Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die reaches everyone's favorite beige tower

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Well shit, XBox One™ just can't catch a break, can it? Unless SWERY of Deadly Premonition fame is on something it seems like D4 is coming to PC soon-ish.

https://twitter.com/Swery65/status/593012887167184896

mgPmVPW.jpg

I don't know much about the game considering it apparently wasn't finished because Microsoft dropped it like a rock after poor sales, but it's SWERY doing his quirky shit in episodic format this time around. Maybe someone else can enlighten us and say if this belongs in the right subforum?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
It's a fine Swery-style adventure that suffered from being released on the wrong system. It has all the usual Swery quirks: shit graphics, shit gameplay, great characters, intrigue, weird Americabooism.

Maybe being release on PC will make it possible for the game to be finished. It's an intriguing story.

A horse of course

Minimum Specifications
OS: Windows 7 64-bit edition or Windows 8 64-bit edition
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz or an equivalent AMD CPU
Memory: 6GB RAM
Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 or AMD Radeon HD 6870 (VRAM 1GB)
Display: 1280×720
DirectX: DirectX 11
HDD: 10GB of free space
Sound Card: A DirectX 11 compatible card
Other: Keyboard and mouse necessary. Compatible with XInput controllers such as the Xbox 360 controller.

Recommended Specifications
OS: Windows 7 64-bit edition or Windows 8 64-bit edition
CPU: Intel Corei7 4770K @ 3.5GHz or an equivalent AMD CPU
Memory: 8GB RAM
Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 or AMD Radeon HD 7850 (VRAM 2GB)
Display: 1920×1080
DirectX: DirectX 11
HDD: 20GB of free space
Sound Card: A DirectX 11 compatible card
Other: Keyboard and mouse necessary. Compatible with XInput controllers such as the Xbox 360 controller.

:terrorist:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Because Microsoft abandoned them, Swery and his team are doing the port themselves. They have never done any PC programming in their lives before.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
this is most likely a "better safe than sorry" kind of deal where they list far higher than required hardware.

or maybe not. i mean, deadly premonition was a nightmare even on consoles.

Modron

Arcane
Because Microsoft abandoned them, Swery and his team are doing the port themselves. They have never done any PC programming in their lives before.

So what you're saying is it will probably be a better port than deadly premonition?

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I still wonder if SWERY got that idea greenlit where he wanted a detective game about a girl detective who would gain more insight on a mystery she's investigating after masturbating.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Well, that was something. SWERY certainly hasn't lost it completely, although I have to wonder how tolerable all this mouse/pad waggling about will be in the long run. Nice of them to give you accurate number of minutes how long the demo is, though. You decide if it's worth downloading this for 13-15 minutes of play time.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
God, the QTEs in this game seem retarded as fuck, it's only because it's a SWERY game that I'm giving this one a second glance. Deadly Premonition was majestic.

So, it seems the game is out for the PC, has anybody tried it yet?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom