Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crytek bankruptcy watch thread

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
http://kotaku.com/sources-amazon-spent-big-bucks-on-cryteks-engine-1696008878

Last year, as the game company Crytek went through near-catastrophic financial struggles, they found help from an unlikely source: the tech giant Amazon.

Amazon agreed to a huge licensing deal involving Crytek’s proprietary tech, CryEngine, according to four people familiar with the deal, all of whom spoke anonymously because they were not authorized to speak publicly about this arrangement. Though I haven’t been able to pin down the exact dollar figure—one source said $50 million; another said 70—sources say it was substantial enough to help Crytek recover from the financial difficulties that kept them from paying some staff for months, as we reported last year.

Maximum Undead.

In April of 2014 they launched an Android-based gaming and streaming console, the Amazon Fire TV, but it failed to make much of an impact on the video game world, even after they snagged the infamous Flappy Bird as an exclusive. Most industry observers believe Amazon has grander ambitions for gaming.

Amazon presents Crysis: Amazon exclusively for Amazon Fire TV.

:0-13:

Multi-headed Cow

Will I be able to play the Crysis series on my Fire stick? Oh golly oh gee.

(i don't even really need the fire stick because i have a htpc but i wanted it because it was neat and it was like $20)

(damn you amazon)

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I didn't know dinos had bioluminescent, plastic-looking tongues. Also it seems they stretched the FOV too much, it creates fish-eye effect around the edges... <-- is this because VR?

:killit:

Last edited:

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I didn't know dinos had bioluminescent, plastic-looking tongues. Also it seems they stretched the FOV too much, it creates fish-eye effect around the edges.

:killit:
Didn't you know?

4MhlFUJ.jpg

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Strange, ID is working on something (I don't read gaming news that much like before)? I though they stopped becoming important after RAEG poop drop. Like jump from sinking shit to garbage pile, or something...

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Strange, ID is working on something (I don't read gaming news that much like before)? I though they stopped becoming important after RAEG poop drop. Like jump from sinking shit to garbage pile, or something...

You've been living under a rock? They're working on Doom 4 with the brand new idTech 6 engine - without the stupid cunt that is John Carmack.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Oh man i can see it now

A Zenimax production

Bethesda and ID proudly presents......

NOOOOOOOOOOO

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Open world Doom seems a logical progression from Rage and Skyrim.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Robinson: The Journey is not coming to PC

CRYENGINE unleashed for PlayStation VR

Frankfurt am Main (Germany) October 27, 2015 – Combining the breathtaking immersion made possible by PlayStation VR and the game-changing power of CRYENGINE, Crytek today announced a partnership with Sony Computer Entertainment to bring new IP “Robinson: The Journey” exclusively to the upcoming PlayStation®4 virtual reality platform.

Developed by Crytek, Robinson: The Journey invites players to become pioneers as they crash-land on a mysterious planet and set out to uncover the rich secrets it conceals. The game is being crafted to capitalize on the boundless potential of PlayStation VR, and will empower gamers to explore the stunning world around them with an entirely new degree of freedom. The cooperation between Sony and Crytek also underscores the versatility of CRYENGINE for other developers looking to unleash their ideas on powerful VR hardware.

Crytek’s Director of Production, David Bowman, said: “PlayStation VR is the ideal platform for Robinson: The Journey. Our work with Sony so far has made it clear that they want to deliver the most immersive and unique home VR experiences imaginable to gamers, and we’re working hard to make sure Robinson fits that description perfectly.”

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom