Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Czech game "Inquisitor" - ever heard of it?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This game would have really, really benefitted from having much less combat and a less Diablo-like way of design... or at least combat that's not as incredibly clunky.

Psquit

Arcane
So compared to paying through all of Lionheart, would this game be more tedious combat-wise, or are they similar ?
some fights are way to hard, for example the ghosts of act 1 those fucker insta kill with a few hits :x
i never had to buy 300 potions in any "rpg" but in this game 300 potions goes down quite fast.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
sea You didn't seen massive Palaces Priests dwell in Potatoland... To be honest they attack you only after you beat the shit out of their fellow priest. So I am not sure if they're all in the cult. Using intimidation/karma whatever as option would be nice, but it would not be Diablo like game then. Anybody found the Missing Girl from act 2? Sister of Inkeeper.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
So compared to paying through all of Lionheart, would this game be more tedious combat-wise, or are they similar ?
some fights are way to hard, for example the ghosts of act 1 those fucker insta kill with a few hits :x
i never had to buy 300 potions in any "rpg" but in this game 300 potions goes down quite fast.

run for the guards, they will help you!

Terpsichore

Arcane
Ok, i am stuck in that ancient-whatever tomb (where the hag sends you to), i cleared it, clicked on the 4 statues and looted the golden chest, but the gate simply won't open, equipping the amulet or the axe does nothing.

Anyone?

Commissar Draco

Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ok, i am stuck in that ancient-whatever tomb (where the hag sends you to), i cleared it, clicked on the 4 statues and looted the golden chest, but the gate simply won't open, equipping the amulet or the axe does nothing.

Anyone?

Just keep pushing all 4... I am not sure if there is any order you must take.... I lost 12 000 jewgold... BTW Jewgold in this game as in mayority of RPGs is total BS... Only one which made it in right way was Drakensang with Gold, Silver and Coppers... with most expenisive magic Magic Gear costing 20-30 Ducats... which meant years wages for most people.

Terpsichore

Arcane
I'm at 160k, should probably buy tons of magic boxes and beef up my char... but then again, i can just steal those.

ironyuri

I'm at 160k, should probably buy tons of magic boxes and beef up my char... but then again, i can just steal those.

or you could open console with ~

and type \addskillpts 200

\addexp 500000

\addgold 200000

etc.

Anyway, bros, I'm sorry. I caved. I got to act 3, I was level 44 under my own steam and grind and bossage. But I've been forced to cheat myself up and add skill points so I can cast better spells. I can't do the combat anymore.

Finding the Paladin Grand Master in Act 3 requires going through a 4 level dungeon filled with paladins to slaughter, only to reach the end and have the grandmaster ignore the fact you've just killed 200+ of his men, and tell you why you shouldn't arrest him because he is not the real heretics but a good guy and ughhhhh the combat.

I can't do 5 level dungeons anymore. They're too long. The level and encounter design is severely fucked in Act 3.

Terpsichore

Arcane
Some fights are just outright retarded and force you to exploit ai.

Like the Fae'Darlion fight, do they expect you to face him and the 8-10 aoe nuking ghosts with pots alone? Had to kite them to the healing statue and mash it nonstop.

LizardKing

Scholar
I can't do 5 level dungeons anymore. They're too long. The level and encounter design is severely fucked in Act 3.

There's still plenty of dungeon crawling after Citadel.
The last set of dungeons at least had one dungeon that was different (atrocious teleport puzzle dungeon).
I ran through those last dungeons as fast as I could, they were as tedious and unnecessary as any of the dungeons in the game.

Hmm..
There's supposed to be multiple endings but when I choose the bad ending, the game throws me straight to the menu screen.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I think I've collected enough material for a review... I am going to devastate this game.

flabbyjack

Arcane
I don't get what is with the hate for all the mage bosses. I routinely 2-hit kill them with my pally (Boss at end of Colosseum, Fae'Darlion, etc)

Commissar Draco Just keep pressing forward, its near the end of Act 2 (You rescue someone from the bottom of the Devil's Caverns, then shortly after resolve the Innkeeper's Sister quest)

Commissar Draco

Patron
Well fact that Grand Master is not heretic was no surprise for me... He was not Member of Inquisition with Latin name. :smug: But seriously to kill 200 paladins in artificially built Dungeon? With no option to skip it as Master Knight? This is as :retarded:as Nar shada finale in Restored Content Mod... OK I am playing FTL instead.

Giauz Ragnacock

Scholar
Good news guys. I think I broke the surface. I created a paladin (didn't give a crap about the name this time), and focused him on speed and taking damage (like from magic) and put a few points in DEX for the future. I killed all the bats and scooped up what treasure I could find. Now I have just entered town and have spoken some with the sheriff.

I have encountered a few bugs so far: I can only save over auto-save slot and I can only use potions by quick-slot (double-clicking them stopped working). Also, I stole some stuff by a fire in the nearby woods and all of a sudden fireballs come at me from below where my guy is standing (after running away and then going back to check, nothing seems to be amiss?).

Finally, using the pause button and arrow keys for movement has made things seem much better (for now...) than my other play attempts (funny how I don't remember either of those commands mentioned in anything gog. com gave me).

Commissar Draco

Patron
Good news guys. I think I broke the surface. I created a paladin (didn't give a crap about the name this time), and focused him on speed and taking damage (like from magic) and put a few points in DEX for the future. I killed all the bats and scooped up what treasure I could find. Now I have just entered town and have spoken some with the sheriff.

I have encountered a few bugs so far: I can only save over auto-save slot and I can only use potions by quick-slot (double-clicking them stopped working). Also, I stole some stuff by a fire in the nearby woods and all of a sudden fireballs come at me from below where my guy is standing (after running away and then going back to check, nothing seems to be amiss?).

Finally, using the pause button and arrow keys for movement has made things seem much better (for now...) than my other play attempts (funny how I don't remember either of those commands mentioned in anything gog. com gave me).

Checked run as Administrator box? and make sure your fire wall won't block it.

Saxon1974

Prophet
I am enjoying this game so far. I have explored around the first town and the execution area. Granted the stamina regeneration where you have to stand still is retarded...how can someone develop a game for 12 years and not realize that feature sucks? Also the writing is ok for a translation to English i think. Sure there are grammar errors and weird stuff here and there but overall its not that bad. Yes some is repetitive but I like lots of dialog and am finding the mystery of finding the heretic pretty fun. I do agree combat isnt very good but pretty much all real time combat sucks so not really surprised there.

Havent got to any dungeons yet though so my impression of the game might change. I like exploration isometric 2d games though so I can overlook some crappy mechanics if the world is interesting to explore around. Sounds and graphics are very nice I think.

I even read the novel that comes with the game, not bad for an amatuer effort.

I wasn't really expecting much from this game for 15$ so I think maybe I will enjoy it. If you look at it like "it was in development as an old school RPG for 12 years" then I guess your opinions might be a bit more harsh.

Granted I'm still very early in the game so I might come back and codexrage later.

Commissar Draco

Patron
Worth 15 ZionBugs? Yes... Good Old style RPG game? Not. Dialogues, Setting, Graphics, and sounds all are well but it is all not enough when core gameplay: Combat sucks donkie balls. Will complete it when somebody will make patch/mod rebalancing combat, monsters and loot.... or atleast will add God Mode So I can skip 4 dungeons at finale and get to Adventure/Detective game part..... Even Lionheart had Unique Artefacts with fixed stats and less tedious combat. My poor Paladin can't even boost his bros using their portraits and using magic while paused is must here otherwise you end up dead in seconds cause many monsters take your stamina and health. Fuck this game and its Sadistic Devs.

cutterjohn

Cipher
yes, we did, many times. english version was to come out in 2010, but nothing was heard since then...
Ah! Hah! I thought that this was that game that was made LONG ago w/no english trans... IMNHO they can go fuck themselves for $15, when they go $5 maybe I'll try it!

Morkar Left

They should rebalance combat and abilities. And improve the ui, I especially missed more quickslots and not being able to cast from the spellbook.
If this gets done it would be a very fine game.

Ringhausen

Augur
Weak combat can be overlooked if there's a reasonable amount of it, but it's quite clear they threw in an extra level or 5 into dungeons just to get that 100+ hours of gameplay sticker.

I'm in act 3 and really bored. Not even because of the combat since Pillar of Salt is basically a cheat code but storywise it's more of the same and all the annoyances are mounting up. The third town is divided into 4 sections even though there isn't that much there. All the NPCs live in identical houses and are on the second floors so it's a bitch to find a specific quest giver. Then the journal won't note down vital information. Then I can't get through a dungeon even though I pulled all the levers. Then I accidentally sold a quest item. Then the pixel hunting blarghnhh...

And the god damn arbitrariness. I'm investigating the murder of the king and found out that this one guy had an argument with him, was seen leaving the scene of the crime and has wounds that may come from the struggle. Seems like ample suspicion to arrest him, right? Can I arrest him? Nope. The game has decided that I have to go kill a million paladins, then talk to their leader, then talk to a priest, then find out that the guy I suspected all along confessed to him and NOW I can go arrest him!

And I probably won't be able to finish the game since the paladin leader aggrod me and is unkillable.

Morkar Left

Imho the game was meant as a diablo clone with an open and believable world. Therefore I don't mind all that killing and dungeon crawling as a design decision. Too bad the most important part of it sucks; the combat. Everything else I' impressed by the game and is enjoyable by me. With the design focus on combat it's really odd that it is that badly designed. Especially when you could overcome it with some relatively simple redistribution of stat values.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom