Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CRPGAddict

crpgaddict

Educated
Some readers like the ratings, some don't. If I remove them, those that like them lose out.

On the other hand, if those that don't like them simply read the text and ignore the ratings, everyone wins.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://crpgaddict.blogspot.com/2012/06/wizardry-v-final-rating.html

wiz5_104.png
wiz5_105.png

Outlander Blackadder Knotanalt Jack Burton Crooked Bee Beautiful Clown Painting

dead.PNG

Is naming your party after RPGCodex members like a meme now among RPG nostalgists? Regardless, :greatjob:

suejak

Arbiter
Patron
Village Idiot
Thanks for pointing out this blog. I've really enjoyed reading it, and I especially like the videos like this bad boy:

It illustrates so many good little features of the games that you would never know about if you didn't play them in depth. For example, I really like that the dwarf gets seasick on the boat and can't sleep, repair, or do anything productive. It's also fun to see how obnoxious and opaque the mushroom system is until you figure out (and make note of) what everything does.

Great blog.

7hm

Scholar
I stopped reading it after his January post saying he was not going to post anymore, and I didn't visit the codex for a while either. Jesus christ this thread (re-reading it I thought May was ridiculous, but March was probably worse). Nice to see he's back at it again at least.

Kukulkan

Learned
I think he should still give Wiz 4 another shot. There's only one successful playthrough of the game I've found online is here by the ninja dude. Unfortunately his style of lp wasn't to my taste and Crooked Bee is yet to finish.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I think he should still give Wiz 4 another shot. There's only one successful playthrough of the game I've found online is here by the ninja dude. Unfortunately his style of lp wasn't to my taste and Crooked Bee is yet to finish.

I'm already done, actually. :)

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
crpgaddict you cunt, when the fuck will you review the greatest crpg of all time: Star Trail and the other two RoA games that are nearly as good?

crpgaddict

Educated
crpgaddict you cunt, when the fuck will you review the greatest crpg of all time: Star Trail and the other two RoA games that are nearly as good?

Mother Russia, you onanistic jackass, it looks like around fall 2017 at current rates of play. The first RoA should be around winter/spring 2015, though!

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Not much of an addict are you? I suggest you rename yourself to crpgcasualplayer

Seriously, 2015?? WTF? What's stopping you from playing it now? Stop wasting your time with stupid shit like the early wizardry's and play real crpgs!

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Look, I am sorry but looking at lines and bars on a screen may be retro, but that doesn't mean it can compare with real crpgs released in the late 80's and 90's. That's reality, deal with it.

Morkar Left

I guess the Dark Heart of Uukrul disagrees with you. As much as I can see your point Andhy older rpgs have a lot to offer. RoA 1 was pretty oldschool too and differentiated only by the amount of (often repeating) text offered and slightly better gfx and interface.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well, I guess there are some of the *very* early RPGs that don't really offer much nowadays because the late 80's and early 90's games surpass them at every aspect.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
I guess the Dark Heart of Uukrul disagrees with you. As much as I can see your point Andhy older rpgs have a lot to offer. RoA 1 was pretty oldschool too and differentiated only by the amount of (often repeating) text offered and slightly better gfx and interface.

There is a difference between 'old school' and just old. Uukrul was a good game true, if you played it at the time it was released. In fact, at that time it was undoubtedly revolutionary and awesome. Even today it can be entertaining. But Uukrul too is modern compared to the early wizardries, which were just lines on a black screen.

Also, not to go on a tangent, uukrul had issues as well. For instance, you couldn't choose your own party. You HAD to have a warrior, a paladin, a cleric and a mage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom