Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Re-Announcement Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Gerrard

Arcane
Dorito Pope on twitter

Xbox will have a lot of third party content on stage - and some surprising partners. There will be a few meaningful first party announcements too. Should be a strong showing for the industry.
:shredder:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Why can't CDPR have their own slot, show, or whatever they call it, at E3?

They have one game, not worth putting on a whole show for. Also Cyberpunk is too big to just low-key have it there on the show floor when it opens. Soooooooo they partner with someone to show it on THEIR stage. Makes perfect sense.

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
why I have this feeling that we will see no gameplay combat presentation?
Probably because it's being said that gameplay will be shown behind closed doors.
For everyone there will be some kinda CGI trailer.

CGI only would be useless and an absolute disgrace. This game was announced 6 years ago with a CGI trailer. Another one now would be very sad.

(CGI trailers are always completely useless by the way - but in this case even more so)

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Partnership with Microsoft? So that's what, some sort of semi-exclusive deal? Cyberpunk first on Xbox and PS4+PC two months later?

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
They may be big boys but they still aren't in the league of Bigga' boiz aka Tetrarchy of Decline aka EA, Ubisoft, Bethesda and Square Enix. Sony and Microsoft are like Gods or Titans compared to rest of the lot - in terms of size, influence and money.

They might have their Steam (GOG) but they don't have enough potatoes to pay for their own conference. Besides these conferences tend to last for at least an hour, once 15 min talk and reveil of Cyberpunk is done (cause gameplay will be shown behind curtain) and maybe another 10 min are dedicated to Gwent (their Hearthstone) what will they play for the remaining 35 min. of conference? Live performance of Krakowiak dance where male dancers are dressed as Panzerboys and females as Nomads while devs get to play Gwent while doing Slav squats in the background?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

They have one game, not worth putting on a whole show for. Also Cyberpunk is too big to just low-key have it there on the show floor when it opens. Soooooooo they partner with someone to show it on THEIR stage. Makes perfect sense.
I may be wrong, but the E3s which I remember from the faraway past were attended by many companies, some showing just a single game. I think Deus Ex was announced and shown on an E3?

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent

I may be wrong, but the E3s which I remember from the faraway past were attended by many companies, some showing just a single game. I think Deus Ex was announced and shown on an E3?

That's from distant past, back when Bioware was synonyms for good story-telling, Grimoire was recently announced and newest Dungeon Keeper wasn't made for the phones...

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Partnership with Microsoft? So that's what, some sort of semi-exclusive deal? Cyberpunk first on Xbox and PS4+PC two months later?

I think the game is too big to launch on the platform with the least number of players and piss off the majority of their fanbase.

Latelistener

Arcane
They had deals with MS in the past (Witcher 2 never came out on PS3), so it's nothing new.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Witcher 2 never came out on PS3

What. I actually had no idea.

That's not gonna happen this time, obviously, but a "partnership with Microsoft" must mean something. Nobody gives away conference time (or money) for nothing.

Maybe Microsoft will be the good corporation in this game lol.

Latelistener

Arcane
That's not gonna happen this time, obviously, but a "partnership with Microsoft" must mean something.
At this point it only means that they will be showing the game on Microsoft E3 conference, just like they did in the past with Witcher 3.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
And the big games aren't exclusive to one conference. They are often shown at both, and in the last years, it was mostly Playstation who had some time exclusive DLC or something to announce.

TW2 not on PS3 wasn't a Microsoft thing iirc. They weren't able to do it in time.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
That's not gonna happen this time, obviously, but a "partnership with Microsoft" must mean something.
At this point it only means that they will be showing the game on Microsoft E3 conference, just like they did in the past with Witcher 3.

Did they? Ah, so it's probably just a way for Microsoft to gain visibility since their own lineup is likely just as banal boring shit as always.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ok they'll showcase 50 games. Do I have to fucking sit through boring banal akshun shit to get to Cyberpunk?
^what an entitled fucktard

No, boyo! Go to sleep and we'll give you a call when it's on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom