Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CYOA Discord?

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey, maybe we should create general channel about Quests, COYAs and generally have a talk sometimes. It would be nice thing to have fast way for talk.

lightbane

Arcane
Why? There's the RPGCodex chat and the Steam one IIRC. A channel to talk about Quests seems a bit niche I think, but perhaps you can elaborate your idea.

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Why? There's the RPGCodex chat and the Steam one IIRC. A channel to talk about Quests seems a bit niche I think, but perhaps you can elaborate your idea.

Steam one IRC? Huh, never heard about that. Kek, like anybody form CYOAs guys ever would be on Dex shoutbox. We could create Discord just for our small community to serve as chat and such.

lightbane

Arcane
I meant the Steam group chat for RPG Codex, sorry for the confusion. To be honest though, I never saw anyone here, although lately I don't have the time to use Steam anyway.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Codex could use the ability to group shoutboxes, true enough.

lightbane

Arcane
Thinking about it, a chat would be fine indeed. However, there's an issue that would make using this quite difficult: Different timezones. Also, not everyone will be willing to use voice-chat.

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Discord isn't voicechat, that is. It is like new IRC, actually, with option to talk on it. It saves the quotes. Holy fuck people, I know it is Dex, but really, check the new trends.

lightbane

Arcane
Oh right, you meant this, Karwelas: https://discordapp.com/

I used it a little. Unfortunately, the group I happened to be with were a good example of everything wrong with social media: They were a bunch of entitled idiots with little tolerance towards "foreigners", more group-think than anything else. It should be fine with the Codex, though. Hopefully.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom