Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dark Souls Remastered Announced, Releases May 25th

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
One the one hand, FUCK ALL OF THESE REMASTERS AND AAA PUBLISHERS ARE ALL ASSHOLES AND SOMEONE PLAY MY INDIE CUPCAKE SIMULATOR.

On the other hand, I will buy this. If only because new server architecture promises to make multiplayer actually work.

CRD

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
with all the new info from the last hours is going to be just a dsfix remaster.

Same engine
same assets
same textures
no rebalance or gameplay changes
resolution support
no PC discount ?

So, 40€ for dsfix. A text book moneygrab.

Last edited:

Bl@de

Educated
Meh, useless. Dark Souls with DSfix was good enough and is a lot cheaper. Should‘ve remastered Demon‘s Souls. Still the best Souls game due to interesting concepts like world tendency and with the best atmosphere.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
About SotFS - yeah, it's scam.

What are you two dinguses talking about? SotfS was a standard "Game of the Year" edition, a base game with all the DLCs for the price of the vanilla. Plus the core game got some nice make up, additional items and a new boss. That's the best offer in the world for people like me who came late to the party.

Now the DS1 Remaster is a scam per excellence. Steal Durante's mod, fix the netcode, have some intern run a texture upscaling algorithm and and stick a 40$ price tag on the package. Not a single content of QoL improvement even tho the community has been waiting for shit like respec, grid-based UI, mass consumables, better NG+ or Lost Izalith fix for years.

Up until Bloodborne FromSoft has been a paragon of handcrafted exquisiteness. Judging from DS3 and this so called Remaster they turned into the laziest, greediest and dumbest developer in Japan.

Black Angel

Arcane
What are you two dinguses talking about? SotfS was a standard "Game of the Year" edition, a base game with all the DLCs for the price of the vanilla. Plus the core game got some nice make up, additional items and a new boss. That's the best offer in the world for people like me who came late to the party.
It split the PC fanbase because it's a DX11 edition that can't be upgraded to from DX9 unless you pay exactly the amount you spent when buying the game Day 1. Basically it fucked everyone who bought the game Day 1 in the ass because, iirc the initial pricing is literally requiring people to buy the upgrade with the exact same price as its vanilla release, thus it means people who bought the game Day 1 were forced to pay literally twice for what should've been there in the first place. Yes, it's much better thing to offer for those who's late to the party, but for those who bought the game Day 1..... I also vaguely remembering the outrage were caused because they announced it quite sometime after releasing the last DLC, so people literally wasted so much money buying the vanilla game Day 1 + 3 individual DLCs, only to get fucked in the ass with the fact that Dark Souls 2: Better Edition is coming and they aren't getting any discount to get it, and had to pay the exact same full price again.

Same case here with this DS1 remaster. Feels like they want to jump into the remastering a game from 2011 bandwagon with Bethesda. Not to mention they really made it unclear whether there's going to be a discount or not, and what it features really seems like it's not worth it, AND it split the fanbase, too.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
It split the PC fanbase because it's a DX11 edition that can't be upgraded to from DX9 unless you pay exactly the amount you spent when buying the game Day 1. Basically it fucked everyone who bought the game Day 1 in the ass because, iirc the initial pricing is literally requiring people to buy the upgrade with the exact same price as its vanilla release, thus it means people who bought the game Day 1 were forced to pay literally twice for what should've been there in the first place. Yes, it's much better thing to offer for those who's late to the party, but for those who bought the game Day 1..... I also vaguely remembering the outrage were caused because they announced it quite sometime after releasing the last DLC, so people literally wasted so much money buying the vanilla game Day 1 + 3 individual DLCs, only to get fucked in the ass with the fact that Dark Souls 2: Better Edition is coming and they aren't getting any discount to get it, and had to pay the exact same full price again.

Same case here with this DS1 remaster. Feels like they want to jump into the remastering a game from 2011 bandwagon with Bethesda. Not to mention they really made it unclear whether there's going to be a discount or not, and what it features really seems like it's not worth it, AND it split the fanbase, too.

It's 2018. There is no DS fanbase to split right now. Although I agree with the rest of your post.

Meh, useless. Dark Souls with DSfix was good enough and is a lot cheaper. Should‘ve remastered Demon‘s Souls. Still the best Souls game due to interesting concepts like world tendency and with the best atmosphere.
Demon's Souls has the same problem of Blooborne: you are simply asking to the wrong company to remaster it, since Sony owns the right for it.

Also, Dark Souls is their best game (and I would put Bloodborne second).
A lot of Demon's Souls frankly feels like an immature prototype, going back to it from DS1.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Also, Dark Souls is their best game (and I would put Bloodborne second).
A lot of Demon's Souls frankly feels like an immature prototype, going back to it from DS1.

Gameplay-wise, Dark Souls is certainly the superior game (grass munching vs. estus), but Demon's Souls atmosphere alone makes it (by far) the more memorable game for me.

Cruel Beans

Arbiter
If they don't fix all the hitbox issues and jankier gameplay aspects of the game, I don't see the point of getting this remake.

That isn't to say they should introduce DS3 mechanics either, or "dumb it down" as hardcorefags would whine about, just that they should polish the game to perfection.

Unwanted

MI.Tex

Unwanted
the game has no dialogues,

2c5e070cb96d5fa3bd21c218ba7a022ef5321f2a_hq.jpg

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
who gives a shit about dark souls now that NIOH is on PC?
Anyone who considers that damage bloat + hp bloat + ganks + cancerous MMO loot and progression system = shit. Nioh replaces "tough but fair" with "hahaha, fuck you! XD". Not to mention the absolute cringe of a story, mediocre level design and the criminal reuse of bosses.

I dropped nioh during the post game/dlc after realizing every single regular enemy was like stumbling onto Havel the Rock right after getting the key. And, no, I wasn't too underleveled. Enemy taking 15 hits to go down while being able to kill me with 2 hits is "working as intended".

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
who gives a shit about dark souls now that NIOH is on PC?
Anyone who considers that damage bloat + hp bloat + ganks + cancerous MMO loot and progression system = shit. Nioh replaces "tough but fair" with "hahaha, fuck you! XD". Not to mention the absolute cringe of a story, mediocre level design and the criminal reuse of bosses.

I dropped nioh during the post game/dlc after realizing every single regular enemy was like stumbling onto Havel the Rock right after getting the key. And, no, I wasn't too underleveled. Enemy taking 15 hits to go down while being able to kill me with 2 hits is "working as intended".

git gud

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom