive coverage from the Codex, including FIVE front page articles during its IndieGoGo & Kickstarter campaigns back in 2012. We even did a fucking interview: http://www.rpgcodex.net/article.php?id=8329

Four years later, the game is still stuck in early-access hell, with many steam buyers complaining of lack of updates. If the game is so cool and you want to talk about it so badly, why not bump an older thread or create new one, instead of just crying "NO ONE DOES WHAT I COULD EASILY DO RIGHT NOW!" like a spoiled brat?

I did bump a thread from years back, corrected people's misconceptions about the game, and notified others that the game had just received a massive update. This was a week ago or so. The response from people on this forum? Nothing much, except annoyance that I was responding to messages from years back.

That thread, by the way, was basically a bunch of people from years back saying what a shitty game it looked like due to the combat not being tactical Wizardry kind of thing or something. These people didn't seem to get that it was a rogue-like or at least rogue-like inspired, not a tactical RPG.

Now if the Codex staff did promote the game back then, good for them, but I wasn't talking about the Codex staff, I was talking about the membership in general. Oh, maybe I missed a bunch of threads where people were discussing the game, but it doesn't seem like I did. It seems that the interest from the codex membership did at no point pass the threshold of even bothering to figure out what genre the game belonged to. And I'm the one to blame here? Fucking :lol:

Last edited:

Black

Arcane
OJl4Zcc.png

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Before this site starts reviewing Zelda, Bioshock, and other nextgen cutting edge rpgs I feel I should reiterate how desperately this sub forum is needed. People who actually like rpgs come here because we like rpgs. People who like console games with some lite rpg elements are the vast majority of this site's userbase (and retarded racists who I don't even think are even into any genre of video games but want to express their anger at being such failures in life by regurgitating old and tired shticks over and over and over).

We do not want to have them be part of our discussions. They have nothing worthwhile to say. And even those willing to try some good non-console games just do it to either love the game because it is hipster approved, or trash it because it isn't. We don't want or need people that can't think for themselves as much as we don't want or need console monkey savages.

Lets make this happen. What needs to be done?

I won't attempt to analyze you as a person, although you did that to everyone else here. I actually agree that there are a lot of games that deserve more exposure.

I only have a question: What the fuck do you need the extra forum for?

I mean nobody stops you from making an actually informative post in the main RPG subforum, right? Is the issue that people won't let you say what you want? I'm sure that a good post with some erudite discussion for an otherwise obscure hardcore RPG would gain a lot of traction.

But it has to be a separate thing, "normals" only, right?

I covered this in great detail in the first post. Basically, this is why normals need it.

Roqua

Prospernaut
I covered this in great detail in the first post. Basically, this is why normals need it.

I expected nothing less.

Did you read the reason for the subforum? What kind of site is this supposed to be for? Rpgs, right? I can't make a post without it being bombarded by 100s of monkeys who don't even like rpgs. It is a waste of time. I don't want to get in internet retard fights every time I say something. This subforum would ensure the people are not monkeys. We will all be rpg fans talking about rpgs and even if our tastes differ we have the same knowledge base and worth conversing with.

I don't care what someone who thinks Metal Gear and Bioshock are rpgs has to say about anything. I don't care what people who like the removal of stats from Elder Scrolls thinks. I don't care what someone who plays pokeman go thinks. I don't care what someone who plugs a controller into a pc thinks. I don't care what little kids think.

Getting in nonstop retard fights is tiring. The retards never learn or get smarter. It is a waste of time. It undermines the whole reason for this site.

I want a safe space where there are no trigger words like console, controller, bioware, etc.

Colleges have proven over and over that anyone who is against safe spaces and avoidance of trigger words is a racist white privileged misogynist hate monger. Why are you these things?

hpstg

Savant

I expected nothing less.

Did you read the reason for the subforum? What kind of site is this supposed to be for? Rpgs, right? I can't make a post without it being bombarded by 100s of monkeys who don't even like rpgs. It is a waste of time. I don't want to get in internet retard fights every time I say something. This subforum would ensure the people are not monkeys. We will all be rpg fans talking about rpgs and even if our tastes differ we have the same knowledge base and worth conversing with.

I don't care what someone who thinks Metal Gear and Bioshock are rpgs has to say about anything. I don't care what people who like the removal of stats from Elder Scrolls thinks. I don't care what someone who plays pokeman go thinks. I don't care what someone who plugs a controller into a pc thinks. I don't care what little kids think.

Getting in nonstop retard fights is tiring. The retards never learn or get smarter. It is a waste of time. It undermines the whole reason for this site.

I want a safe space where there are no trigger words like console, controller, bioware, etc.

Colleges have proven over and over that anyone who is against safe spaces and avoidance of trigger words is a racist white privileged misogynist hate monger. Why are you these things?
Half of me wants you to
:prosper:

The other half is curious to see how what you propose would end up. Sounds like the premise for the next low-budget Bioshock, exclusively funded by Fig. Normal RPG fan gets his own subforum, and then life happens.

Roqua

Prospernaut

I expected nothing less.

Half of me wants you to
:prosper:

The other half is curious to see how what you propose would end up. Sounds like the premise for the next low-budget Bioshock, exclusively funded by Fig. Normal RPG fan gets his own subforum, and then life happens.

Sounds good, tiger.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Okay, since you guys are too dumb to do something sensible like open the subforum, can we at least get clear guidelines on what genre belongs to what forum? The jrpg subforum should have it's name changes to console games or games made that have a slight and tenuous Asian connection and clearly does not have to have any rpg elements at all, such as Zelda or the other non-rpg related console shit that is constantly covered there. The Strategy game subforum should be changed to strategy games even with heavy rpg elements that we don't like a lot as these will be covered in general rpg. General rpg should be changed to Console games with no slight or tenuous Asian connection and the place to mock and make fun of crpgs that are not pre-approved by the codex hivemind of lemming console monkey savages as thumbs up for the hipsters and other mindless cult members incapable of thinking for themselves.

Also, what exactly did I do to make every mod here hate me so much? Like a mushroom I'm a fun guy and I do not deserve this horrible treatment. It is kind of weird,a couple of the mods at RPGwatch liked me and every single user hated me. Here, a solid three to four people sort of like me and all the mods hate me. Can't we all just get along?

Suicidal

Arcane
I like you Roqua :love:

You made me aware of several games that I would have never known even existed otherwise.

Also your angry posts are entertaining to read.

Weasel
Okay, since you guys are too dumb to do something sensible like open the subforum

So Roqua hasn't been given access to the new CRPG Subforum for Normals yet? That's harsh guys, jokes aside. I mean, it's going along pretty nicely as it is but he did come up with the idea in the first place.

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
Yeah, imagine a forum letting me in so I can shitpost about Cursed Hounds culling the casual gimps and not letting in its creator.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
1. Roqua's post making some sense
2. The bromance
3. "Irenaus II"
4. "100% white is p. old"

whoa, it's only one and half year, but stuff was pretty different back then.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
So, staff, has any discussion gone into making this subforum happen? What do you all have against things that make sense?

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Wow, I REALLY feel uncomfortable with the amount of TOXIC elitism in this thread.

Honestly this type of thread shouldn’t be allowed.

Reported

If liking rpgs and only wanting to talk to others that like rpgs, and who aren't retarded console kids or even more retarded adult console kid's games like pokeman fans, on a fucking rpg site makes me an elitist I'll wear that title like a badge of sanity. And what type of new age hipster rat has 420 in their signature and then reports people for not liking what they say? Where I'm from we curb rat bitches like you.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
just realized that roqua is a literal amerimutt

lmao

Is that supposed to be an insult? I wish you kids would realize that when you speak to real adults we need explanations of your hipster words. It seems like it would mean a mutt (meaning mixed breed) from America. I don't see the insult in that or any reason for it to make you laugh your ass off. Please explain.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom