Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Current state of Russian RPGs (with screenshots)

laclongquan

Arcane
MHRR is on another planet, if I remember correctly. So no, it doesnt count.

Silent Storm series is waaaaaaaaay years ago. 2005-6~ It's even earlier than F3 and FNV. The forums are all dead beside strategycore and here.

Dat Russian game!!! It looks interesting but without English translation it's a damn shame.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Yeah, just remembered that Vangers were re-released not so long ago. Codex is demented enough to consider Space Rangers franchise an rpg (but not Sunless Sea for whatever reason), so here you go:

An ancient rus rpg back from the time when they were almost gud.

The best thing about russian rpg's is that they finally stopped. Now lemme go, I don't want to stay in this cursed thread.

DramaticPopcorn

I do wonder why the Russians dont make a Fallout game, but look from the USSR point of view (since they dont get disintegration like this timeline), play in some desolate wasteland like easern siberia that connect to Alaska. :communism: :USSRstronk:
How is that different from pre-apoc eastern siberia?

Stompa

Arcane

PeachPlumage

Cipher
That shit is straight up awful, like Russian licensed games all are. Abysmal source material, zero effort to adapt it to gameplay, worst SS engine TBS. You're better off never touching it.

Thanks for the clarification. Now I can finally forget about it.

T. Reich

Arcane
Etherlords 2 was totally much better than Etherlords 1 because it did away with "strategy" bullshit and focused on the only thing that mattered - CCG with stats.
Too bad it was linear as fuck, though.

Also, Evil Islands is an RPG/crawling simulator, and it's totally awesome.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Too bad it was linear as fuck, though.

This. There is no "CCG with stats". You go through the corridor, you get the preset cards, and then you just do what the game wants you to do. Everything about this concept is shit. At least Etherlords 1 had some replayability to it.

But gotta credit last boss fight in Etherlords 2, which was indeed challenging.

Also, Evil Islands is an RPG/crawling simulator, and it's totally awesome.

No, it's not. First two parts of the game were awesome.

allods2_1.jpg

Then they turned it into this:

evil_islands0013.jpg

Yeah, way to go. The end of the franchise was quite predictable.

It turned into generic MMO bullshit.

allods_online-092511093300-02.jpg

laclongquan

Arcane
How is that different from pre-apoc eastern siberia?
The snow glows green at night.
Stompa beat me to it~

Although to be fair, we could just choose an area that cover some Russian city, and some contested Russo-Nippon isles instead? Adding some mad samurai to the soup.

We dont travel by car, but by boat, sail or motor. The few monster we met is just mutated sea fishes.

Hohenheim

Novice
What's up with that Best Way's post-apo popamoller that takes so long by the way?
It has been closed due to some kind of financial / publish questions. Best Way tried to make another game in modified setting, but it lokks like it has been closed too.

didn't know Fallout have any mods since there is no tools for modding
As far as I know all mods for F2 nas been created with Mapper.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Isn't it Rage of Mages? Is Evil Islands the third part then?

Yes and yes. The franchise is known as Аллоды, and Evil Islands is the third part of the series ("Аллоды 3D"). If you ever played any of the first games (Rage of Mages 1 or 2), you can't look at Evil Islands without tears.

Oh, well. Russians have a knack for screwing everything up.

likaq

Arcane
Except Evil Islands is better than Rage of Mages 1 or 2.
Of course that does not mean that Evil Islands is a good game.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Except Evil Islands is better than Rage of Mages 1 or 2.

:hahano:

Are you not responsible for that?

Me? Or russians in general? I did nuthin' personally, except for buying all those shitty games back in the day, hoping that supporting the industry will drag it out of the toilet someday. But now it's dead completely, and I'm actually happy about it.

DramaticPopcorn

I have spent way too much time playing Boiling Point: Xenus or some such. Great buggy rus game

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom