Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cuphead

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't think it's my type of game but damn it looks good. They nailed the feeling perfectly

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
DLQwEjSUMAAJgK5.jpg

What the fuck lol. I've beaten tutorial in 3 minutes and that was with a keyboard because I was too lazy to plug in my controler at that point.

WTF?

spectre

Arcane
That one's actually fake, but coming from a website that says (quoting from memory): good game design is what gives the player the most pleasure, yeah, not too far off.

Not a big fan of the genre, but I'm always glad when people have a clear vision of what they want to make and just go for it.
Wonder if it has this:
8G43r.gif

Beggar

Cipher
Great visuals and sounds. But I feel like an idiot shooting everything that pops up out of everywhere. I'm no kitten to like games like that

RuySan

Augur
Are the controls analogue or digital (i.e. should i play with the x360 pad or something else)?

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Are the controls analogue or digital (i.e. should i play with the x360 pad or something else)?
keyboard is enough. there are also some horizontal shmup parts, and games like that are best played on keyboard imo (or arcade sticks, but kb > generic console controller)

RuySan

Augur
Yes, keyboard gives more precision than an analogue stick, but on the other hand forces you to play the directions with three fingers instead of one, so there's a bigger learning curve.

I play these kind of games with the Wii Classic controller w/ adapter, so unless the game uses too much of triggers (the adapter turns analague triggers into digital and makes them overly sensitive) it's the best option.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Visual and music direction appears very well done as a homage to what the devs were going for. I prefer more exploration (hence platforming levels) than just "fights, the game", but it looks good for people who it was made for.
The avalanche of casual faggots getting shitter shattered over an iota of expectation to play the game for themselves is the most impressive thing about it.

Kitchen Utensil

DUDE LIKE THE GAME TOTALLY LOOKS LIKE A OLD SKOOL CARTOON WOW SUCH AMAZE 10/10

ITS LIKE WATCHING A SHITTY 70s LOONEEE TOONZ BUT IM PLAYING A GAME WOW NOVELTY WOW .

IT EVEN HAS BLACK AND WHITE MODE TO MAKE IT SOOPER OLD SKOOL WOW TAKE MY MONEY TAKE MY MONEY

:takemymoney::takemymoney::takemymoney::takemymoney:

ur all fagot cucks fuck off

Guess what. I'm not even a huge fan of the art style. But it's very well done nonetheless and the attention to detail is amazing.
What's more important though is that it doesn't get in the way of the gameplay which is fucking solid.

If you can't appreciate good gameplay because of the artstyle, you are the faggot.

faggot

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Guess what. I'm not even a huge fan of the art style. But it's very well done nonetheless and the attention to detail is amazing.
What's more important though is that it doesn't get in the way of the gameplay which is fucking solid.

If you can't appreciate good gameplay because of the artstyle, you are the faggot.

faggot

YA BRO GAME PLAYS LIKE CONTRA (30 YEARS OLD GAME) AND LOOKS LIKE A 1930s CARTOON

IT'S LIKE VINTAGE BRUH TOTES OLD-SKOOL M8 EPIC THROWBACK

1449199096489.png

MUSIC IS LIT FIRE TOO BRUH SOUNDS LIKE AN OLD SKOOL JAZZ OR SUMTIN

faggot

YA BRO GAME PLAYS LIKE CONTRA (30 YEARS OLD GAME) AND LOOKS LIKE A 1930s CARTOON

IT'S LIKE VINTAGE BRUH TOTES OLD-SKOOL M8 EPIC THROWBACK

1449199096489.png

MUSIC IS LIT FIRE TOO BRUH SOUNDS LIKE AN OLD SKOOL JAZZ OR SUMTIN

the creator of cuphead doesnt look at all like your typical nu-male sjw. he is fit looking guy, he has his own business(constructions) besides game company and he has hot wife.
8ATItUb.jpg

3d32aecf-5134-4752-9e3f-7182c70cc3c1
8EAQTXq.jpg

also his name is fucking CHAD FFS :lol: i dont follow him on social medias etc but he is like complete opposite of cucks from obsidian but hey muhh hipster art direction game is shit:shitandpiss:

Leitz

Learned
Looking at those videos I imagine this game without the cartoon design. Probably a boring shoot 'em up.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I wanna see him on a boxing match or karate or whatever against MCA.

And his wife vs MCA's girlfriend (They're still together?) on a cooking contest.

Pls make it happen.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
fucking literal chad developer lmao
Respect for him, he made what he was going for well with the old cartoon feel, and he didn't do it out of pretentiousness like the hipster california developers who make shit games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom