Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Darkfall: Unholy Wars

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
This game has been Greenlit by the Community!
The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam. :thumbsup:

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
So it's finally coming out on April 16th and the NDA has been lifted. Anybody from here in the beta? Is it ready for launch?

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
so does anyone here know how this is going to be?

because i've snooped around on the forums (i know, i know) and everyone is complaining (i KNOW) that the "core gameplay" has been ruined and therefore the game will be shit. What do they mean exactly?

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
So, here’s a favor: is someone starts playing this, could he/she (heh) report back and let me know how it is? What I’m more interested in is:

· Is everything still very dependent on lag?
· Is the blatant cheating still running wild?
· Does the user interface still suck donkey balls?
· has aventurine become at least half-decent at PR and communicating wtf is going on?
· Is the game fun the new way?

Thanks!

hydd

I played DFO from the EU Beta until 2010~. I resubbed just to get auto admittance into the beta. Here are my answers to you, idonthavetimeforthiscrap...

Is everything still very dependent on lag?
The combat meta is twitch based, so yes it's dependent on latency.

Is the blatant cheating still running wild?
From what I saw during the beta, no. There was talk of dupes and clipping exploits but I personally was never in contact with any.

Does the user interface still suck donkey balls?
It's completely different. I felt it was counter intuitive, but not as much as the vanilla interface. It's sort of a Frankenstein made with Windows 8 "Tiles" and radial menus. Some people love it, some people hate it.

All in all, it's more accessible which was their goal.

has aventurine become at least half-decent at PR and communicating wtf is going on?
If you've followed the numerous broken promised release dates, you'd know it's the same Aventurine as ever. Just remember they're a small studio in the slums of Athens ;)

Is the game fun the new way?
Yeah, it is. It's a mix between MOBA-esque abilities, precise positioning/movement and the brutality of full character looting. It's the sort of game that causes heart attacks and boners.

The time sink and lack of friends interested is keeping me from continuing my subscription.

Data4

Arcane
Well, it's out now. Who's going to be the gullible twat brave soul to check out the new coat of paint?

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Darkfall always felt like a huge PVP arena rather than a developed sandbox. But that was at launch. Any change to that?

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, I'm holding off as well, preferably until there is a trial. Buying MMOs without trying 'em is too much of a risk nowadays since 95% of them turn out to be complete shit - and there is an especially good chance of that happening here, considering Aventurine's track record. I sure hope I'm wrong, though, and UW turns out to be great - we could really use some more decent PVP-focused MMOs.

KidBoogie

Learned
i'm playing. it's a lot of fun, but if you don't join a clan/have friends to play with it sucks. All of the good spawns are controlled by groups of 3+ people who have much more prowess (darkfall version of experience) than you. If you're alone you're stuck sitting in/near starter area where it's really tough to get prowess.

if you have any questions i'll try to answer

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
i'm playing. it's a lot of fun, but if you don't join a clan/have friends to play with it sucks. All of the good spawns are controlled by groups of 3+ people who have much more prowess (darkfall version of experience) than you. If you're alone you're stuck sitting in/near starter area where it's really tough to get prowess.

if you have any questions i'll try to answer
are clans still mainly made of retarded kids?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
The answer is obvious :

15055.jpg

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
When I was thinking about leaving, what actually made me finally leave was that no one in the clan knew who Led Zeppelin were. So I understood that I was too old for this shit.

Mortmal

Arcane
I played it at release, but not the unholy war version of it and probably wont i dont know anyone who is interested into that anymore . It was an extremely boring grind, we had to set up bots to raise our skills, especially magic, that or camping dumb mobs all day. If you dont do it, no pvp, you wont even able to pierce an armor and you wotn do any efficent magic . The combat system is mostly strafing, it was quickly boring . Add to that the most retarded , underaged and rude community ever encountered in a mmorpg, i cant remember anything positive to say about it . Devs were lazy lying bastards too .Its far from the sandbox pvp dream i was expecting .

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom