Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls 3

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
just beat the first boss. opened the door and it froze. then i quit, reload. opened the door, fight the 2 hollows near the cliffside (the one with spear and shield) and it froze again.

my specs:

GTX 1080 (drivres 376.19)
Win 10
i5 4670

playing on max setting.

maybe it is the nvidia control panel setting where i ramp up the AA and AF?

the game should be patched automatically and i have ashes on ariandel too.

well, that's twice in less than 30 minutes. in my experience, only heavily modded/day 1 bethesda/obsidian games do this. not even dark souls 1 crashed on me. sure it ran like shit with undersized flagella, but it never crash or froze.

wow. wat

Perkel

Arcane
Seems like GPU issue. Roll back drivers and see if it will happen again. This was probably worst year for nvidia in therm of drivers since i don't remember when.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
just beat the first boss. opened the door and it froze. then i quit, reload. opened the door, fight the 2 hollows near the cliffside (the one with spear and shield) and it froze again.

my specs:

GTX 1080 (drivres 376.19)
Win 10
i5 4670

playing on max setting.

maybe it is the nvidia control panel setting where i ramp up the AA and AF?

the game should be patched automatically and i have ashes on ariandel too.

well, that's twice in less than 30 minutes. in my experience, only heavily modded/day 1 bethesda/obsidian games do this. not even dark souls 1 crashed on me. sure it ran like shit with undersized flagella, but it never crash or froze.

wow. wat

You are cursed. Go see a priest.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
vPJg0W8.png

NSFW

:abyssgazer:

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Onyx Blade (dlc greatsword) super early.

Step 1: Pyromancer.

Step 2: Get to woods area.

Step 3: Talk to emo mage, send him home.

Step 4: Go to Farron Swamp, grab two scrolls.

Step 4a (optional) get the Lingering Dragon Ring.

Step 5: go back to woods, kill Mage boss.

Step 6: Buy sparkly spells to get Slumbering Dragon Ring.

Step 7: Buy Hidden Body spell.

Step: 8 Wear Slumbering Dragon Ring.

Step 9: Enter DLC area.

Step 10: Cast Hidden Body and run past everything.

Step 11: Find the emo knight in the church area and lure him off a cliff.

Step 12: enjoy.

Here's a video showing how to get easy mode items.

Silva

Arcane
- Why Undead Settlement and Lothric castle don't "fit" like Lothric castle suddenly was risen on a mountain
Could it be due to Lothric merging with Lordran ?

By the way, your elaboration on the plot is pretty insightful and inspiring. I had discarded the game after a single plathrough (where I ended up breaking all plot lines, sadly), but now I will try it again keeping a look on these details.

deuxhero

Arcane
Is it just me or is DS3's lockon the worst yet in the series for ranged characters? It's completely inconsistent in regards to range you can get lock on and how you lose lockon.

Perkel

Arcane
Is it just me or is DS3's lockon the worst yet in the series for ranged characters? It's completely inconsistent in regards to range you can get lock on and how you lose lockon.

Yeah DS3 lockon tends to delock for some reason. Usually if there is something between you and enemy.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
It's very inconsistent between different enemies, but seems purposefully so. As an example, the sinner has a very long lock on range while the arena is lit up, but very low otherwise. Plenty of other enemies are like this too, limiting your lockon range to make things more tactically difficult.

Silva

Arcane
- Why Izalith is under Carthus which is under Oolacile ?
Cornyx the old pyromancer explains that, as the lands of Lothric are shifting (due to the fading of fire) its possible that important lands of legend confluence nearby. "Or so say the old tales", he says.

So Lothric, Farron, Carthus and Izalyth were never geographically near of each other. They are NOW due to the fading of fire. (but your theory on Carthus being razed in the past by the Legion is sound, I like it). The same goes to Anor Londo, it wasn't originally nearby Yrithill.

How about the timeline ? Can you say which Lord came before each other ? I suspect Yhorm and the Legion are the oldest of the bunch, as the former looks like a descendant of DS2 Giants from beyond the sea, and the Legion is based on the legend of Artorias and Sif. Lothric prince is obviously the newest, as is Aldritch since his deeds (and his friend Sullyvahn) are all over the place. Which puts Ludleth of Courland on the middle of the timeline.

Last edited:

Silva

Arcane
Something about Irithyll and the whole Sullyvhan thing bothers me. I don't mind Irithyll being a development/evolution from Anor Londo and Darkmoon (its even cool), but Sullyvahn motivations for doing all that shit doesn't make sense for me. Exiling his knights to far away lands, protecting Aldritch (who devoured one of the city's main deities), convincing prince Lothric not to link the flame, etc. Why da fuck is he doing this ? Someone kicked his dog or something ? Sullyvahn feels like a cardboard villain, unconvincing as fuck.

fucking Namco and their retarded marketing department:roll: i wonder what happens this time? every boss fight spoiled in first trailer? twich/jewtube e-celebs finishing dlc week before everyone else? pc players who payed for season pass getting dlc later than everyone else?

vmar

Savant
fucking Namco and their retarded marketing department:roll: i wonder what happens this time? every boss fight spoiled in first trailer? twich/jewtube e-celebs finishing dlc week before everyone else? pc players who payed for season pass getting dlc later than everyone else?

all of the above

Urbanolo

Augur
I don't think much people give a fuck about DS 3 anymore. The 'hype' died way way sooner than with the other DS titles, or so it seems. That's what you get for designing trashcan PvP.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I don't think much people give a fuck about DS 3 anymore. The 'hype' died way way sooner than with the other DS titles, or so it seems. That's what you get for designing trashcan PvP.
Hype died sooner because it's worse than previous titles without any real replayability.

Most of the mainstream hype surrounding previous Dark Souls games, in my experience, was the "hardcore gamers" jerking each other off over how challenging the Dark Souls franchise was and how superior they were to the general public because of their particular choice of entertainment. By the time Dark Souls 3 rolled around, people largely knew what to expect and everyone knew the fact that the games weren't nearly as challenging as the elitist jackasses would have you believe. DS3 could've been the best entry in the series by far and I still don't think the hype would've lasted very long.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
By the time Dark Souls 3 rolled around, people largely knew what to expect and everyone knew the fact that the games weren't nearly as challenging as the elitist jackasses would have you believe.

Everyone largely knew what to expect but nobody expected DS3 will bring absolutely nothing beyond expectations. I had a good time the first go around but looking back right afterwards I was shocked what a drab, cut-and-dried, lazy half-assed sequel it actually was. I played SotfS for the first time a few months later and I squealed with delight over the amount of details, new ideas and care put into it. Tbh DS2 is not super-brilliant but compared to that money-grabbing, disinterested shovelware that From was obviously forced to disgorge by their corporate masters it was a revelation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom