Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls 3

typical user

Arbiter
I finally got around to playing the first DLC and finished it in one sitting, about 4 hours. I really, really liked the final boss, gave me a lot more trouble than any other boss in the main game on NG+, SL 125.

IMO it's a harder boss than the Nameless, the third stage is bonkers. Word is a few bosses in Bloodborne are harder, can't say, but Friede is the hardest boss of all Dark Souls in my book.

When you get the hang of it Sister Friede is actually easier than Nameless King because you can easily stagger her. NK has delayed attacks so if you spam roll he will catch you out of i-frames. In 3rd phase you just need to spam your rolls until you see opening to stun-lock her.

The hard part of her is the fact that she can burn your estus in first two phases and these can take some time.

Mojobeard

Augur
In Bloodborne I enjoyed the difficult bosses, since the mechanics were so good. But conversely Nameless King and Friede are ruined by Dark Souls 3's mechanics and lack of polish.

Biggest problem with Nameless King for me was just trying to hit the dragon. With most weapons it's a nightmare. You hug its' collision box, press R1 and fucking miss. Easiest late game dodges, so there's no danger, but my sword hits air. Same fight with a spear and it goes by twice as fast.

And Friede suffers from being a Bloodborne enemy, she's just way too fast. Whole fight you're just wishing for the BB-slide. You'll notice this notice this from summons using fight-specific bullshit builds, bow only and etc.

sullynathan

Arcane
Biggest problem with Nameless King for me was just trying to hit the dragon. With most weapons it's a nightmare. You hug its' collision box, press R1 and fucking miss. Easiest late game dodges, so there's no danger, but my sword hits air. Same fight with a spear and it goes by twice as fast.
The dragon is the worst part of the nameless king but you easily get used it after beating it. When you git gud, you can use slow weapons to beat it.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Lol, the dragon part of the Nameless is one of the easiest boss battles in DS3. In my 20 unsuccessful attempts I almost always aced it without even being hit and I'm the Pope of painfully average DS players. Even the first stage of Nameless on the ground is not that bad. Sadly I could never get through his second stage.

With Friede I almost always got through the first two stages without many problems but the third is just bonkers. Gave it a few attempts and concluded it's not worth any further bother. Even with summons it took 3 or 4 attempts. Crazy fight.

These fights with fast comboing human opponents are the favorites among the DS elite but I actually hate them. They're all about one damn thing - getting your timing down to a milisecond. Fuck that anal shit. I MUCH prefer monster fights like Sinh, Sif or Kalameet, they're much easier but a heap of fun (except trying to whack that tail from Kalameet, that was a fucking shitfest lol).

Last edited:

Hyperion

Arcane
Big monster fights are good unless they devolve into camera fuckery and pushing your character around (even if it does no damage) like Darkbeast Paarl, Cleric Beast, Titanite Demons (close enough to being a boss), and Vordt. I wasn't a huge fan of Friede, either. Phase 1 was a retard check, Phase 2 is your stereotypical, "it has 2 enemies, it's a tough boss!" fight, while Phase 3 should have been called "check your strength weapons at the door." Ended up beating her using only the Astora Greatsword, but it took like 6 or 7 attempts, when a Carthus Curved Sword would have done the trick in 2 or 3.

DS3 reeked of trying to morph into Bloodborne while keeping the physics of a Souls game, and it made bosses like Friede.

Last edited:

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Nameless king dragon is very easy to defeat. Just avoid the attacks and punish the head of the dragon in time. After a couple of hits its stun and allows you for a critical hit which tends to be almost half of the dragon's health. And Friede is easy even in third phase. In can be staggered so te only thing you must care is your stamina bar (For attacking, rolling and blocking). If you're got without stamina then you're fucked. This kind of bosses follows the philosohpy design of Artorias, that means they punish every mistake you commit. And in Dark souls 3 they tend to punish rolling spamming catching you when you're out of i-frames.

Big bosses in this franchise tend to have a copule of "camera block" points, like Cleric beast. So you can switch between them according the situation. Btw I always fight really big bosses without locking the camera, just using the right stick to manage it, Monster hunter like. Could be very precise, depending of preference and skill.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
so what about that trailer debunks theory that manus was furtive pygmy?

i find debating Souls lore quite cringy when half of it is literally fan-fiction/head-canon of some autistic anon or youtube personality :lol: ffs until april 2016 people were deadset that Solaire was Gwyns son :roll:

from article:

... This new adventure has players chasing after the Slave Knight Gael to the literal end of the world as he searches for the Dark Soul of Humanity....

That is not some veiled thing. IT is right there released officially by devs (or BD)

-------------------------
-------------------------

As for community findings i disagree. Sure a lot of stuff is fan-fiction but there are a lot of legitimate stuff. Whole Velka lore is basically community finding. War of gods, family feud in Gwyn family and so on. Basically if it wasn't for community there wouldn't be almost any lore. It is also pretty obvious that developers intended it that way which is ultra obvious after DS3.

As for solare they were really close. Community saying Solaire was Gwyn firsborn was mistake but it was based around Sun covenant lore and ties to firsborn which was in the end true and confirmed in DS3.

I think most amazing vid with lore is that one which established Velka as one of The Witches of Izalith also as Saint in DS2. It is long but share amount of coincidences and plain logic suggest it is actually pretty apt theory (which is often not the case for those types of videos):

That Ashen Hollow fucktard... he is like the classic fanboi retard which makes up these wild ass theories which jump into fan fiction
His retardness about the fucking Witch of Izilith beign the pigmy ffs...
The game in the original Kanji has the word for Pigmy as in male pigmy and the spanish, italian and french versions of the game clearly refer to that character as a male
When I confronted the fucker about it he started his argument saying that he had forgotten more about Dark Souls lore than I ever would know
He puts people like Vatti, Dave and ENB On the spot since their stuff is well documented and regarded while his theories and wild ass lore is why people outside the Souls comunnity think the lore is some fan made up shit

Perkel

Arcane
That Ashen Hollow fucktard... he is like the classic fanboi retard which makes up these wild ass theories which jump into fan fiction
His retardness about the fucking Witch of Izilith beign the pigmy ffs...
The game in the original Kanji has the word for Pigmy as in male pigmy and the spanish, italian and french versions of the game clearly refer to that character as a male
When I confronted the fucker about it he started his argument saying that he had forgotten more about Dark Souls lore than I ever would know
He puts people like Vatti, Dave and ENB On the spot since their stuff is well documented and regarded while his theories and wild ass lore is why people outside the Souls comunnity think the lore is some fan made up shit

Just because it is referenced as male it doesn't need to be male. Most of languages including japanese reconize sex of objects and concepts even if they do not have sex (duh). Anyone who is using such language (like polish) will quickly point out that most of concepts are predominantly MALE. In polish pygmy and soul are MALE (pygmy) and female (Dusza). Only worthwhile information you can get from this is when specifically try to change sex of object or concept to be female which btw sometimes isn't even possible.

Which is why for most people who use those languages english is both easy to learn and sounds absolutely ridiculous when you directly translate it as it it like two dumb neanderthals talking to each other in simple worlds because they don't understand complex worlds.

No, thank YOU, Miyazaki! I'm so glad this game isn't Dark Souls 2, omg. :O

One thing is right. I hope all multiplayer snowflakes will move to for honor and other garbage like that. It is pretty tiring to have single player experience dumbed down to multiplayer retards. Dragon form despite its obvious problems with targeting works pretty well in single player.

I remember days of Deamon's Souls when every one who played noticed that you can integrate multi into single player without making single shit and you can use elements of multi to enchance single player aspect of the game. Final boss being summoned player to fight ? fuck yes please. Invaders who work as mid dungeon bosses ?

In DS1 they enchanced that Nito covenant which basically forced you to hunt players as part of single player experience, forest which made you go through player defended forest, darkmoons who pursued those who killed Gwynevre phanom.

But in DS1 rot started to set already with people more focused on some faggy dueling than playing a role in covenant. Common multiplayer dogmas started to replace new innovate way to handle multiplayer. What was first about invading and killing host it became some sort of penis bro fist of two gentelmen with fedora and katana in their hands.

Then came DS2. DS popularity was in full swing. Lot of neckbears katana enthusiasts wanting that duel at dawn. Finding anyone RPing was almost impossible.

DS3 didn't fix that. But at least slashed community into smaller chunks and somehow made some people do again RP. All neckbeards usually went for red phantom as it was easy to do it while those who still somehow understood that DS isn't normal game went for mad covenant.

So in DS3 when you get invaded. Red phantoms are almost always those deplate at start all estus retards who spend 10 minutes trying to wave and shit (and then complain on boards that they got ganked) and mad ones which is half/half.

It is hilarious that noScope 12 year old can better roleplay as red phantom than 30 old dude. Because kid goes straight to fight and uses everything under his character to fuck you up while 30 old dude plays ninja from anime.

Imo best way to fix problem would be to remove all gestures from invaders. Only Player and his summoned people should have it. This would imminently end most of this "bushido" crap. Secondly remove completely estus from invaders. With this they wouldn't be able to communicate their honorable proud japanese soul and get right into it forcing to RP them as mobs.

Last edited:

Hyperion

Arcane
You mean you don't slow walk away from your opponent's corpse, Washing Blade in hand, Dark Mask covering your face? What are you, fucking casual?

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Dark Souls pvp was always shit, people who pretend otherwise are the kinds of faggots that sit at the top of ladders with 2 white phantoms or rush to +10 weapons and then invade newbie players looking for the first merchant. If you want to play some shitty pvp where personal skill is basically irrelevant, nobody is stopping you. Enjoy camping that ladder Perkel.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
DS pvp is an awesome idea it's just FromSoft have been tweaking it by listening to faggots, retards and aspies. Channeling invaders into worlds with one or more phantoms is retarded beyond belief, it completely discourages the vast bulk of average players from occassionally invading. The result is only griefers and tryhards invade in DS3.

Also adding an infinite REO was a mistake, people whos entire schtick is to invade 24/7 are the main source of annoyance in the game and giving them a way to do it so easily only adds to the pile of shit. Not only the REO shouldn't have been added but cracked REOs should've been made much more rare.

Last edited:

Cadmus

Arcane
Bought the game - 85 €

the game started freezing my PC randomly

refunded

fuckin lol

for 85 € they can't even make the PC version work? Xbox buttons? because they are too lazy to replace the .jpg pictures they used to display them?
roflmao

fuck From or the other vietnamese chink retards who publish this shit, Namco Bandai or wtf

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Perkel
Ok I will give you that even though the whole concept of the pigmy is that he didn't matter since his function is that he was the "father of humanity" and his dark souls was split among the humans...
The Witch of Izlith clearly is a "god" and her daughters and son are clearly not human, and that retarded Ashen Fucktard makes these incredible leaps of logic like "hey her hands are all dirty and burn and the the pygmy's hands are burnt....They are one and the same!"
They are clearly different characters with very different roles and his faggotry is what makes people think that the "story" of the Dark Souls games is fan fiction at its worst

Cadmus

Arcane
dunno why I get rated retarded for not putting up with the game not fucking working for the insane price they're asking for it, lol cucks

Cadmus

Arcane
also the story in DS is fucking retarded because it's presented like this:
fb8b97_5240860.jpg

Souls games stories are not the most original or complicated but at least they dont force you to sit through 12 hours of shitty cutscenes like witcher3. but hey that muh cinematic experience :salute:

Silva

Arcane
Any tip for a blade of darkmoon larp playthrough ? My pure pyromancer made the game a bit redundant, and now I got to meet Yorshka, she convinced me to join their ranks.

I thought blades of darkmoon were fighter-sorcerer types but in fact they seem to be fighter-miracle men. Is this right ? Any tips ? What are my options?

sullynathan

Arcane
That demon bat actually sounds cool. It has 2 phases and changes in its 3rd phase depending on which demon bat you kill.

Perkel

Arcane
imo lorewise this trailer does a lot.

Angels. Confirms all angelic faith community finds, That chick from trailer earlier is probably Gertrude. Which also confirms a lot about Rosaria, Gwynevre and rest of fuckup family.

Dark Wrights using pyromancy wearing dark sign. This basically confirms everything from ashen hollow video i posted earlier. Dark and pyromancy are connected.

Considering how much lore this DLC will pack my main question is where Gael and Painter Girl are in it.

racofer

Thread Incliner
So, more uber fast creatures with infinite stamina to get in your way. Yay...

Just rename it to Blood Souls III at this point. DS1 all the way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom