Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls 3

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'd like From made next the definitive Armored Core game with better budget, and careful handcrafted SP campaign. Also release it on PC for 60 FPS spectacular mecha combat.

AC For Answer is great and was close to be that, but you can see they needed a bit more money to create a godlike game.

For me it would be the best news possible from E3.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Just finished reading the Blame! manga series (after watching the Netflix movie) and bros, I tell you, this should be next From game.

It's perfectly fitting, from the dark, ominous atmosphere, to the "deductive" character of it's setting and plot, it's like a sci-fi brother of Dark Souls.
I would rather that From Software create something that's more of an RPG than Demon's/Dark Souls rather than less of an RPG. Licensing an existing intellectual property in order to use a pre-established character, setting, and plot seems unlikely to accomplish this and more likely to result in an action game. :M

You have perfectly described what From fags be wanting from a long time: A Berserk based game.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Just finished reading the Blame! manga series (after watching the Netflix movie) and bros, I tell you, this should be next From game.

It's perfectly fitting, from the dark, ominous atmosphere, to the "deductive" character of it's setting and plot, it's like a sci-fi brother of Dark Souls.
I would rather that From Software create something that's more of an RPG than Demon's/Dark Souls rather than less of an RPG. Licensing an existing intellectual property in order to use a pre-established character, setting, and plot seems unlikely to accomplish this and more likely to result in an action game. :M

You have perfectly described what From fags be wanting from a long time: A Berserk based game.

I think you mean Soulsfags, not Fromfags. Fromfags want another Armored Core or FPP dungeon crawler.

sullynathan

Arcane
I would like whoever designed Cathedral of the Deep to die, preferably in pain. :argh:

edit: Seriously bros, how the hell do you git gud at this game? I am reaching off the charts levels of frustration with it. If I play aggressively I get wrecked, if I try to dodge I get wrecked, if I try to turtle behind I shield I get wrecked, if I try to combine all 3 and try to adapt to the situation I get wrecked. Everything seems to be faster than me, has longer reach or faster recovery. I'm level 35 right now with 22 Vigor, 30 20 End and 19 Dex with a +3 Uchigatana. Have I fucked up this build and should consider restarting? What am I doing wrong? :negative:
You should be fine, where are you in game?

I would like whoever designed Cathedral of the Deep to die, preferably in pain. :argh:

edit: Seriously bros, how the hell do you git gud at this game? I am reaching off the charts levels of frustration with it. If I play aggressively I get wrecked, if I try to dodge I get wrecked, if I try to turtle behind I shield I get wrecked, if I try to combine all 3 and try to adapt to the situation I get wrecked. Everything seems to be faster than me, has longer reach or faster recovery. I'm level 35 right now with 22 Vigor, 30 20 End and 19 Dex with a +3 Uchigatana. Have I fucked up this build and should consider restarting? What am I doing wrong? :negative:

Always invest in HP and stamina first, then you can improve your damage.

praetor

Arcane

only scrubs think like that. gud players invest in damage so enemies are dead before they can inflict damage :smug:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Good choice. I hope you're using the charged R2 attacks. You may also play around with movesets of other Ultra Greatswords. Personally for pve I like the vertical chop-chop of Greatsword/Cathedral/Fume/Black Knight. And launching enemies with Black Knight GS never gets old. Of course, they'll need even more stamina & Vit.

praetor

Arcane
Yeah, that's what I thought except the fucker runs out of breath faster than an asthmatic in the middle of a fucking dust storm.

serious question: how in the hell are you running out of stamina in DS3 with small weapons? it has the fastest stamina regen with the least stamina consumption in the series (except maybe BB). it's one of the reasons combat is so shit in DS3, lol

only scrubs think like that. gud players invest in damage so enemies are dead before they can inflict damage :smug:

Yeah, but you need to git gud before, and he clearly haven't yet.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
So, I haven't been following the DLC status at all. Have they released them all yet? I've been waiting for them all to come out to make another playthrough.

Silva

Arcane
Facing the Dancer at NG, and it's a great fight. I had forgotten how her movements are cool and full of body feints. In fact, I think some of those I've never seen before. I think everybody should try Souls game in NG. Certain bosses take a whole new dimension.

By the way, doing a lord of hollows cosplay and noticed something with the Dark Drift. Sometimes it does more damage than what's listed, surpassing even more heavier weapons (like my Onix Blade fully upgraded). It seems the Drift ignores armor of certain enemies. Anyone noticed this?

Kutulu

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex
Facing the Dancer at NG, and it's a great fight. I had forgotten how her movements are cool and full of body feints. In fact, I think some of those I've never seen before. I think everybody should try Souls game in NG. Certain bosses take a whole new dimension.

By the way, doing a lord of hollows cosplay and noticed something with the Dark Drift. Sometimes it does more damage than what's listed, surpassing even more heavier weapons (like my Onix Blade fully upgraded). It seems the Drift ignores armor of certain enemies. Anyone noticed this?

I would not even touch a Katana with your hands.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I beat the game and felt pretty good about myself for a bit.

Then I talked to my friend (a very honest friend, no sarcasm) and he drops that he thought the game was quite easy. "Sure, it's not too bad compared to-" "Yeah, I only died to one boss once in my first playthrough."

What.

Then I told him that's hard to believe (but I do believe him, I watched parts of his first playthrough and he never, never, never ever died during those times.) but he said it's no big deal, he knows three more friends who also died only to one boss or never died to a boss. On their first time. (Note: including DLC bosses and Nameless King.)

I... clearly need to git gud. How good do you have to be to never die ON YOUR FIRST TIME? You don't even know the attack timings of the bosses yet! Gah.

Sigh. At least my own stats weren't all that bad. I did die to pretty much every boss at least once though, except Oceiros and Abyss Watchers. No boss took more than ~5 attempts except for Dragonslayer Armor, Lothric, Soul of Cinder and Nameless King.

In my defense, perhaps my weapons of choice were lackluster. Mostly no armor and a Bandit's Knife. Had to pull out a great hammer for Nameless and Cinder, though.

Grimlorn

Arcane
Sounds like your friend is yanking your chain or summoned every fight or something. There are too many grabs and one hit attacks that will kill you in one hit or almost kill you. No way a bunch of people who know each other 3 or 4 people you mentioned all went through everything while only dying once to one boss.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
That is what I thought but it's quite possible that he is indeed not lying. He played a super tanky build and plays very carefully. He /never/ died when I watched him play a bunch of DS3 on his first time on Stream so I think it /might/ be possible. Still... the odds of him AND his friends being this good are tiny.

It's just that I feel a bit bad! Nameless King took me ages, like 3 hours. Most bosses were not very hard for me, but Lothric and the Nameless King together took a lot of my time. And even to 'easy' bosses I died a bunch: Vordt once or twice because I was rusty, the tree because I didn't know he'd grab you, etc.

I do want to state there is not a single 1-hit kill I encountered in the entire game, though, with 27 Vigor.

Edit: i went through the log. My friend claims only Nameless King killed him once. See, that's what seems off. The Nameless King, despite taking me a long time, should, in theory, be easier than, say, the Dancer because all the attacks are telegraphed and he needs to recover a bit after each attack. It's far more likely to die on your Dancer 1st encounter because of the strange off-beat dodges that you can not expect the first time you fight her. Him. it.

That said, to be completely fair, he did do most of DS 1 and 2 without getting ever hit when I watched him play; the thing that is hard to believe to me is just that you'd do this on your first time through. Probably just me being gullible again. At least I can be proud of beating infamous Champion Gundyr on my first try without breaking a sweat! That was more luck than anything as I had a weapon he seemed to be weak against, my Bandit's Knife. That was a fight I really loved because all the attacks were telegraphed and he never seemed to vary the dodge timing much so all I had to do was not miss a beat.

Well, I still have the DLC bosses to go, minus Gravetender. So far I am not too fond of Ariandel. It feels a bit ... like a rehash sort of. The snow village ain't blowing me away.

Edit: the video below shows the sounds my friends must be making

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Well, I did beat the Dancer on the first try while struggling with most bosses.
Lost several hours on the DragonSlayer Armor, gave up after many hours and summoned help for the Namless King, Twin Princes and Pointiff Sylvhan. Took me quite a bit of effort to beat Champion Gundyr and even Abyss Watchers. Guess I need to git gud. But I'll prolly never have console reflexes.

Was warned by a friend to roll away as far as possible once the Dancer starts spinning and it worked very well. Her, Oceiros and Aldritch (once I learned his arrow pattern) were among the easier bosses for me.
Champion Gundyr was the most satisfying.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Eh, yes, but at least I could reliably beat the first phase after a few tries. The second one on the other hand....

Grimlorn

Arcane
I probably died 20 times to Nameless King. I tried different tactics like using a bigger weapon, I think Astora Greatsword because I was having trouble hitting Storm King with the longsword, but I couldn't get the timing down. Whenever I try to switch to bigger weapons it seems tough to roll out of the way in time. I eventually just two handed the longsword and that worked. Then I tried using a shield and rolling against Nameless King but he would just end up roll catching me. I eventually tried two handing the longsword against him and beat him on my second try of doing it. Somehow using the shield was slowing down my rolling and I was able to roll away from his attacks easier without it.

Friede I probably died 10-15 times on. Again I tried using a bigger weapon which just made things worse. Also tried parrying her. Kind of worked on her first phase but not second or third. I'm terrible at parrying though. Still take damage when I do it.

Midir probably a little less than 10 times including the times I tried using a Lothric Knight Greatsword and staggering him which didn't work at all. Switching back to longsword I did better.

Demon Prince probably 3 or 4 times.

Gravetender I beat on my first or second try.

Gael I only died once on and that was due to running out of Estus learning his moveset. He only had about 1/4 health left. Otherwise I could have beaten him on first try. He seems really easy.

After doing the DLC I didn't die on Soul of Cinder at all. He was easy too.

I probably died on all the Cinder Lord bosses about 5 times each. Even Yhorm because I couldn't figure out how to get the Storm Ruler's weapon art to work right.

But bosses I heard were difficult like Dancer, Pontiff's, Grundyr etc I only died once or twice. Dragonslayer 2 or 3 times. I think I might have beat Dancer on first try, can't remember for sure. Either that or only died once.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom