Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dark Sun Series

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Jaesun said:
8864.png

Who's the fat baby?

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
I wouldn't say it's not worth playing, but Shattered Lands is better in every single regard (including bugs!!!) and there are other games you should probably play before it. Just don't import your party from Shattered Lands because it doubles the hit points of all enemies, which is maybe the worst design decision I've ever heard of in an RPG.

gunman

Arcane
Developer
sgc_meltdown said:
let us define what being worth to play is

worth to play = DS: Shattered Lands, as opposite to Skyrim

Blackadder said:
I might have to play through these games again soon. Anyone know if the versions of Ravager floating about have 'The Bug' in them? There is a pre setup version at DJ oldgames for anyone that is lazy regarding dosbox...I wonder if that version is the patched one...

The package from isohunt looks patched. I just started DS1 and it's 1.1. However, discard the dosbox environment that comes with it, which is 0.72 btw. I have found a custom version of dosbox 0.74 (ykhwong's) that supports direct3d for output and hardware scalers. The game runs perfect, with original aspect and sharp pixels.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
well bro wake of the ravager is kind of the matrix revolutions to shattered land's matrix

we all make our sacrifices for continuity in entertainment

gunman

Arcane
Developer
All right!

Don't let this thread sink. Do you want topics about assrim take its place?

GreyViper

Prophet
Anybody know if the GOG version is patched and you can complete one of the quest in undeground that involved ummberhulks. Think it was thief guild quest.

made

Arcane
Elwro said:
GOG version?
gunman said:
I have found a package on isohunt containing both games in "GoG style" , preconfigured with dosbox but I haven't tried them yet.

My guess is installers from DJ Oldgames. You know, the website that offered preinstalled dosbox games for free before GOG realized you could charge money for it.

Ringhausen

Augur
So I'm about to leave the second level of Shattered Lands, the one in the sewers, and suddenly a Dragon appears.

Clipboard01.jpg

What the hell is this? I've checked the manual and faqs and nothing mentions this shit at all. WTF

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
So you have never played a classic cRPG with the old copy-protection before I assume?

Also, reading is the hard.

Ringhausen

Augur
So you have never played a classic cRPG with the old copy-protection before I assume?

Also, reading is the hard.

Sadly true, I opened page 13 of the pdf, completely forgetting that it's not going to be page 13 of the actual manual.

Copy protection.. that makes sense. I thought it was some kind of bizarre mini game.

Anyways, yes my first pre Fallout RPG and I'm digging it. Though so far the combat has been very easy, not having to even use spells in most fights. Does it get much harder?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom